Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388670 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #5985 on: October 07, 2016, 09:23:14 pm »

I can forecast the spin: "That was more than a decade ago. Can you remember what you were doing a decade ago? I bet you were making more money, you had better prospects, that was before Obama sent our jobs to China."

Jesus, this is what people are complaining about Hillary for? "And I am not taking a position on any policy, but I do think there is a growing sense of anxiety and even anger in the country over the feeling that the game is rigged." That's foreshadowing Trump, certainly, but not objectionable. The Public/private statement is definitely not saintly, but she herself points out that you won't get anything done if you don't keep your cards close to your vest. And criticism from the Trump crowd on that front is approaching satire.

"*CLINTON TALKS ABOUT HOLDING WALL STREET ACCOUNTABLE ONLY FOR POLITICAL REASONS*" While talking directly to bankers. Do you expect her to whip out some handcuffs and arrest them right there?

There's a couple issues like that. Do you think she got huge speaking fees by going to corporate retreats and calling them imperialist bourgeois ticks on the working man's back?

"*CLINTON IS MORE FAVORABLE TO CANADIAN HEALTH CARE AND SINGLE PAYER*" YAY! This has successfully made me like Clinton more!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: October 07, 2016, 09:25:48 pm »

Nobody seems to care about the transcripts.  Who are you people?  What are you trying to pull?  Where's Redking?
Are you feeling alright, maniac? You seem rather perturbed.

I suppose it's good to see that Secretary Clinton cares about growing America's economy, but that's a fairly basic thing. The kids at Wikileaks show a lot of stuff, but like most of it this is totally innocuous. The real worry is that she won't invest government dollars in our growing clean coal and LNG markets so we can keep our global edge over China. She's probably worried about the taxes, but I'm sure we can find a bloated department like NASA to get the funding from without harming our job creators.

NASA ain't bloated..... Whether it could use some reorganization is another matter entirely.

Yeah yeah trumpster fire...  :'(

Why are you sad about that?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: October 07, 2016, 09:29:20 pm »

This is really starting to blow up now. Paul Ryan just uninvited Trump to one of his campaign events, and there are so many Republicans denouncing him that it may well be a who's who of the upper party leadership.

It's almost as if they all woke up, realized that their plane was on fire, and pulled the eject lever, all at once.

From that article: "One House Republican lawmaker, speaking anonymously in order to candidly discuss his party's nominee, said of Trump, "He's going to be radioactive soon.""

I thought he was already politically radioactive? Though this would probably be the political equivalent of a reactor meltdown.

The Public/private statement is definitely not saintly, but she herself points out that you won't get anything done if you don't keep your cards close to your vest. And criticism from the Trump crowd on that front is approaching satire.

That sounded like normal politics. You can have your own personal opinion for example...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 09:31:57 pm by smjjames »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: October 07, 2016, 09:29:33 pm »

About the only thing that the Republicans would probably make hay out of are the stuff about mobile devices. If this is the leak that is supposed to 'destroy' Clinton, it looks extremely tame. At least in comparison to the stuff that is coming out of Trumps closet, which has an army of skeletons rattling about evidently.

Trump doesn't so much have skeletons in his closet as a bunch of cultists in dark robes ritually sacrificing babies to his ego in order to give it the power it needs not to collapse into a Kugelblitz.

I feel like my next work cycle with all the Trump supporters is going to be fun.

"*CLINTON IS MORE FAVORABLE TO CANADIAN HEALTH CARE AND SINGLE PAYER*" YAY! This has successfully made me like Clinton more!
Republicans believe Canadian Healthcare is a awful bureaucratic hellhole where you get a doctor with a fake degree 9 times out of 10, death panels execute your grandmother, and they give you vaccinations.

All of which is horrible, if you're stupid enough to believe in vaccinations.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: October 07, 2016, 09:29:51 pm »

God dammit!  I was going to tell you to feel that!  Why the hell are you doing this to me?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: October 07, 2016, 09:35:16 pm »

Sorry mainiac, you'll need to get your nightly dose of salt somewhere else =P

As per RedKing's observations above, no-one in the GOP has actually withdrawn support from Trump yet. They're denouncing him in no uncertain terms, but they're still gonna vote for him. The Onion be damned; Jezebel's headline has it in one: Donald Trump Is 'Vile' and 'Disturbing,' Says GOP In Show of Support
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: October 07, 2016, 09:35:46 pm »

Happy October Surprise!

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: October 07, 2016, 09:37:29 pm »

NASA ain't bloated..... Whether it could use some reorganization is another matter entirely.
NASA is the biggest waste of money the taxpayer has ever suffered thanks to the US government's financial responsibility. Oooh, we went to the moon! It's just a rock genius, you can't learn anything from it. Think of how much nonsense we suffered in Vietnam and the Cold War because those billions of dollars were going to eggheads instead of the twin forces of American industry and arms. Even today, NASA partners with hacks like Elon Musk to burn the money we work hard for.

Like, hello, we've got problems here on Earth to solve before indulging in this nonsense.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: October 07, 2016, 09:40:51 pm »

I thought that map said "Downstage New York" and that it was some sort of broadway dig which I'm too straight to understand.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: October 07, 2016, 09:42:37 pm »

The problem with the causal link between NASA and wasting money is that the "problems on Earth" that would be solved by getting rid of NASA are the "problems" of not having enough tanks, warplanes and nukes.

Whereas the space program creates technologies with more widespread uses than the other things the government spends it on.

NASA went to the moon, there's the specific science that came out of that, but also the huge amount of research that was then applied to actual life. Maybe we could have been less "wasteful" by directly applying that money to feeding and clothing the world. But if we always took the "immediate needs" approach to life, we'd still be living in caves.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 09:48:34 pm by Reelya »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: October 07, 2016, 09:44:34 pm »

That's because we don't have enough tanks, warplanes, or nukes. The limp-wrists like Carter that controlled US policy for years took us from the world's superpower to a country that bows to Chinese and Saudi interests. If we can't fight a three-front war we're not fulfilling our role as the greatest nation in the world.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: October 07, 2016, 09:44:58 pm »

Some more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/john-podesta-wikileaks-hacked-emails-229304

Seems to be primarily banter between staffers though rather than stuff Clinton said.

That's because we don't have enough tanks, warplanes, or nukes. The limp-wrists like Carter that controlled US policy for years took us from the world's superpower to a country that bows to Chinese and Saudi interests. If we can't fight a three-front war we're not fulfilling our role as the greatest nation in the world.

Ya being salty tonight? You've never seemed like that much of a warhawk.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: October 07, 2016, 09:46:52 pm »

The problem with the causal link between NASA and wasting money is that the "problems on Earth" that would be solved by getting rid of NASA are the "problems" of not having enough tanks, warplanes and nukes.

Whereas the space program creates technologies with more widespread uses than the other things the government spends it on.

NASA went to the moon, there's the specific science that came out of that, but also the huge amount of research that was then applied to actual life. Maybe we could have been less "wasteful" by directly applying that money to feeding and clothing the world. But if we always took the "immediate needs" approach to life, we'd still be living in caves.

In my view anything that flies over our heads that high is too dangerous and doesn't deserve funding. It's certainly no joke, I'm not sure why some people just don't get it.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: October 07, 2016, 09:48:05 pm »

One problem I think with the "big research project is a waste of money" argument, is that it's a problem of infinite regression.

Inventing cars was a waste, when we could have applied the costs to making sure the poor all had their own horse and buggies.

This internet thing? Complete waste of all that money when there are still people who can't read out there.

Books? You can't eat books, and look how much money is wasted on printing them.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 09:49:57 pm by Reelya »

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: October 07, 2016, 09:49:32 pm »

Spoiler: The Only Accurate Map. (click to show/hide)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 1249