Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1158 1159 [1160] 1161 1162 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1387934 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: 2016, Version 2.0
« Reply #17385 on: January 14, 2017, 07:58:36 pm »

No, the solution with the least amount of complication is usually the correct one.

Some moron plugging in the wrong feed into a script that splices feeds together (say, for adding commercials, etc) is the most likely explanation, followed by somebody bumping a switch on a studio panel and not noticing.

Other explanations require some level of conspiracy, which becomes less likely the more elaborate the conspiracy becomes.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17386 on: January 14, 2017, 08:00:49 pm »

Goddammit, wierd, stop being so reasonable and logical, you're ruining the narrative! :P
._.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17387 on: January 14, 2017, 08:10:18 pm »

I cant help it. I'm just a jackass like that.

If there is one thing I have learned to be a universal truth, it is that humans are incompetent. If a problem can be attributed to human incompetence, that is usually the lowest hanging fruit, and the most likely explanation.

(amusingly, this is also why conspiracy theories are unlikely to be truthful-- as a conspiracy grows in size and complexity, more humans are involved, and inherent human incompetence will shatter the needed perfection of information control, and choreographed execution to sustain the integrity of the conspiracy. Humans being horrible at everything is why conspiracy theories get more and more silly the more elaborate they become.)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 08:12:31 pm by wierd »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17388 on: January 14, 2017, 08:18:57 pm »

No, the solution with the least amount of complication is usually the correct one.

Some moron plugging in the wrong feed into a script that splices feeds together (say, for adding commercials, etc) is the most likely explanation, followed by somebody bumping a switch on a studio panel and not noticing.

Other explanations require some level of conspiracy, which becomes less likely the more elaborate the conspiracy becomes.

I know, but that doesn't change the fact that it does look strange in the context of the Russian stuff. Most likely it really is just an accident.

@Sergarr: PMC? We just call it the Cabinet and refer to the department heads as Secretaries. edit: Actually, wait, I don't think that's what you meant, no idea what you meant. His base?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17389 on: January 14, 2017, 08:20:05 pm »

(amusingly, this is also why conspiracy theories are unlikely to be truthful-- as a conspiracy grows in size and complexity, more humans are involved, and inherent human incompetence will shatter the needed perfection of information control, and choreographed execution to sustain the integrity of the conspiracy. Humans being horrible at everything is why conspiracy theories get more and more silly the more elaborate they become.)
On that note, I'd like to go ahead and plug this really cool research paper which uses the personnel counts and failure progression of conspiracies that were ultimately demonstrated true in order to calculate the number of conspirators and mean time to discovery of any conspiracy, real or fake.
@Sergarr: PMC? We just call it the Cabinet and refer to the department heads as Secretaries. edit: Actually, wait, I don't think that's what you meant, no idea what you meant. His base?
PMC = Private Military Company. Blackwater, Executive Actions, Outer Heaven, etc.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17390 on: January 14, 2017, 08:52:44 pm »

Trump's security lacks a really badass but foreboding name (I don't think I've ever even heard them called anything other then Trump's security), so we can sleep easy because they can't be a serious threat.

Even the avatars expire eventually.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17391 on: January 14, 2017, 08:55:19 pm »

Well, they'll be involved with guarding Trump in his new residence at the White House, so it's obvious that they should be called the Whiteguard.

(More seriously, "Whitelist" would be an actual decent name for a PMC, albiet easy to accuse of ripping off Blackwater in structure.)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17392 on: January 14, 2017, 09:07:51 pm »

I don't think anybody other than the Secret Service (why are they called 'secret'? It's like using the word 'secret' in an oxymoronically way because while they are as secretive as any government agency, they certainly aren't secret) would be protecting him in the WH.

Trumps first foreign visit will be to Iceland to meet Putin, though things haven't been formally set up yet, and may not be the location that they finally decide on. Though I guess they can't really set it up formally until Trump is actually POTUS anyway.

I suppose Iceland is nice around this time of year.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #17393 on: January 14, 2017, 09:13:23 pm »

I don't think anybody other than the Secret Service (why are they called 'secret'? It's like using the word 'secret' in an oxymoronically way because while they are as secretive as any government agency, they certainly aren't secret) would be protecting him in the WH.
Yeah...
Protecting...
Not assassinating...
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17394 on: January 14, 2017, 09:14:59 pm »

Are you trying imply that the Secret Service wants to assassinate Trump?
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17395 on: January 14, 2017, 09:18:03 pm »

Well given how many elites the guy has pissed off I wouldnt blame him for wanting his own personal security
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17396 on: January 14, 2017, 09:22:01 pm »

Are you trying imply that the Secret Service wants to assassinate Trump?
I'm implying that the democrats currently in power want to assassinate Trump.
And the peeps in the Secret Service right now are in THEIR pocket...

Indeed, I do this.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17397 on: January 14, 2017, 09:25:50 pm »

Assassinating Trump is foolish. That leaves Pence in power, and he is far more devious than trump.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17398 on: January 14, 2017, 09:28:32 pm »

Eh I sorta like Pence more then Trump and I know the GOP does too, Trump has little to no allies yet somehow hes going to turn America into a facist dictatorship.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17399 on: January 14, 2017, 09:29:07 pm »

Assassinating Trump is foolish. That leaves Pence in power, and he is far more devious than trump.
He doesn't have Trump's charisma though. Trump is memes incarnate, which makes people pay attention to him and what he says.
So from the perspective of the left, its something they doubtlessly want.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 1158 1159 [1160] 1161 1162 ... 1249