Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1141 1142 [1143] 1144 1145 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1387688 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: 2016, Version 2.0
« Reply #17130 on: January 11, 2017, 02:41:02 pm »

Trump knows his supporters well. If he just slanders his opponents, they will eat it up.

As I said, I know Trump is going to get re-elected.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #17131 on: January 11, 2017, 02:46:32 pm »

If he banned vaccines, I would make full use of my Canadian citizenship and leave. That's not even a question- there's no way in hell that I would live in a country that outright banned vaccines. Especially with how many they forced into me just to immigrate.

I was vaccinated for the chicken pox twice, goddammit. My brother who had the chicken pox was vaccinated for the chicken pox. Hell, I think we were all vaccinated for hep C, even.

Shingles is no joke. Count yourself lucky.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17132 on: January 11, 2017, 02:58:03 pm »

Trump... well, just read it:

President-elect Donald Trump on Wednesday refused to take a question from a CNN reporter during his press conference, berating the network for “fake news.”

"Your organization is terrible," Trump told CNN’s Jim Acosta when he tried to ask a question.

"You're attacking us, can you give us a question?” Acosta replied.

"Don't be rude. No, I'm not going to give you a question. You are fake news," Trump responded, before calling on a reporter from Breitbart.
good lord that comments section is cancerous. Honestly it doesn't supprise me that trump is a massive pathological lier but the fact that so many people seem to be slupring it up is disturbing.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17133 on: January 11, 2017, 03:08:41 pm »

good lord that comments section is cancerous. Honestly it doesn't supprise me that trump is a massive pathological lier but the fact that so many people seem to be slupring it up is disturbing.

If you understand the narrative it is easier to understand.

The Conservatives are the heroes of the American society that are under siege by the limp wristed Liberals who control the media and pit it against the American people.

Basically the same reason why some Christians consider themselves to be victims.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17134 on: January 11, 2017, 03:10:28 pm »

Which is funny. If the conservatives were the ones losing and only Trump could bring them back, shouldn't the country have way more liberal policies? And shouldn't Trump has just not won?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17135 on: January 11, 2017, 03:13:45 pm »

Which is funny. If the conservatives were the ones losing and only Trump could bring them back, shouldn't the country have way more liberal policies? And shouldn't Trump has just not won?

Conservative policies are neutral because that is how things should be. So Liberalism is a imposition on American freedoms.

It would be like saying Doctors treat the sick is conservative. Yet the idea that doctors shouldn't treat the old and elderly is a liberal idea.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #17136 on: January 11, 2017, 03:15:47 pm »

Conservative policies are neutral because that is how things should be. So Liberalism is a imposition on American freedoms.

It would be like saying Doctors treat the sick is conservative. Yet the idea that doctors shouldn't treat the old and elderly is a liberal idea.

I think your train of thought left the station with just you on it. Could you expand on those?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #17137 on: January 11, 2017, 03:20:33 pm »

To be fair, Trump did lose in a landslide. Just our history of compromise with slavers has come back again to bite us in the ass.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17138 on: January 11, 2017, 03:58:02 pm »

To be fair, Trump did lose in a landslide. Just our history of compromise with slavers has come back again to bite us in the ass.

It was not a compromise with slavers that led to the electoral college.  It was a compromise between New York and Rhode Island, both free states.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17139 on: January 11, 2017, 04:00:07 pm »

It was not a compromise with slavers that led to the electoral college.  It was a compromise between New York and Rhode Island, both free states.
...then what was the "slaves count as 3/5th of a free person's vote" all about?
._.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #17140 on: January 11, 2017, 04:08:25 pm »

that's factually not true. getting votes is an optimization problem and he optimized his campaign according to the rules, exactly as the other candidate did. different rules, different optimizations would have been made to the campaign.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17141 on: January 11, 2017, 04:11:01 pm »

that's factually not true. getting votes is an optimization problem and he optimized his campaign according to the rules, exactly as the other candidate did. different rules, different optimizations would have been made to the campaign.

Trump received 3 million fewer votes than his opponent. The fact he won the election because reasons does not change that.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #17142 on: January 11, 2017, 04:12:31 pm »

Trump received 3 million fewer votes than his opponent. The fact he won the election because reasons does not change that.

yes, and yet that doesn't make it a 'landslide loss'. it's like being first in a regularity race - it doesn't mean a thing if you don't follow the timetable, and doesn't mean that the one who was closest to the timetable 'lost' because you were fastest.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17143 on: January 11, 2017, 04:16:52 pm »

I think your train of thought left the station with just you on it. Could you expand on those?

Remember I am speaking from a conservative standpoint.

Not everything a conservative does will be considered conservative by them but rather common sense.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17144 on: January 11, 2017, 04:18:30 pm »

yes, and yet that doesn't make it a 'landslide loss'. it's like being first in a regularity race - it doesn't mean a thing if you don't follow the timetable, and doesn't mean that the one who was closest to the timetable 'lost' because you were fastest.

That's a pretty poor equivalency.

Trump won because he won the right states. It's more like Connect Four than a regularity race. Doesn't matter how many pieces you put in the wee thing, if you don't get four in a row, you won't win...

Anyway, politics is a popularity contest. Trump lost that contest, and won on a technicality.

Pages: 1 ... 1141 1142 [1143] 1144 1145 ... 1249