Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1388728 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #5970 on: October 07, 2016, 08:36:40 pm »

THE END TIMES IS NIGH! THE END TIMES IS....

...rather underwhelming. Huh. I was expecting devastating revelations, and got speech excerpts from a career moderate instead. Link here, for people who want to read 'em. I just gave it a quick skim and there's not a lot there.

Yeah, nothing actually damning, so far.

"she admits she's out of touch" Knowing and admitting you have a problem is the first step towards fixing it, right?

"*CLINTON TALKS ABOUT HOLDING WALL STREET ACCOUNTABLE ONLY FOR POLITICAL REASONS*" I didn't get what she was saying in this segment...

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: October 07, 2016, 08:37:37 pm »

Everyone's a fucking critic. Fine, you do it then.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: My attempt (click to show/hide)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5972 on: October 07, 2016, 08:42:42 pm »

Would you be happier with 'reality has a reactionary alt-right bias', Loud?
No I'd be melancholy
I think you missed my point

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: October 07, 2016, 08:43:38 pm »

Ironically, out of about 10 states California was the one that tried the hardest to poison a friend with Celiac's.

And careful with that commentary, you do NOT want to get on the bad side of the descendants of the Upper Peninsula War. There's still a couple murders every year about it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: October 07, 2016, 08:44:05 pm »

About the only thing that the Republicans would probably make hay out of are the stuff about mobile devices. If this is the leak that is supposed to 'destroy' Clinton, it looks extremely tame. At least in comparison to the stuff that is coming out of Trumps closet, which has an army of skeletons rattling about evidently.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: October 07, 2016, 08:48:19 pm »

well now...

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/07/497087141/donald-trump-caught-on-tape-making-vulgar-remarks-about-women

vulgar:

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: October 07, 2016, 09:02:25 pm »

Already been posted, though a CNN link, not NPR. One wonders how things might have turned out if this got leaked during the primaries.

Trumps team are huddling over this and seeing about how to respond, but I don't see a way out of this for them.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/mark-kirk-donald-trump-comments-women-229328 I wonder if we'll see Trump forced out from the top of the ticket. Who replaces him though, I have no idea, Pence? Though I guess that seems like the obvious thing.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: October 07, 2016, 09:05:55 pm »

Nobody seems to care about the transcripts.  Who are you people?  What are you trying to pull?  Where's Redking?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: October 07, 2016, 09:11:51 pm »

Nobody seems to care about the transcripts.  Who are you people?  What are you trying to pull?  Where's Redking?

These: https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/927 ? Unless there's more that I haven't seen.

If it was still the primaries, I'd care more about the Wall Street stuff, but that isn't going to make me want to vote Trump.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: October 07, 2016, 09:12:41 pm »

"*CLINTON TALKS ABOUT HOLDING WALL STREET ACCOUNTABLE ONLY FOR POLITICAL REASONS*" I didn't get what she was saying in this segment...
As far as I can tell, she says "Yeah, people were really mad at the banks for causing the crisis, which we here know [she's talking to bankers, remember] was more complex than that. A lot of the really nasty backlash could probably have been avoided if both the gov't and wall street had been more open and honest with the general public about what was happening and how we were working to fix it." So, a bit of sympathy for the crowd she's being paid to talk to, but not directly letting them off the hook either, and a call for more transparency.

Honestly, these excerpts might've actually raised my opinion of Hols a little; I'll admit I was half-expecting something at least a little worse. I should probably formally apologize to mainiac for doubting his lady love =P
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5980 on: October 07, 2016, 09:13:44 pm »

Are you feeling alright, maniac? You seem rather perturbed.

I suppose it's good to see that Secretary Clinton cares about growing America's economy, but that's a fairly basic thing. The kids at Wikileaks show a lot of stuff, but like most of it this is totally innocuous. The real worry is that she won't invest government dollars in our growing clean coal and LNG markets so we can keep our global edge over China. She's probably worried about the taxes, but I'm sure we can find a bloated department like NASA to get the funding from without harming our job creators.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: October 07, 2016, 09:14:47 pm »

How dare you, my interpretation of True Carolina is every bit as factual.
Cackalacky fist-bump.

I'm inclined to think that the Trump stuff will have longer legs than the speeches.
And they're the best legs. I mean, just, whoa.

You know, the best part for me about "Grab Them By The Pussy-Gate" is the monumental display of cognitive dissonance coming out of his surrogates and supporters as their brains go "OMG do I support this? Do I denounce it? Can I do both? A suppnouncement?"

New Hampshire Sen. Kelly Ayotte, another Republican at risk of losing her seat, said Trump's past comments were "totally inappropriate and offensive" but that she wasn't rescinding her support.
Oh Kelly, Kelly, Kelly.....there's still a month to go and this will be in an attack ad on you in about T-minus 3, 2, 1....

One of Trump’s most prominent social-conservative supporters, Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council, told BuzzFeed’s Rosie Gray: “My personal support for Donald Trump has never been based upon shared values.”
Wow. "I have nothing whatsoever in common with this man. Which is why you should vote for him."

Trump’s running mate, Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, was at a diner in Toledo when the news broke — about to view the diner’s collection of signed cardboard hot-dog buns, which includes one signed by Trump. But the reporters traveling with Pence were quickly ushered out of the diner by campaign staff, before they could ask Trump’s running mate about it, according to Politico. Politico reported that the journalists, traveling in Pence’s “protective pool,” were not permitted to film Pence as he left the diner.

Oh, what I wouldn't give to have seen Pence's face when this broke.

@mainiac: Sorry man, I'm too busy enjoying this fine vintage Schadenfreude. It's brewed with the hand-collected tears of Republicans and dashed hopes. Tastes like....victory.
Wall Street speeches have a hard time competing with "I moved on her like a bitch". (What does that even mean, anyways? Was Trump calling himself a bitch?)

And what smjjames said. Something something corporate shill, something something puppet of the banks, but holy fuck look at the assorted dumpster fires she's contending with. *I* could be elected President against these mooks, and I'd be a terrible President.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: October 07, 2016, 09:18:26 pm »

Everyone's a fucking critic. Fine, you do it then.

Spoiler: My attempt (click to show/hide)
Downstate New York is now my new favorite phrase. It's perfect: manages to be both simultaneously dismissive and self-important. This is now how I'll make fun of our regional rivals.

well now...

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/07/497087141/donald-trump-caught-on-tape-making-vulgar-remarks-about-women

vulgar:
Honestly at this point I admit I'm so jaded that this sounds like everything else he's said.

But apparently everyone else is freaked the fuck out, so maybe we'll see some real discussion. I'm genuinely surprised at the extent to which the political world has been dumbfounded by this. I think we can say that this, at least, is something that would for many candidates be a dealbreaker. Probably isn't here, but the sheer breadth and depth of the outrage suprises me.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 09:20:34 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5983 on: October 07, 2016, 09:20:24 pm »

This is really starting to blow up now. Paul Ryan just uninvited Trump to one of his campaign events, and there are so many Republicans denouncing him that it may well be a who's who of the upper party leadership.

It's almost as if they all woke up, realized that their plane was on fire, and pulled the eject lever, all at once.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: October 07, 2016, 09:21:48 pm »

Yeah yeah trumpster fire...  :'(
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 1249