Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1390148 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #5430 on: October 02, 2016, 12:54:36 pm »

And anybody trying that shit in Durham is going to get straight-up fucked up.
Considering the worrying frequency of murders in the human sacrifice category, yeah, I wouldn't trust the crustiest of out-of-town Trump fanatics to survive that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: October 02, 2016, 12:55:46 pm »

Another week like this, and I wonder if you'll seeing another wave of Republicans "uncommitting" from Trump. Party discipline is great and all, but when you see you the public face of the party riding that bomb all the way down, whooping and hollering like Slim Pickens, at some point you've got to make a run for it to save your own skin.

Considering the worrying frequency of murders in the human sacrifice category, yeah, I wouldn't trust the crustiest of out-of-town Trump fanatics to survive that.
Que?  ???

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: October 02, 2016, 12:56:55 pm »

I dont think they will uncommit in numbers unless his numbers plummet.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: October 02, 2016, 12:59:06 pm »

Que?  ???
Get ready to experience Fromage du Durham.
I dont think they will uncommit in numbers unless his numbers plummet.
...they are kinda plummeting right now.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: October 02, 2016, 01:00:11 pm »

...they are kinda plummeting right now.

They are bad but not bad enough that it's better to lose face by rejecting him then to stay silent.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: October 02, 2016, 01:01:34 pm »

Going by my estimation of the Bush years, that point comes at around 35%-30%, when you start digging into the ranks of the Always Republican group.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: October 02, 2016, 01:02:21 pm »

Also, http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-tax-records-new-york-times-229012 some are saying that the question is not so much that he evaded taxes, even if legally, but what the heck is behind the nearly billion dollar loss? There were a bunch of his bankrupcies in the 80's and 90's, so, it could plausibly be one of those. But still almost a billion dollars in one go? That's a question that needs answering.

Exhibit A: NYTimes released a story wherein they were sent (and authenticated) portions of Trump's 1995 tax returns, wherein he declared a $916 million operating loss, which may well have allowed him to avoid paying any taxes for the next 18 years. I have to think someone in the Clinton campaign knew this bombshell was about to drop, because they teed that shit up like gold in the debates.

Three of Clinton's attacks in the debates?
1) Trump isn't releasing his attacks because he's hiding something.
2) Maybe he's not as good at business as he says he is.
3) Maybe he's been avoiding paying taxes (which Trump added to by retorting that "that makes him smart").

This story would appear to confirm all three.

Yhose are also general theories that have been circulating for months now, she was just listing the rumors going around. Doesn't mean that someone in her campaign knew that this bombshell was about to drop.

Also, interestingly, the source is an anonymous source that appears to have come from the Trump Tower.

I'm wondering if there is an even bigger shoe (or another shoe in general) waiting to drop.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 01:04:40 pm by smjjames »

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: October 02, 2016, 01:04:51 pm »

Going by my estimation of the Bush years, that point comes at around 35%-30%, when you start digging into the ranks of the Always Republican group.

With the large number of undecided voters he was already there in some polls.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: October 02, 2016, 01:09:08 pm »

Que?  ???
Get ready to experience Fromage du Durham.
Meh...that was three years ago. Wouldn't classify it as "human sacrifice" so much as "the kind of bad shit that tends to happen when people try to leave nutty cults". Durham's a pretty chill city, but there are still definitely rough neighborhoods, and the African-American community there won't stand for a bunch of people coming in and trying to disrupt their voting.

I'm wondering if there is an even bigger shoe (or another shoe in general) waiting to drop.
Or maybe a tiny, tiny glove.  :P
Actually, has anybody tried putting OJ's glove on Trump? Maybe OJ really didn't do it!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: October 02, 2016, 01:17:00 pm »

Yeah, while the tax shenanigans might turn out to have been technically legal, there are very few things as well-calculated to piss off the broad majority of Americans than a rich bastard not paying taxes. If it had come a couple weeks from now ya could have called it the last nail.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: October 02, 2016, 01:28:25 pm »

Or maybe a tiny, tiny glove.  :P
Actually, has anybody tried putting OJ's glove on Trump? Maybe OJ really didn't do it!

So that's why he's defensive about his hands.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: October 02, 2016, 01:29:04 pm »

Yeaah that doesn't really lower my opinion of Durham.  Like Redking pointed out, it's 3 years old (and also not that far away from normal, except for the killing part).

Unironically, yes.  If Trump supporters try to ask black Durhamites for IDs, things will get violent.
While I've come around to thinking voter ID laws are unnecessary, that doesn't really make me proud of being Durham-born.  More reminds me why I left.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: October 02, 2016, 01:35:47 pm »

Yeaah that doesn't really lower my opinion of Durham.  Like Redking pointed out, it's 3 years old (and also not that far away from normal, except for the killing part).

Unironically, yes.  If Trump supporters try to ask black Durhamites for IDs, things will get violent.
While I've come around to thinking voter ID laws are unnecessary, that doesn't really make me proud of being Durham-born.  More reminds me why I left.

I hope, for Democracies sake, that there isn't any violence on election day. And no, I don't mean the few incidents that always happen (usually with liquor involved).

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: October 02, 2016, 01:50:54 pm »

In and of itself, a 21 year old tax report isn't the smoking gun. It confirms what people opposed to Trump already believe, and is well within the margin of age for him and supporters to dismiss it.

It IS an entry however in questioning what his current tax liabilities are. But Trump still has no real reason to release any information. At this point his refusal to do so has either made you for or against him. He's not going to earn anyone's trust by releasing them now, he can only damage himself further with his own supporters depending on what reality looks like.

The statements from the debate and since do seem to all nicely align now though. It's kind of sad in one way. Had all this really been out in the light, this election could have been about exactly the kind of privilege and corruption in the system that allows people like Trump to retain their wealth while honest people lose their asses every day. Instead, we're just watching a spectacle and saying how deplorable THAT is, rather than the situation behind the scenes that allows it to happen.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 1249