Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388098 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10605 on: November 09, 2016, 04:04:16 am »

I'm pissed beyond all human comprehension, but you guys are just being pathetic about this.

There are three components to the US government, and Trump only controls one, while the republicans do control one of the others, they have a vested interest in not doing shit that causes the entire nation to explode (they don't care about the people who fall through the cracks tho'.)  Trump cannot actually wreck the US or anyone else on his own, he NEEDS the House to back him or he can't do shit except write those lovely executive orders that can't actually change anything.

Stop whining.

No, for some reason this is awful. The majority of people accepted a fucoong racist misogynistic prick as their leader, and that's just not acceptable man.

I know this doesn't necessarily mean crystalnqcht levels of violence, Trump's campaign was based on hatred of Mexicans and Muslims. That's just unacceptable! I want a fucking in there but autocorrect, so I autocorrect yourself.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10606 on: November 09, 2016, 04:06:59 am »

Dubbya was a thousand times worse for everything than Trump will be and we elected him too, Trump isn't actively malignant, he's just a douchebag.  Whining about how terrible everything is going to be ignores the fact that it has been much, much worse in the past, and while progress can be slowed, it CANNOT be halted.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10607 on: November 09, 2016, 04:07:09 am »

No, for some reason this is awful. The majority of people accepted a fucoong racist misogynistic prick as their leader, and that's just not acceptable man.

I know this doesn't necessarily mean crystalnqcht levels of violence, Trump's campaign was based on hatred of Mexicans and Muslims. That's just unacceptable! I want a fucking in there but autocorrect, so I autocorrect yourself.

In Miami, which is apparently only 11 % white, Trump still had 34.1 % of votes.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10608 on: November 09, 2016, 04:07:39 am »

tbh trump kind of is actively malignant

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10609 on: November 09, 2016, 04:09:24 am »

Being a bigoted jackass isn't actively malignant, until he actually starts getting people killed for complete  fabricated bullshit he won't even faintly approach Dubbya levels of evil.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10610 on: November 09, 2016, 04:09:39 am »

Man, I love my dual citizenship.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10611 on: November 09, 2016, 04:10:07 am »

trump has a shorter attention span than dubya.

Just put some hookers in front of him, and he will forget all about the horrible beatdown shit you just discussed with him concerning foriegn policy.

The GOP could not possibly be ignorant of this, and I highly doubt they would not capitalize on it.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10612 on: November 09, 2016, 04:10:46 am »

A good start would be for the arab oil countries to boycot US. No oil for muslim haters.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #10613 on: November 09, 2016, 04:10:53 am »

Gonna be less condescending about this now since I'm now seeing exactly how upset people are and I am also realizing I was being a bit of a dick -- but I really think things will be okay. I can't say that things won't be negative, but I'm fairly confident that the level of turmoil some expect will not come to be, and though I do not know if violence against minorities will increase or if so how much, I am at least confident that we will not have a kristallnacht level kind of thing.

Yeah... I'm actually expecting this to be really bad.  It's not about Trump himself.  It's about republicans now having control of every branch of government.

I genuinely fear for women and LGBT right now.  Women's health has been under successful attack for a while now.  LGBT have only been gaining significant ground in the last 15 years.  Not just loftier stuff like gay marriage, but even the basic ability to be who they are.  Criminalization of gay and trans was on the books in some places all the way into the early 2000s (Truean has mentioned specifics on this many times on the forum)  It's been hard fought, and it could now be all swept away in one term.  This is not trivial.  Look at shit Frumple was referencing about money being taken from actual healthcare, to be put into gay conversion therapy camps instead.  Things like that are now on the table to be implemented at a Federal level.  And I personally know people who will likely lose their healthcare now, including my best friend's mom, who has been fighting cancer and will likely die to it without the coverage she gained from ACA.

I don't think it's hyperbole to say that things will not be ok for many people.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10614 on: November 09, 2016, 04:12:21 am »

That is my entire point, he doesn't even care about foreign policy, he really only gives any fucks about economic policy, specifically on the domestic side.  And while he has all sorts of opportunities to make a massive mess of that, I doubt it could really fuck us as badly as Dubbya's tenure and the housing market collapse.

Edit: directed at weird/others

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10615 on: November 09, 2016, 04:12:45 am »

You make good points. I want to be optimistic, but we'll have to see how things go, I guess.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10616 on: November 09, 2016, 04:14:18 am »

A good start would be for the arab oil countries to boycot US. No oil for muslim haters.
I'm pretty sure a part of Trump's platform was getting the US more energy independent. So arab oil countries stopping oil importing to the US would only further incentivize the implementation of that particular policy.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10617 on: November 09, 2016, 04:15:18 am »

trumps vision of "energy independence" revolves around putting fucktons of carbon into the air, and violating soveriegn rights of native americans.

No, what will hurt the US, is when trade embargos happen because we renig on Paris climate summit, and others.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10618 on: November 09, 2016, 04:16:22 am »

You make good points. I want to be optimistic, but we'll have to see how things go, I guess.

I want to know how you can be optimistic after this.

I, personally, found three more beers. Optimism ftw.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10619 on: November 09, 2016, 04:16:25 am »

The dollar has already crashed as hard as the pound after the Brexit. So did the Mexican peso. It could be just initial financial panic, might recover.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 [708] 709 710 ... 1249