Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1389553 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #5520 on: October 03, 2016, 10:02:20 am »

Anyone plans on watching the VP debate? I still can't believe organizing this doesn't count as cruel and unusual punishment for Pence.

Why do you think it's cruel and unusual punishment for Pence? Besides having to put up with attacks from the other side, but then, he's a loyal GOP soldier, so, he knows that's coming anyway.

Anyway, apparently it's at 4pm EST (1pm PST here), so probably not, may be able to watch the end of it or something and I'll get the highlights later.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5521 on: October 03, 2016, 10:04:24 am »

Yeah, neither Pence nor Kaine are known quantities on their ability to keep cool and debate. If we're lucky, this may actually be a refreshing bout of honesty in this election cycle.

Ahhhhh who am I kidding. Pence has to defend Donald Trump, it'll be a sideshow like all the rest.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5522 on: October 03, 2016, 10:07:27 am »

Yeah, neither Pence nor Kaine are known quantities on their ability to keep cool and debate. If we're lucky, this may actually be a refreshing bout of honesty in this election cycle.

Ahhhhh who am I kidding. Pence has to defend Donald Trump, it'll be a sideshow like all the rest.

Both have had plenty of experience debating though, from their time in Congress and as Governors. It'll probably be relatively civilized.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5523 on: October 03, 2016, 10:32:21 am »

Well, consider....

How civilized can you be when your running mate has hourly bouts of verbal diarrhea that you have to explain away...

And two, how civilized can you be when your job is to tear that shit down? Treating Trump's viewpoints via his VP as reasonable discourse is half of why we're here to begin with.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5524 on: October 03, 2016, 10:32:55 am »

The Veep debate is the comedy event of the year, I hope it'll be streamed so I can watch it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5525 on: October 03, 2016, 10:36:02 am »

Well, consider....

How civilized can you be when your running mate has hourly bouts of verbal diarrhea that you have to explain away...

And two, how civilized can you be when your job is to tear that shit down? Treating Trump's viewpoints via his VP as reasonable discourse is half of why we're here to begin with.

I said relatively compared to the main one.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5526 on: October 03, 2016, 10:39:38 am »

Tim Kaine is a former missionary. That speaks a lot to his ability to maintain a soft temperament. Not quite as much as Pence being in the same room as trump without murdering the man but a lot.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5527 on: October 03, 2016, 10:56:15 am »

Because Pence is a relatively straightforward conservative, and he'll be forced to defend Trump's position.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5528 on: October 03, 2016, 11:02:38 am »

Now the debate is at 9pm? CNN needs to get the time accurate in their commercials :P

Since it's actually later, I probably will watch it.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5529 on: October 03, 2016, 11:03:35 am »

I expect to hear a lot of "We don't necessarily agree on everything, that's why you should vote Republican, because we're a big tent party with both kinds of ideologies -- right-wing *and* alt-right".

I feel like Pence won't defend Trump so much as punt that shit out of the stadium.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5531 on: October 03, 2016, 11:06:48 am »

It'll certainly be interesting to see him try to explain away Trump's faults and problems.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5532 on: October 03, 2016, 11:10:47 am »

And they have both kinds of music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSZfUnCK5qk
That would be the intended reference, yes.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5533 on: October 03, 2016, 11:12:34 am »

Can he explain that away? He's arguably worse than Trump, since he seems to be a Young Earth Creationist and Intelligent Design advocate.

And they have both kinds of music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSZfUnCK5qk
That would be the intended reference, yes.

IDK, have younger people these days even seen that movie? I'm doing a second degree and people in my course hardly know anything more than a few years ago unless it's something like Star Wars or something.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 11:14:38 am by Reelya »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5534 on: October 03, 2016, 11:15:53 am »

That doesn't make him worse than Trump. YECs (let's be real here, ID is a smokescreen project) are a dime a dozen and utterly defeated in the legal arena. Their cultural power is quite a bit higher, but they have nowhere to strongly interject into politics other than repeating the line of the secular war to oppress Christians.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 367 368 [369] 370 371 ... 1249