Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1389476 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #5535 on: October 03, 2016, 11:16:09 am »

And they have both kinds of music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSZfUnCK5qk
That would be the intended reference, yes.

Can someone transcript that? Youtube captions aren't even available for some stupid reason.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: October 03, 2016, 11:19:18 am »

Blues Guy: "What kind of music do you usually have here?"
Barmaid: "Oh! We have both kinds! Country and Western"

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: October 03, 2016, 11:57:06 am »

It'll certainly be interesting to see him try to explain away Trump's faults and problems.

I think his worse problem is going to be the embarrassment of putting a rational spin on Trumps statement only to have Trump contradict him within a day or 2.

"What Trump's really trying to say..."
"No I'm not. I actually, literally meant..." 

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: October 03, 2016, 02:31:38 pm »

I feel like Pence won't defend Trump so much as punt that shit out of the stadium.

I think Pence will talk about nothing but Clinton, Kaine will talk about nothing but Trump.  Which should be an advantage for Kaine because he will be happy to cheerlead for Clinton while Pence will not be happy to cheerlead for Trump.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: October 03, 2016, 02:38:31 pm »

So drinking game?

Anyone mention Trump: Wet your lips.

Pence says "I do not support that" when talking about something Trump said: Take a sip.

Anyone mention one of the candidate dying: Take a sip.

Pence quit the race crying: Bottom up

Kaine is refused access to the debate because no one knows who he is: Bottom up.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: October 03, 2016, 02:45:35 pm »

... how much if a Nod flag unrolls in the background?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: October 03, 2016, 02:47:16 pm »

Anyone mention Trump: Wet your lips.

And everyone dies of alcohol poisoning?
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

wobbly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: October 03, 2016, 02:51:42 pm »

... how much if a Nod flag unrolls in the background?

That's the signal to skull up & start killing everyone in sight. The rest will sort it self out after the blood-haze vanishes.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: October 03, 2016, 03:34:54 pm »

FiveThirtyEight has a generic ballot poll trendline up.  It's in the Senate section but it's actually tracking house polls.  I find it interesting to compare to the Clinton-Trump matchup.  When news is good for Clinton (such as now or the height of the convention bump) her numbers match the generic democrat.  When news is bad, she slips a bit behind a congressional democrat.  Two weeks ago she was two points behind a generic democrat.

Trump on the other hand used to have a huge gap with a generic republican when news was bad for him.  In mid august he was 4.5% behind a generic republican.  But right now he is in the middle of probably the worst news cycle for him yet and he is only 0.8% behind a generic republican.  I think something has changed and I think that something is republican voters.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: October 03, 2016, 04:13:07 pm »

FiveThirtyEight has a generic ballot poll trendline up.  It's in the Senate section but it's actually tracking house polls.  I find it interesting to compare to the Clinton-Trump matchup.  When news is good for Clinton (such as now or the height of the convention bump) her numbers match the generic democrat.  When news is bad, she slips a bit behind a congressional democrat.  Two weeks ago she was two points behind a generic democrat.

Trump on the other hand used to have a huge gap with a generic republican when news was bad for him.  In mid august he was 4.5% behind a generic republican.  But right now he is in the middle of probably the worst news cycle for him yet and he is only 0.8% behind a generic republican.  I think something has changed and I think that something is republican voters.

Like the average conservative voter has finally decided that nothing else he does before November can sway their opinions away from him?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: October 03, 2016, 04:18:32 pm »

That is one possibility.  Another is that anyone who flees Trump is also fleeing down ticket republicans too.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: October 03, 2016, 04:19:20 pm »

I have nothing you could call respect for Reagan, when prompted with a microphone I deadpanned that I was surprised to hear he died, as I thought he was a cyborg, and that his greatest accomplishment was breaking Russia.

Trump is so toxic, Reagan's family and VP are either supporting Hillary outright or not voting for Trump at minimum.

In other news, Trump has the best charities, the most legally biggest best ones!

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: October 03, 2016, 04:38:11 pm »

That could actually be a big blow for Trump because the last month before the election would probably be a great time for his efforts to funnel political money into his personal wealth.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: October 03, 2016, 04:49:19 pm »

So I was correct the other day when I stated that Trump had more negative down-ballot effect than Clinton?  8) 8)

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: October 03, 2016, 04:54:54 pm »

One possible interpretation.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 1249