Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388733 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #6015 on: October 07, 2016, 10:18:02 pm »

Alright I have to be real now, that was like the hardest troll I've ever done, I'm literally wearing my NASA shirt with an original Apollo 11 landing day newspaper sitting inches away from me and I recant! I recant! I recant!

Now that we have my maniac cherry-flavored shenanigans put to the side:

A. 538 currently favors the Cubs as the winners of the World Series.

B. Even with this there is no way Donald Trump will be replaced as the nominee in October.

C. I'm not calling the October Surprise until at least November 3rd. Not this year.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: October 07, 2016, 10:19:01 pm »

Why not have multiple in October?
It's not called the October Surprises, smj. No plural. One Surprise. Mind you they may change that by the end of this campaign cycle, but for now we get one surprise and a bunch of other things. Surpriselets, maybe. Surprisenel? I'm sure something will get worked out.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 10:21:08 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: October 07, 2016, 10:25:09 pm »

So if Republicans do start abandoning Trump en masse, can we call that Trexit?

EDIT: Rep. Jason Chaffetz has become the first Congressional Republican to withdraw his support for Trump.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 10:28:46 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: October 07, 2016, 10:29:27 pm »

Dunno about en masse, but we're actually seeing endorsements withdrawn. Also fun times, ryan seems to have told trump to sod off vis a vis the joint appearance they had coming up. I have to wonder if something like this has happened to a presidential candidate before, ha.

E: Also jeeze, has anyone else seen the initial response from trump? "I'm sorry if anyone was offended." Fun fact: That could literally get you a failing grade in an introductory business course. How to properly construct an apology is something they teach freshmen, and that's a primary example of what not to do :V

And by that I mean I'm pretty sure I've seen those exact words in a textbook, labeled explicitly as a mistake, ahaha.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 10:41:01 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: October 07, 2016, 10:35:49 pm »

Utah Gov. Gary Herbert has also pulled his support.

Oh, and Corey Lewandowski said, "We're not electing a Sunday school teacher here." Guess he's angling to get his job back.
Besides, Corey knows you don't grab 'em in the pussy...you shove 'em to the ground.

Ivanka says "My dad is not a groper." (And I assume, followed up with "He's more of a fondler. He's always very gentle with me.")
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 10:39:08 pm by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6020 on: October 07, 2016, 10:41:38 pm »

Alright I have to be real now, that was like the hardest troll I've ever done, I'm literally wearing my NASA shirt with an original Apollo 11 landing day newspaper sitting inches away from me and I recant! I recant! I recant!

Now that we have my maniac cherry-flavored shenanigans put to the side:

A. 538 currently favors the Cubs as the winners of the World Series.

B. Even with this there is no way Donald Trump will be replaced as the nominee in October.

C. I'm not calling the October Surprise until at least November 3rd. Not this year.

Lol.

I did call you out when you were being more warhawky than I know you are.

For B, Yeah, it's too late to do so and the best they'd be able to do is to put Pence at the top, with some mystery person as VP. Plus, do they even have time to do it?

Dunno about en masse, but we're actually seeing endorsements withdrawn. Also fun times, ryan seems to have told trump to sod off vis a vis the joint appearance they had coming up. I have to wonder if something like this has happened to a presidential candidate before, ha.

E: Also jeeze, has anyone else seen the initial response from trump? "I'm sorry if anyone was offended." Fun fact: That could literally get you a failing grade in an introductory business course. How to properly construct an apology is something they teach freshmen, and that's a primary example of what not to do :V

And by that I mean I'm pretty sure I've seen those exact words in a textbook, labeled explicitly as a mistake, ahaha.

Just out of curiosity, what is the proper way to construct an apology that they teach freshmen in such a course? He also tried to pawn it off onto Bill Clinton saying basically 'So what? Bill says the same stuff too! Worse even!'

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: October 07, 2016, 10:45:15 pm »

I actually forget the exact steps, but there's a four or five point list of what should and shouldn't be involved. Some of them, though, includes explicitly admitting fault, not trying to deflect culpability, and stating how you're going to correct things (reparations, corrected behavior going forward, etc.), plus I want to say one or two other things. You can see the official response floating around somewhere. Want to guess how many of those three mentioned are in it?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 10:46:49 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: October 07, 2016, 10:48:22 pm »

Just came back from looking at r/the_donald, barely a peep about Grab-Her-Right-In-The-Gate and an entire page of posts about the wikileaks document. Not all that surprising.
I did call you out when you were being more warhawky than I know you are.
How anyone could have pierced the veil of jingoistic nationalism I've surrounded myself with is beyond me.
For B, Yeah, it's too late to do so and the best they'd be able to do is to put Pence at the top, with some mystery person as VP. Plus, do they even have time to do it?
They could technically do it in a day, all the RNC has to do to make it official is retract their nomination and assign it somewhere else. Of course, there is about a 0.10% chance that Trump wouldn't respond to that by running indie and fucking them even worse.
Just out of curiosity, what is the proper way to construct an apology that they teach freshmen in such a course?

"I was a different person back then, and was immersed in a culture where those kind of comments were perceived as normal. As I adjusted to Trump being a household name I realized that kind of thinking was wrong, and I've already made amends with those I hurt in those days. Everybody does and says things they regret in life, but I guarantee you Hillary Clinton's actions towards others are far worse, and she's proud of those crimes. I may have gotten overheard speaking casually, but she goes on national television and degenerates good Americans. That's not what we need in a leader."
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 10:49:55 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: October 07, 2016, 10:50:34 pm »

I actually forget the exact steps, but there's a four or five point list. Some of them, though, includes explicitly admitting fault, not trying to deflect culpability, and stating how you're going to correct things (reparations, corrected behavior going forward, etc.), plus I want to say one or two other things. You can see the official response floating around somewhere. Want to guess how many of those three mentioned are in it?

Basically owning up to it, and yeah, I'll take my guess and apply a zero. He tried to pin it on Bill saying 'He does it too!', and neither of the other two are present.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: October 07, 2016, 10:56:07 pm »

Yeah. The given "apology" is actually an explicit violation of the second, being an attempt to push responsibility for the problem onto others. Making the problem out as not being the offense given but rather the offense taken by others. You'd be more or less expressing the same sentiment if you said something along the lines of, "I'm sorry you're all oversensitive little shits."
Ask not!
Ask!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: October 07, 2016, 10:57:20 pm »

What the hell.
Spoiler: Best Map is Best (click to show/hide)
I forgot about Louisiana... JUST LIKE THE GOVERNMENT DID!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: October 07, 2016, 11:16:24 pm »

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: October 07, 2016, 11:17:35 pm »

Fargo is in North Dakota actually.  ;D
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: October 07, 2016, 11:24:34 pm »

Always a point of contention. North Dakota should hand it over to maintain purity of nothingness.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: October 07, 2016, 11:28:47 pm »

No, north dakota is that place with the giant presidential rock heads
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 1249