Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1387915 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: Judgement Day
« Reply #10591 on: November 09, 2016, 03:48:38 am »

How the hell is the EU supposed to deal with all those US refugees

Turns out, Sweden's refugee policy would allow Mexican-Americans (and anyone whom Trump has threatened) to seek asylum!

If Nanaimo, British Columbia doesn't work out, I heard Oslo is nice.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10592 on: November 09, 2016, 03:51:06 am »

How the hell is the EU supposed to deal with all those US refugees

Turns out, Sweden's refugee policy would allow Mexican-Americans (and anyone whom Trump has threatened) to seek asylum!

If Nanaimo, British Columbia doesn't work out, I heard Oslo is nice.

My wife wouldn't accept it, and I'd presumably be acceptable to what Inwee as home (Edinburgh ftw!) so go away with you're supremely acceptable l er... Scandinavian acceptance.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10593 on: November 09, 2016, 03:51:34 am »

Holy shit, just googled up election results. 
These 4 years are gonna be something alright. 

The question that must be smoldering in everyone's minds:  Will Murrica be great again?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10594 on: November 09, 2016, 03:51:55 am »

I have to tell you not to accept that, because I'm super fucking drunk and need you, of all people, to accept Scottish independence as a possibility. Fucking Brexit and shit, Scotland voted to stay! 56 MPs! Independence is the way forward.

I do accept it, that doesn't mean I stopped working for it - I always will because I know it's the way forward, just like a left-wing government is for the United States. The problem is that Democrats failed to inspire or reach vast tracts of the American population screwed over by neoliberalism and globalisation and now they've swung rightwards and elected Trump, just like the same demographics in England and Wales swung to UKIP and Brexit. The worst thing Democrats can do right now is turn against Trump supporters in places like Michigan and Pennsylvania rather than trying to understand why they failed to reach a demographic that should have been theirs, or inspire enough of the demographics that did support them to actually get out and vote. I said months ago Hilary was not the answer, people needed real change.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 03:54:39 am by Owlbread »

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10595 on: November 09, 2016, 03:53:44 am »

I'm pissed beyond all human comprehension, but you guys are just being pathetic about this.

There are three components to the US government, and Trump only controls one, while the republicans do control one of the others, they have a vested interest in not doing shit that causes the entire nation to explode (they don't care about the people who fall through the cracks tho'.)  Trump cannot actually wreck the US or anyone else on his own, he NEEDS the House to back him or he can't do shit except write those lovely executive orders that can't actually change anything.

Stop whining.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10596 on: November 09, 2016, 03:54:03 am »

Holy shit, just googled up election results. 
These 4 years are gonna be something alright. 

The question that must be smoldering in everyone's minds:  Will Murrica be great again?
nope.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10597 on: November 09, 2016, 03:55:30 am »

I expect spectacular self destruction.

So, great the way a fireworks show is.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10598 on: November 09, 2016, 03:58:24 am »

It's done? Thank fuck, now everyone can finally shut the fuck up about this goddamn election and talk about something else. Let Trump fade out of the public eye just like Obama did after he got elected in '08.

I mean sure it sucks ass that America still retains enough of a well of hatred to want to elect the guy purely for the sake of electing an outsider from the apparent viper's nest that Washington became in the last 10 years, but now everyone can actually go back to worrying about their own lives and not feeding into a gigantic reality tv-style media shitstorm 24/7/365. If the North American continent ends up being consumed in atomic hellfire, well, that's Dump's problem now.

Yeezus fuckity.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10599 on: November 09, 2016, 03:58:45 am »

Gonna be less condescending about this now since I'm now seeing exactly how upset people are and I am also realizing I was being a bit of a dick -- but I really think things will be okay. I can't say that things won't be negative, but I'm fairly confident that the level of turmoil some expect will not come to be, and though I do not know if violence against minorities will increase or if so how much, I am at least confident that we will not have a kristallnacht level kind of thing.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 04:09:44 am by Powder Miner »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10600 on: November 09, 2016, 04:01:07 am »

The power held by the GOP this election is unprecedented.

house, senate, presidency, and soon the supreme court.

Expect very big reversals on progressive centerpieces.

Erkki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10601 on: November 09, 2016, 04:01:51 am »

I thought Hillary was supposed to win easily... If one believed media?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #10602 on: November 09, 2016, 04:02:14 am »

Probably. Here's hoping the more Paul Ryan-ite Republicans keep ultimate hold of comgress

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10603 on: November 09, 2016, 04:03:46 am »

It's done? Thank fuck, now everyone can finally shut the fuck up about this goddamn election and talk about something else. Let Trump fade out of the public eye just like Obama did after he got elected in '08.

I mean sure it sucks ass that America still retains enough of a well of hatred to want to elect the guy purely for the sake of electing an outsider from the apparent viper's nest that Washington became in the last 10 years, but now everyone can actually go back to worrying about their own lives and not feeding into a gigantic reality tv-style media shitstorm 24/7/365. If the North American continent ends up being consumed in atomic hellfire, well, that's Dump's problem now.

Yeezus fuckity.

The great political shitstorm of our time has probably just begun.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10604 on: November 09, 2016, 04:04:10 am »

No, Hillary barely stood a chance, she completely failed to approach her campaign in a way that would have neutralized Trump's impetus.  I said it before, I'll say it again:  Hate is a more effective motivator than altruism.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 [707] 708 709 ... 1249