Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1389685 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #5505 on: October 02, 2016, 07:17:15 pm »

Wouldn't double jeopardy technically prevent that?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: October 02, 2016, 07:20:08 pm »

There's no very obvious solution for "JILL STEIN GONNA BE PRESIDENT"

Two economists are on a ship which sinks and they wash up on a sandy island.  They find a crate full of canned food on the island.  They sit around wondering how to get at the food.  Finally one of them comes up with a plan.
"Okay assume for a moment that we have a can opener..."
Yes a remote scenario is remote.  You have to use the magic of ~imagination~, and also hope nobody takes the thought exercise too seriously.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: October 02, 2016, 07:34:14 pm »

Wouldn't double jeopardy technically prevent that?

I dont see how it would apply.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #5508 on: October 02, 2016, 07:41:22 pm »

Has she been tried yet for that crime?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: October 02, 2016, 07:42:44 pm »

Well, the impeachment process functions as a sort-of-trial presided by Congress. It would be a little troublesome to legitimize the idea that impeachment permits selecting an already tried and convicted/acquitted crime from a President's past to get rid of them.

I mean, Obama admitted to the ganjia and Clinton didn't inhale (( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)), so it's kind of incongruent even without Bush's massive coke addiction.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 07:45:38 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: October 02, 2016, 08:40:17 pm »

I thought sergarr meant Clinton there, heh.

Has she been tried yet for that crime?

She'd probably at most spend the night in jail and pay a fine.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: October 02, 2016, 08:41:45 pm »

I have a solution, but it only applies in the case of spherical cans in a vacuum...

If literally everyone over the legal age died and Stein was the oldest person left and only one eligible, I'd bump her odds of winning up to 45% maybe.

Also, if NM does wind up screwing over the results, would you say the election had an Aleppobuquerque moment?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: October 03, 2016, 08:23:42 am »

The country as a whole will be left saying "I knew we should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque..."

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: October 03, 2016, 09:11:49 am »

Sometimes the candidates make things really easy on the SNL writers.

This isn't a new thing.

I don't recall SNL being able to get away with just a couple of lookalikes reading the transcript.

'Secretary Clinton, what do you think about this?'
"I think I'm gonna be president."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: October 03, 2016, 09:22:59 am »

Huh. Anyone else happen to have noticed this? Haven't checked how legit it is, yet, but if it's solid, eesh. The tl;dr is that trump('s company) appears to have had business with an iranian bank that ended up pegged as being used to fund terrorists.

I think what'd be pretty amusing is if it turns out the bank didn't have an exemption from the trade embargo at the time. Maybe the guy thought there was some kind of contest to see how many embargo violations someone could rack up. but it's only two so far, you say! No one except trump said trump was good at it.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: October 03, 2016, 09:28:30 am »

Huh. Anyone else happen to have noticed this? Haven't checked how legit it is, yet, but if it's solid, eesh. The tl;dr is that trump('s company) appears to have had business with an iranian bank that ended up pegged as being used to fund terrorists.

I think what'd be pretty amusing is if it turns out the bank didn't have an exemption from the trade embargo at the time. Maybe the guy thought there was some kind of contest to see how many embargo violations someone could rack up. but it's only two so far, you say! No one except trump said trump was good at it.
So, could we sue Trump for having some sort of vague ties to Iran in a period when it was under sanctions for terrorist activity thanks to JASTA?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: October 03, 2016, 09:36:12 am »

I'm gonna give him a bit of the benefit of the doubt on this one until we know more about his culpability and the exact situation going on there. It just seems like that particular situation may be more complex than the article lets on. The article does state that it may have been legally difficult to evict the bank as a tenant, but Trump seems to love suing people, so, it doesn't seem like that would stop him.

It's pretty obvious that his morals are the same as the sterotypical 'evil/greedy corporate CEO that only cares about his bottom line'.

So, could we sue Trump for having some sort of vague ties to Iran in a period when it was under sanctions for terrorist activity thanks to JASTA?

That seems incredibly runaround. Besides, there's already laws for breaking sanctions like that.

There's also supposed to be some sort of wikileaks 'bombshell' that is supposed to 'destroy' Clinton. Somehow, I doubt it'll make me, or any of us, want to vote Trump any more than we already are. Seems like this entire election is one long 'October Surprise' after another.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 09:39:42 am by smjjames »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: October 03, 2016, 09:42:03 am »

If we were to find out that the current Clinton was an android who replaced the original Hillary years ago, and Trump has an alien parasite controlling his mind, would everyone vote Johnson?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: October 03, 2016, 09:51:11 am »

... he's johnson, so no. Dude's pretty right-wing, not even remotely a central enough candidate to get broad-spectrum support if something happens to the current candidates.

What would probably happen is just the VPs stepping in and going at it. Either of them's probably more likely to manage a win than any of the third party critters.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: October 03, 2016, 09:53:50 am »

Anyone plans on watching the VP debate? I still can't believe organizing this doesn't count as cruel and unusual punishment for Pence.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 1249