Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1395361 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Post-Apocalypse
« Reply #15660 on: December 15, 2016, 08:59:13 am »

And just so you guys remember

YOU VOTED FOR TRUMP and everyone who DIDN'T vote for trump was just irrationally hating on him for no reason.

That is the narrative America is sticking with. Remember Liberals won Trump the election and Conservatives are the poor trodden upon voter base who are maliciously slandered.
This is the narrative you're sticking with m8

Not I. I still vividly remember the narrative given immediately after Trump won.

As well as this continuous "Give him a chance" and "How would you know that?" and "What proof?" (and goodness the What proof is annoying. YES what proof would there be that a continuous lying thief wouldn't try to steal when given a job to guard money? and no I am not referring to Trump...)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15661 on: December 15, 2016, 09:02:46 am »

Not I. I still vividly remember the narrative given immediately after Trump won.
I'm not saying anything 3deep5u I'm just saying there is no "the narrative." Multipolar world full of very many narratives, there is no one narrative that binds us all on a common thread. What you remember? It'll be different from what other peeps remember

As well as this continuous "Give him a chance" and "How would you know that?" and "What proof?" (and goodness the What proof is annoying. YES what proof would there be that a continuous lying thief wouldn't try to steal when given a job to guard money? and no I am not referring to Trump...)
You'll have to be more specific as I'm missing some references heree

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15662 on: December 15, 2016, 09:40:22 am »

And just so you guys remember

YOU VOTED FOR TRUMP and everyone who DIDN'T vote for trump was just irrationally hating on him for no reason.

That is the narrative America is sticking with. Remember Liberals won Trump the election and Conservatives are the poor trodden upon voter base who are maliciously slandered.

No, I voted for Hillary, and Trump won because of GOP voter suppression tactics and the way right-wing media have convinced their audience that real news is fake and fake news is real. Among other things.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15663 on: December 15, 2016, 09:45:03 am »

Pretty certain you lost because the DNC picked the less popular candidate, the DNC email leaks, and your media convincing you that real news is fake and fake news is real. Oh no, Putin controls your country, and Hillary has a 98% chance of victory... Reality, or fiction?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15664 on: December 15, 2016, 10:00:16 am »

Pretty certain you lost because the DNC picked the less popular candidate, the DNC email leaks, and your media convincing you that real news is fake and fake news is real. Oh no, Putin controls your country, and Hillary has a 98% chance of victory... Reality, or fiction?

Real news is less fake! :P
Sure, the polls were wrong. The polls didn't account for people who planned to vote not being able to vote, however. They also didn't account for people who were planning to vote Trump but didn't want to tell pollsters. I don't know how large each factor was, mind you. I'm reading http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3237344-El-Faro-transcript.html?embed=true&pdf=true&responsive=false&sidebar=false&text=true so I'm not gonna hunt for charts right now. :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15665 on: December 15, 2016, 10:11:11 am »

Real news is less fake! :P
Sure, the polls were wrong. The polls didn't account for people who planned to vote not being able to vote, however. They also didn't account for people who were planning to vote Trump but didn't want to tell pollsters. I don't know how large each factor was, mind you. I'm reading http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3237344-El-Faro-transcript.html?embed=true&pdf=true&responsive=false&sidebar=false&text=true so I'm not gonna hunt for charts right now. :P

Clinton ignoring the working class and not having a solid economic message that spoke to the rural people like Trump's 'Make America Great Again!' didn't help either. It's not any one single factor that brought about her downfall, it's a whole bunch of different factors.

And the pollsters also failed to adequately reach the rural voters.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #15666 on: December 15, 2016, 10:13:29 am »

right-wing media have convinced their audience that real news is fake and fake news is real. Among other things.

ah the "all the elector of the other camp have been deceived", never gets old.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15667 on: December 15, 2016, 10:21:11 am »

CNN, huffpo, etc, confirmed for fake news, I guess. Maybe people are right, maybe fake news is really troublesome, since it deceived the greatest part of the democrat voters :U
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15668 on: December 15, 2016, 10:30:04 am »

CNN, huffpo, etc, confirmed for fake news, I guess. Maybe people are right, maybe fake news is really troublesome, since it deceived the greatest part of the democrat voters :U

which new item / by whom.

there's so much shit going on either camp you can find fake news picked up from every corner of the internet, from people trying to squeeze every last advertisement dollar out of a crazy 2016

of course if one shuts down, stop verifying every item choosing instead of going by 'this and that source are reputable, those others not' he's gonna be driven anywhere they want to. it's not 'fake whole channel' but there are planted items designed to stir up controversy in all kind of directions.

just begin by filtering 'anonymous source' and move from there. it doesn't help everything cites everyone else as a source, so one ends up in loops of confirmation bias generated by news left/right blocks.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15669 on: December 15, 2016, 10:39:00 am »

Indeed, but there's the thing: the very people and news outlets which are now backing the whole ~omg fake news~ buzz wave of late are mostly linked to the very news sources that reported clinton was undeniably going to win the election and anyone who thought otherwise was either a white supremacist or a conspiracy theorist.

Which means those very outlets were throwing around badly sourced and biased news around and claiming it came from supposedly reputable sources. Now that that golden lord trump rules the holy land of 'murica and reality hit everyone in the face like a truck loaded with bricks, the very same people are going around saying that fake news definitely had an effect on the election and deceived a lot of people. And they're right, except it wasn't joe average and his macedonian website about UFO news or the crazy stormfront guy that believes in nibiru, it was big fucking media throwing around narratives because it suited their interests.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15670 on: December 15, 2016, 10:45:20 am »

yeah and because trust is easily lost real news or whatever their name now is get shunned based on their channel. end result, everyone is now more vulnerable of eating opinion pieces from their own camp disguised as facts.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #15671 on: December 15, 2016, 10:48:38 am »

Indeed, but there's the thing: the very people and news outlets which are now backing the whole ~omg fake news~ buzz wave of late are mostly linked to the very news sources that reported clinton was undeniably going to win the election and anyone who thought otherwise was either a white supremacist or a conspiracy theorist.

Oh, yeah, we all remember those.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #15672 on: December 15, 2016, 11:07:57 am »

Oh, yeah, we all remember those.
Sarcasm? I don't remember those... but then again I don't bother with most news. I get the best stuff here :P

Perhaps a link?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15673 on: December 15, 2016, 11:25:19 am »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15674 on: December 15, 2016, 11:28:47 am »

So mild it doesn't exist?
Pages: 1 ... 1043 1044 [1045] 1046 1047 ... 1249