Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Dungeons & Dragons 5e, The world of Lathalus  (Read 5115 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons 5e, The world of Lathalus
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2016, 11:19:47 am »

"I guess that would make it too easy!"

Bill took out his logbook and wrote in the following words. And he spoke them out loud.

"Even the mysterious man who sent Knight Joragrin on his perilous quest, had no idea what dangers he would have faced! It was truly a quest worthy of any true hero, one into the very depths of the forgotten fortress, facing an unknown foe (or foes) for an prize of untold (literally, he hasn't told us anything!) power. Of a minor note, he was accompanied by several fellows (whose names bare no mention) of no noble worth, or great deeds, yet in their bold peasant hearts glowed true courage he was glad to have by his side, at least for awhile. Thusly, he rousted his mighty steed and set forth, lance leveled against all the dangers he might face, scratch that, all the enemies he might confront, or perhaps all the foes he may level! ...er, no...will finish later..."

His tiny book (all true Knights must write flattering logs about their adventures for historical merit) closed with a clap.

"Ah, let's be off then! Any objections?" he said to his companions.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 11:21:59 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2016, 01:14:22 pm »

Fariel begins to protest, but then wilts, resolving to find out more about their objective on his own.

"N-No objections..."
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2016, 01:27:01 pm »

"Indeed. Let us set forth tomorrow morning, then? Minding my own artistic latitude, rousting my mighty steed need not happen right away.

It should give enough time to make our final preparations, whatever they may be.

The rest of you may want to put your estates in order as well, but do not fear, if you should perish in the course of my adventure, I will make sure your small funeral urns have the honor of being interred at the foot of my own palatial tomb-with an appropriate addendum in my biography that you did indeed die terribly and painfully, though I cannot promise your name or reason for coming will also be included. Something like 'Many of my brave allies were ruthlessly slaughtered by the horrors of that fell place', or something like that...

And while the tomb hasn't been built yet, as I have no need of it for many years-naturally!-I'm sure we'll find a place to put you in the meantime."
Bill remarked.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2016, 02:28:18 am »

"Ahahaha! Dearest companion, I think by the time of our end it shall be your urn," Marcon looks Bill up and down, "Or small jar as it were, in my tomb! That is, assuming you may in time see reason and swear fealty to my lordship when I undoubtedly prove myself in the coming adventure. As for preparations..." Marcon places his full explorer's pack on the table, "I am already fully prepared! As for tarrying another day, that is a distasteful idea to me. I have spent far too much time in this tavern counting the nicks on the bar's wood for my taste and I would much rather depart immediately."

Marcon grabs the bag of gold and tosses it to Bill. "Here you go, sir knight. I believe it for you, as a knight, to do what you do best and guard our wordly possessions until we decide to spend it. If the weight of the gold gets too tiring for you, I would be happy to carry it myself."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 05:31:43 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2016, 08:35:29 am »

Your hirer stands up and walks towards the door. After you've got the amulet, go to the capital and ask the city guards for Geth Hornraven. Now may we meet again. After his 'special' goodbye, the man puts his hood on and, before you can say anything, leaves the room.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 08:39:37 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2016, 01:21:12 pm »

Marcon places his full explorer's pack on the table, "I am already fully prepared! As for tarrying another day, that is a distasteful idea to me. I have spent far too much time in this tavern counting the nicks on the bar's wood for my taste and I would much rather depart immediately."

"Tarrying another night, then? I believe we could stand to learn more of our target-which our employer was so adamant about not revealing a thing. I think we might also hire someone with expertise in finding and disabling dungeon traps to accompany our band-none of us are very skilled in much of anything to relate to that. There's no honor in stumbling into a dark pit!"

((OOC: Translation, I think we should hire a rogue NPC to make up the missing party member. Also very useful in finding traps!))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2016, 09:39:56 pm »

"Very well, if you insist. I will not be joining you in your endeavour, however. It seems a dreadfully dull activity and I am done doing such dreary deeds until we've left. As for additional assistance, we have been informed that there will be no or minimal traps. Hiring someone to deal with them seems only a good way to throw some of our reward away. We'll leave at first light tomorrow, so do what you must today."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Madmachine

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarfputer Project FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2016, 08:11:42 am »

Eliezer looks about the tavern for someone who appears to be of a wizardly inclinations. "Excuse me," he says. "Do you know where I might gather components for spellcasting? Is there a shop nearby?"
I am a Grammar Communist. I believe that the means of word production (i.e: dictionaries) should be seized, for the good of the people.

We are succeeding. You can tell, because the Oxford English Dictionary made an emoji word of the year.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2016, 07:44:33 am »

Eliezer leaves the room and walks downstairs looking for somebody that could answer his question. Most of the people are drunk and probably won't be able to answer your question. Between them is the bartender running and serving drinks. The only ones (probably) not drunk are the people sitting in the dark corners. Who do you ask?
Meanwhile, what the rest of you does?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2016, 09:32:33 pm »

I do some standard maintenance on my weapons and armour, exercising and then bathing when I'm done.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2016, 10:11:02 pm »

Fariel takes a few[3-4] gold pieces and goes around gathering information in taverns and such, both about attacks similar to the one on his shrine and on amulets and demons and kings
Spooky Signature

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2016, 08:33:17 am »

Bill goes to the local noble court and tries to dig up juicy rumors on local politics (insofar as they may relate to this mission)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2016, 10:24:03 am »

Does Marcon stay in this tavern, or looks for another place?

Fariel asks around different taverns and places gathering knowledge. In one of the taverns you meet a drunk wizard and he seems to know something about the amulet. He tells you to follow him to his house, where he can show you something. Do you follow him?

Bill walks to the town meeting area. He asks a few people around and one of the more important rumors he finds out is, that there is known to be an organization that has been trying to take over control in the kingdom and it attempted to assassinate the king. You also acknowledge yourself that there is peace between most of the races and the only current fighting is happening with the monsters.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2016, 04:47:16 pm »

Marcon stays in the tavern.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2016, 06:48:54 pm »

Fariel follows the drunken wizard, somewhat nervously.
Spooky Signature
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4