Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Damned : A Daemon's Offer [6/6 players]  (Read 5557 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: Damned : A Daemon's Offer [0/6 players]
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2016, 07:54:46 am »

HOLD IT!

Spoiler: AzyWng's Char sheet (click to show/hide)

I think you might have forgotten something :/

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Damned : A Daemon's Offer [6/6 players]
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2016, 11:33:44 am »

"Here goes - What would be the best way for me to destroy the Wonder I would find easiest to destroy, given my skill set, with 'best' here being defined as 'most likely to succeed, again given my skills and abilities'?"
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 02:26:19 pm by TopHat »
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2016, 12:56:44 pm »

"I suppose my question is how we get out of here and out into the world."
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2016, 01:12:37 pm »

"What dangers will we be likely to encounter while attacking the wonders?"

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2016, 09:44:05 pm »

"And given our skillsets, what would be the best or most effective way for us to deal with these dangers?

If info regarding the whole team is too broad, I'd be happy with just myself."

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2016, 09:45:47 pm »

((I can't think of any questions to ask, I'm terrible at this kind of thing.))
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2016, 09:47:10 pm »

((How about the best way to get to the wonders? Might come in handy if one's hidden or there's a secret passage or something we wouldn't otherwise know about.))

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2016, 09:48:54 pm »

((How about the best way to get to the wonders? Might come in handy if one's hidden or there's a secret passage or something we wouldn't otherwise know about.))

((Even a generic question like asking for a description of each of the wonders could help.))

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2016, 10:03:51 pm »

"What is the fastest way to reach each of the wonders, without dying?"
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Damned : A Daemon's Offer [0/6 players]
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2016, 11:14:08 am »

"Here goes - What would be the best way for me to destroy the Wonder I would find easiest to destroy, given my skill set, with 'best' here being defined as 'most likely to succeed, again given my skills and abilities'?"

... The Wonders consist not only of it's physical presence, but also the concepts and things it represents. By leveraging the power of the Wonder to destroy or twist it's association with those concepts, the Wonder itself can be weakened to render it vulnerable to conventional attack.

"I suppose my question is how we get out of here and out into the world."

... Pass through the door, cross the river and defeat the hound.

... All of the wonders will defend themself.

The Wyrm fights with tooth, claw and fire.
The Woods will grow vines, thorns and poisoned fruit.
The Colossus has a Trident and shield.
The Shard cloaks itself in darkness.
The Mountain's Song can flatten cities
The Eternal flame leaves not even ash.

In addition, all will be defended. The Wyrm by it's spawn, the Woods by the elves that worship it. The Colossus is surrounded by a massive human city, the Shard by a Dark Fortress filled with goblins and Orks alike. The Mountain's hollow caverns are inhabited by kobolds, while the Dwarves have build an entire fortress around the Flame.

"And given our skillsets, what would be the best or most effective way for us to deal with these dangers?

If info regarding the whole team is too broad, I'd be happy with just myself."

... The Wyrm's spawn is territorial and enraptured by gold. The elves are obsessed by nature, and frail. The humans are divided and easily misled. The orks and goblins are hated by other races, and worship demons. Kobolds are fearful and superstitious. The dwarves are reliant on their industry as well as greedy.

"What is the fastest way to reach each of the wonders, without dying?"

... The fastest way would be to pay a daemon for transportation. Though it will require a hefty price, seeing as it's not entirely a trivial affair, a daemon can get you were you need to go.

You can decide to move on, or try to make a deal with the local denizens of the Underworld. One of you has not yet asked his question, after all.

Spoiler: ATHATH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Teneb (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Playergamer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tophat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AzyWng's Char sheet (click to show/hide)
[/quote]
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 11:25:24 am by 10ebbor10 »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2016, 12:33:25 am »

Azywng decided to look around and see if he could get his hands on a sword of some kind.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2016, 05:01:57 am »

Look around for any locals willing to trade reserves of enforced power in exchange for the completion of a quest.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2016, 02:16:25 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2016, 02:28:17 pm »

Look around for any locals willing to trade reserves of enforced power in exchange for the completion of a quest.

Turns out you're in luck. Not often do people leave the Tartaros, so the fact that you're planning to do so means that you get a few offers. Unfortunately, not many of them actually believe that you'll actually succeed in leaving, so the offers are a bit meager.

A fiend, resembling a Hunter of sorts, wants you to take a chunk of meat to the surface and feed it to a large predator. He offers you 5 crystals for it, each of which contains a meager amount of magical energy. As a guarantee however, he demands that he may place a curse upon you, whose effect will become clear if you fail to complete the task by the first full Moon.

A daemon wants to visit the surface realms. Unfortunately daemons lack souls, and thus can not survive outside Tartaros unaided. It's plan is to piggyback on your soul, temporally binding itself to you. It'd be a powerfull ally, but the daemonic energies will have severe effects on your body.

A demon is offering you a small wooden stave, which contains a small amount of magical energy. All he asks is for 15 minutes of your time. He's being quite cryptic on that demand, refusing to expand on it.

Azywng decided to look around and see if he could get his hands on a sword of some kind.

There are a few swords that are being offered. The vast majority are either cursed terribly, worth nothing, or demand your soul in exchange. In the end, you're left with a choice between two swords. One is a legendary sword, the other completely ordinary.

Bloodweep, the Dark Blade of Deception is a solid black claymore. It's a powerful blade, virtually unbreakable, and was wielded by an Orc warboss. When faced with human armies that outnumbered his own, he offered to meet with the enemy generals unarmed to discuss the terms of his surrender. As soon as the meeting started, he grabbed his blade as from nowhere and slew them all. A curse rests upon this blade. The wielders wounds will not heal, as long as he handles his blade.

The other sword is just a generic sword, of decent manufacture. The demon who offers it to you demands merely a sacrifice of blood.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2016, 08:40:40 am »

Azywng took a look at the two viable options.

The Dark Blade of Deception looked truly awesome, and yet, when informed of the curse, Azywng hesitated. In combat, even the slightest of wounds could be fatal if they failed to heal, and Azywng wasn't much interested in dying without his soul first.

Not to mention that carrying around a cursed blade that he had to draw blood with (potentially creating a wound that wouldn't heal if used on himself) sounded like the exact opposite of a good idea.

Azywng turned to the demon offering the ordinary sword.

"Very well then, I'll take you up on your offer. But first, does this blade come with a scabbard?"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4