Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1392998 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically Insane
« Reply #3915 on: September 11, 2016, 01:11:04 pm »

Things are really starting to look bad for the Clinton campaign. First her remark about half of the Trump supporters, now this. Those debates better be a slam dunk for her; she can't afford to slip any further.
I'unno, I think she could slip a ways yet. She is running against trump.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: September 11, 2016, 01:14:15 pm »

Things are really starting to look bad for the Clinton campaign. First her remark about half of the Trump supporters, now this. Those debates better be a slam dunk for her; she can't afford to slip any further.
I'unno, I think she could slip a ways yet. She is running against trump.

Yes, but last I read on fivethirtyeight Johnson was taking more of her votes than Trump, so while she doesn't have to worry too much about voters going from her to Trump she does have to worry about two many getting drawn off to Johnson.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: September 11, 2016, 01:22:38 pm »

So apparently she got hot, went to visit her daughter at the daughters presumably air conditioned apartment for 45 minutes and then went back on the trail.  Well let's see if:

A) A few campaign reporters were mildly occupied for an hour
B) The press will treat this as the next Clinton foundation

My gut tells me A but my gut also tells me that the press wouldn't have been printing email stories if there wasn't anything to print so...

---------------

Unrelated:  I wonder if anyone in the Clinton campaign has floated the idea of Clinton asking her supporters in Utah to vote for Gary Johnson.  Most polls with three candidates show Clinton+Johnson running ahead of Trump.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 01:37:34 pm by mainiac »
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: September 11, 2016, 01:59:45 pm »

Hillary is down with some sort of health problem, possibly heat stroke. More information as it comes out and someone else posts it, because I'm far to lazy to chase up links.

She doesn't sweat, and it was a hot day there. The story here is "Hillary stayed in the heat for longer than was wise," possibly because she didn't want to be seen leaving early. Although what she was wearing didn't help. From personal experience, the less you have on and the thinner it is, the better, because the only way you can get rid of heat (besides artificially cooling yourself in some way) is to radiate it from your skin, and clothing acts as insulation, and black clothing is pretty much the worst because of how well it absorbs sunlight. However, she was probably wearing what she was wearing because of the nature of the event (it being about 9/11, so black clothing is the most culturally appropriate thing), so...

I don't know if she can tell if she's getting too hot before the effects of heat exhaustion etc hit her. Personally I start to feel like I'm itching all over, and by itching I mean it feels like mosquito bites, but I've never been able to find anything on the Internets to explain that, and my doctor was baffled too.

P.S. Advantages of this kind of condition include never getting sweaty palms.

P.P.S. This is exactly right: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/09/11/1568977/-Don-t-panic-Hillary-Clinton-just-doesn-t-sweat

P.P.P.S. Orange Wizard got banned? Oy vey.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 02:03:38 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: September 11, 2016, 02:16:52 pm »

So apparently she got hot, went to visit her daughter at the daughters presumably air conditioned apartment for 45 minutes and then went back on the trail.

You're leaving out the part where she had to be literally dragged into a car by several of her aides. Also the fact that she bailed in the middle of a 9/11 ceremony.

I feel a Trump presidency creeping ever closer...

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: September 11, 2016, 02:17:35 pm »

However, she was probably wearing what she was wearing because of the nature of the event (it being about 9/11, so black clothing is the most culturally appropriate thing), so...

I think she wears a kevlar vest everyday.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: September 11, 2016, 03:37:22 pm »

So apparently she got hot, went to visit her daughter at the daughters presumably air conditioned apartment for 45 minutes and then went back on the trail.

You're leaving out the part where she had to be literally dragged into a car by several of her aides. Also the fact that she bailed in the middle of a 9/11 ceremony.

That's exactly what happens during heat exhaustion. It's a real shitty experience and pretty easy to wander into unless one is extremely cognizant of it.

Not that it matters, because the media and Trump are going to make enough hay out of it to feed an entire herd of bullshit producing cows all the way until November 16th. Hopefully, the significance of this animal sacrifice won't be enough to give us 4 years of even shittier presidency than the better option.

Even the avatars expire eventually.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: September 11, 2016, 03:40:55 pm »

an entire herd of bullshit producing cows
This I'd like to see.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 06:50:08 pm by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: September 11, 2016, 03:51:04 pm »

Not that it matters, because the media and Trump are going to make enough hay out of it to feed an entire herd of bullshit producing cows all the way until November 16th. Hopefully, the significance of this animal sacrifice won't be enough to give us 4 years of even shittier presidency than the better option.

I think that was folly's point, this is a very easy thing to fall into Trump's lap.

I'm already looking forward to hearing what ridiculous things trump and his memeteams will say about this. I'll give it 1:6 odds on a "pigs also don't sweat" analogy, 1:3 on the classic robot, and 1:2 on a "I'll make her sweat"/"she should be sweating about now". Though I'm also holding out hope that the Clintonista counter-bullshit will be equally amusing (people who share the disorder baking out in the sun in solidarity, scores of people on twitter suddenly playing professor about this obscure condition they looked up on wikipedia, people sending her jars of their sweat to keep cool with, etc).

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American
« Reply #3924 on: September 11, 2016, 04:05:06 pm »

If there is any certainty, it will be people playing professor about something they don't know anything about. That's a given, like the free-space in a bingo card.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3925 on: September 11, 2016, 04:05:14 pm »

Was the 2000 election this bad, or am I just nostalgic? I vaugely remember it being a political travesty where Bush was a clearly flawed candidate and things went terribly wrong, but now I look back and I wonder what happened to those glory days when both parties had competent candidates.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: September 11, 2016, 04:14:32 pm »

At the very least Trump doesn't have a conservative majority SCOTUS willing to steal an election for him.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #3927 on: September 11, 2016, 04:24:24 pm »

It's bad to say, but the democratic party might be better off if Hillary dies. Not counting the sympathy vote, the mere fact that they can guiltlessly replace her with Bernie or Biden (or both) would lock the election down.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: September 11, 2016, 04:33:43 pm »

It's bad to say, but the democratic party might be better off if Hillary dies. Not counting the sympathy vote, the mere fact that they can guiltlessly replace her with Bernie or Biden (or both) would lock the election down.

It's bad that I agree with this assessment.

Also, Hilary has been diagnosed with pneumonia.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: September 11, 2016, 04:37:47 pm »

Not sure the dem party would actually end up better off if sanders was in office for four years, tbh. And biden's repeatedly said no. Maybe someone else would step up *shrugs*
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 1249