Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Dungeons & Dragons 5e, The world of Lathalus  (Read 5114 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons 5e, The world of Lathalus
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2016, 08:13:06 pm »

Fariel follows the drunken wizard, somewhat nervously.
The wizard is a short man with a white goat beard. He wears green-black robes and carries a walking stick. You walk down the street for around five minutes. The wizard has a slight problem opening the door of the house. It is a tall old building with most windows missing. You follow him upstairs where he opens a small room. The room has papers lying around and a small alchemy in the corner. There is a bookshelf with tomes of different ancient books on it. The wizard nervously looks through the papers looking for something. He soon takes the paper he was looking for and runs to the bookshelf and takes out one book. He than shows you the picture. It presents three objects, a staff, a circle and an amulet very similar to the one you have on your picture. Than the wizard opens the book and shows you a page with some text, on the side there are some notes written by the wizard. The note reads:

Paragraph 3: And the three took the keys and created one. They held it up and it opened. The two died, but the last one survived becoming stronger to meet the demon? king.
The door opened and the king came through. The third that survived bowed to him. The last
... The rest is unreadable.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2016, 08:09:53 am »

Action: Spend the time until the mission starts procuring any info I can on this strange place we're going to
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2016, 12:22:17 pm »

Fariel thanks the wizard, tipping him the remainder of his research fund, and hurries back to the tavern.

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Madmachine

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarfputer Project FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2016, 11:36:30 am »

Eliezer leaves the room and walks downstairs looking for somebody that could answer his question. Most of the people are drunk and probably won't be able to answer your question. Between them is the bartender running and serving drinks. The only ones (probably) not drunk are the people sitting in the dark corners. Who do you ask?
Meanwhile, what the rest of you does?

I look into the dark corners for the most magically-inclined-looking patron.
I am a Grammar Communist. I believe that the means of word production (i.e: dictionaries) should be seized, for the good of the people.

We are succeeding. You can tell, because the Oxford English Dictionary made an emoji word of the year.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2016, 12:48:32 pm »

Eliezer: you walk toward a tall and magically-looking person sitting by the window.  Gotta problem? a very harsh voice speaks towards you.

///Some time later\\\

Everybody other than Eliezer is back in The Little Archer Inn.
Fariel also finds out that a 'shrine' is a thing here pretty much unknown and demons or angels, in this town, are thought of as folk tales.
Bill finds out that the dungeon you will be heading into used to be a stronghold and it guarded an inactive portal to a different plane. Nobody told you why it guarded  an inactive portal.
Both Bill and Fariel have spend one GP
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Madmachine

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarfputer Project FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2016, 09:03:28 pm »

Eliezer: you walk toward a tall and magically-looking person sitting by the window.  Gotta problem? a very harsh voice speaks towards you.
"Yeah, I'd like to know where I might be able to find a source for spell components," Eliezer replies. "In particular, I'm in need of some insect parts. Are there grasshoppers around here this time of year?"
I am a Grammar Communist. I believe that the means of word production (i.e: dictionaries) should be seized, for the good of the people.

We are succeeding. You can tell, because the Oxford English Dictionary made an emoji word of the year.

Madmachine

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarfputer Project FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2016, 09:04:19 pm »

"Yeah, I'd like to know where I might be able to find a source for spell components," Eliezer replies. "In particular, I'm in need of some insect parts. Are there grasshoppers around here this time of year? Are there any component shops nearby?"
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 09:29:50 pm by Madmachine »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2016, 05:20:36 am »

An adventure store across the street.

Madmachine

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarfputer Project FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2016, 06:52:50 pm »

Eliezer thanks the man for his courtesy and heads there.

(OOC: would you please avoid using bright colors like that? It's hard to read against the forum background.)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2016, 07:53:53 pm »

(OOC: would you please avoid using bright colors like that? It's hard to read against the forum background.)

[[OOC:Just set the background to Darkling, instructions in my sig]]
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2016, 09:07:41 am »

Eliezer enters an adventurer shop you see different kind of gear and you see the ingredients you are looking for.

[[OOC: I kind of want to give you an idea of the person you are speaking with colors, but I will keep in mind to use different colors.
Also: I don't have the rulebooks with me so I don't know prices for anything.]]

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2016, 09:40:31 am »

((OOC: A spell component pouch only costs 25g. It's assumed that, unless you have a specific cost added for using that spell, it'll contain everything needed for your particular spellcasting needs.

Edit: It should also be noted a spell focus (Eli has one already) and a component pouch do exactly the same thing, you don't need both. They just let you cast spells....It's actually smart to have both though, in case he loses his staff. So let's get that done and move on, ey?

Double Edit: Actually, I really doubt he has the money to afford a whole pouch. GM might consider selling him some 'emergency supplies'-like, enough supplies to cast a spell once, for 1 gold each.))
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 09:47:42 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Madmachine

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarfputer Project FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2016, 03:42:54 pm »

(OOC: AH, okay, thanks. Never mind then; I don't have any "costing x GP" spells on my list.)

Madmachine

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarfputer Project FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2016, 03:53:14 pm »

(OOC: AH, okay, thanks. Never mind then; I don't have any "costing x GP" spells on my list.)
Eliezer will just follow the rest of the party

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2016, 04:16:16 pm »

Bill's potbellied pony Dasher eventually led the 'charge' out the city gates.

"All finished then, everyone? Excellent!

Ah, onwards then! To glory!"
He said, raising his tiny lance leading the way.

Action: I lead the party out of town on what should be a grand adventure!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4