Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Dungeons & Dragons 5e, The world of Lathalus  (Read 5110 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Dungeons & Dragons 5e, The world of Lathalus
« on: July 14, 2016, 05:51:57 am »

People come in and walk out of the tavern, as you wait for who is supposed to be your next hirer. The Little Archer Inn is a very busy tavern, it's always loud and very crowded. The bartender, a fat, tall man with black short hair, runs around the tables smiling to everybody. The food and drinks are great here, probably that's why it's so crowded. Half of the people are either very drunk or unconscious. The floor is something you don't want to look at for a long time, it's very sticky and full of stains ranging from scarlet red to dark green. The tavern is also known as a place of a gambling game called "the drunken king". People place bets on who from the people sitting next to the bar is gonna be the last one standing.

Don't worry, he's soon gonna be here. The bartender puts four goblets of the "special", a pale blue drink with something black and a grape in it. It smells hellish and has a frightening taste. He is never late. You know, he saved my life once and he was just on time. The bartender laughs as another drunk falls over, the bartender is clearly drunk as well, but he seems very friendly.

OOC
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 05:54:02 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons 5e, The world of Lathalus
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 08:49:41 am »

Sir Bildebring Joragrin had to use a high stool to reach up to the bar, but he could drink with the best of them. Still, this place wasn't up to his usual expectation of quality...he sniffed at his drink delicately, half expecting it to explode in his hand. He thought this place could use a good cleaning with a mop and bucket...or maybe a ritual cleansing by exorcists...

"For your sake, bondsman, I hope he is here soon. We have been waiting quite awhile." Bill remarked, though the comment was without rancor-it didn't sound as if he considered it a threat, more like a polite gesture-it was almost as if commenting on the weather.

He finally gave up on his drink, pushing it away carefully, so it wouldn't tip over and light the place on fire. He then tried to strike up a conversation with the bartender to pass the time.

"...Might I ask why this place is called the little archer inn? There is always a 'colorful' story about these sorts of things, isn't there." He said fastidiously.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 09:39:08 am »

The man sat down comfortably in his chair, drunk his special and began telling the story. You ashk, about the little archersh shtory? Huh? Oh it ish my favorua... Ekhm... favoreau... How do you say da? A right! My favorite shtory. A long day ago, yesh, yesh, very long ago. There was a boy, the boy was my grand grand father. He loved hish bow, and he loved shooting, but he would miss from a feet away. One day there was an attack on thish village. An attack of 10 or more goblinsh. It was night time and everybody was shleeping, but the little archer, was practicing like every night(which didn't help him at shooting). When my grand grand father saw the goblinsh, he shot... Here the bartender stopped and drunk your special. ...all hish 20 arrowsh, but all of them missed. The goblinsh started laughing so hard that they wpke up the town guard and that's how the little archer saved the village. When he grew up the little archer started this place and it soon got the name The Little Archer Inn. Nice story huh? Now let me bring some more of the special.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 11:27:51 am »

"...Ah. What a quaint little tale! How positively...rural!

Though, I'm surprised he managed to live long enough to beget children. Given the 10...or more...goblins, I mean. Wouldn't they have slashed him into peasant-y bits, shortly afterwards? And yet, here you stand, proof of your most certain ancestors improbable survival..."
He commented lightly, believing his irony would be lost on the audience.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 06:43:33 pm »

Marcon leans on his hand as he listens to the bartender's story. Were he in a drinking mood the bartender's story might've risen a laugh out of him, but he was anxious for a new job and the boredom of waiting was grating on him. Sniffing at his drink and taking a sip, he watches as the gnome and the bartender continue their exchange.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 07:19:41 am »

Oh, he's here. The bartender says when the door opens and a tall man in a dark cloak enters the tavern. It has been raining outside and his clothes are really wet. He hides his face under a hood, so you can't see it. The bartender stands up with a laugh. I told you, he would come. The man in the cloak, speaks to the barman with a deep voice. Could you get us a private place? The bartender nods and gives you a sign to follow him.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2016, 07:35:41 am »

Marcon gets up and follows him.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2016, 08:09:07 am »

"A bit of skullduggery spices up even the most mundane of heroic tales..." The Knight grunted, hopping off his stool and following.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 04:34:02 pm »

Fariel looks up from contemplation of an untouched mug, noticing the man in the cloak. With a hesitant series of steps, he follows his employer into the backroom.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2016, 09:40:35 am »

You walk up the tavern stairs, leading you to the upper level. The floor here is much cleaner and it isn't as sticky. You walk down a corridor, on each side of it there are doors leading to different rooms. The bartender leads you to the last room and opens it before you. The room has a small table in the middle and a few chairs around it, there is a bed in the corner and a cupboard above the bed. The bartender closes the door behind you leaving you with your hirer. You sit around the table, looking at each other without a word. The man takes of his hood revealing himself. His hair and his bushy beard are white with some hair being black. His eyes are hazel, he has many scars. With a swift move he pulls out a bag and puts it on the table. Hundred gold pieces for a starter. The man than takes out a piece of paper and spreads it on the table.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have my ways of knowing that the amulet in the middle can be found in a particular place, an old dungeon. Below the amulet you've got a rough map how to get there. It doesn't look like a map, but it at least tells you that the place where the amulet is, is on the boarder of the deep mountains. Bring the amulet to me and you will get three times as much as in this bag.
((Sorry for the huge images.))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2016, 09:51:03 am »

Bill tried to make out the terrible handwriting on the map without much success.

"...Sounds straightforward enough. Small matters before we continue, however.

Might I ask what sort dangers we might thrust ourselves against? What do you know about this place? And, what's your interest in the amulet? I'm also sure my silent compatriots also have their own questions!"

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2016, 10:23:30 am »

The man answers in his rough and harsh voice. Dungeons like dungeons, they tend to have a few monsters and the like. The dungeon used to be a stronghold and it shouldn't have traps unless you really want to find one, it fell due to an attack both from outside and inside, I don't know much more about it. My interest in the amulet you ask? Well, let's just say that it involves stopping a war, keeping the current king on throne and not letting a demon into this world.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2016, 10:33:49 am »

Fariel clears his throat and raises his hand.

"I-I'm fairly certain that all those things are pretty i-important. A-And the amulet must be pretty powerful to do them. Wouldn't it make at least s-some sense if we knew more about this amulet?"
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2016, 10:39:01 am »

"I'm more interested in what sort of enemies we might face! I have the urge to wet my blade on some challenging foes."

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2016, 11:03:27 am »

The man looks at Bill and Fariel.I don't know what will you meet there, but I'm sure that it will be challenging enough.
Right now you know enough about the amulet. Just remember not to loose it and everything should be fine.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 08:36:13 am by snow dwarf »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4