Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1392465 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #3000 on: August 17, 2016, 07:22:00 pm »

Another part of me suddenly finds that russian connection even more explicable than it previously was, after wondering about the above.

Wow... that's actually like a legit concern.  WTF has this world come to?
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: August 17, 2016, 07:29:43 pm »

Another part of me suddenly finds that russian connection even more explicable than it previously was, after wondering about the above.

Wow... that's actually like a legit concern.  WTF has this world come to?

They're apparently being careful with the information I guess, and it does cause concern.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: August 17, 2016, 07:46:58 pm »

An old trick is to give each person slightly different intel and see what leaks. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that for briefings such as these.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: August 17, 2016, 07:47:58 pm »

Trump's hearty support of Putin is yet another on the long list of things I hate about him, and a pretty major one, too: I despise pretty much everything that Putin has done. It actually gets me angry seeing Trump buddy up to the Russian govt like that, and seeing some Republicans follow his lead. God damn, if you want to advertise American freedom, if you want to portray yourselves as its defenders, you don't do it by by buddying up to a glorified dictator with political prisoners.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: August 17, 2016, 07:52:06 pm »

"Freedom" is protecting Christendom from degenerates and traitors with the fire of God's wrath.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: August 17, 2016, 08:03:55 pm »

An old trick is to give each person slightly different intel and see what leaks. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that for briefings such as these.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=159257.msg7121210;topicseen#msg7121210

(Conversation in second half of message.)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: August 17, 2016, 08:06:02 pm »

You mean like the secret US military base in Saudi Arabia Trump already spilled the existence of?
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: August 17, 2016, 08:16:12 pm »

Maybe he invented an imaginary secret base to trick the russians because he is secretly working for the CIA.
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: August 17, 2016, 08:23:59 pm »

Trump's hearty support of Putin is yet another on the long list of things I hate about him, and a pretty major one, too: I despise pretty much everything that Putin has done. It actually gets me angry seeing Trump buddy up to the Russian govt like that, and seeing some Republicans follow his lead. God damn, if you want to advertise American freedom, if you want to portray yourselves as its defenders, you don't do it by by buddying up to a glorified dictator with political prisoners.
Pshaw, sure you do.

Just as long as they believe in the free market. Why do you think it'a called free, after all? Cuz' it's American, obviously!

At least, that's what they like to believe patriotism means.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: August 17, 2016, 09:00:14 pm »

Looks like the democrats are gonna pick up a Senate seat in Indiana.  Liberal supreme court ho!  Social Justice and Safe Spaces for everyone.  Mandatory!
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: August 17, 2016, 09:09:39 pm »

Indefinite detention and domestic drone strikes, but at least we'll be able to execute people who use racial slurs. Progress!
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: August 17, 2016, 09:12:32 pm »

Indefinite detention and domestic drone strikes, but at least we'll be able to execute people who use racial slurs. Progress!
What do you mean at least?

All three of those changes are huge strides forward!

And if you disagree, I'll feed your address into my drone!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: August 17, 2016, 11:49:05 pm »

New (and by new, I mean every third-grader ever) tactic of Trump campaign when confronted with unfavorable information.

"SAYS WHO?"

I'll give Trump this, he seems to have uncorked the finest stash of douchebags known to man to staff his campaign. So many punchable faces, not enough fists.

EDIT: And this may be a foreshadowing of the new-look Trump campaign. Manafort was actually Trump's *moderating* influence, if that can be believed. When Manafort and major GOP players had an "intervention" last week to issue an ultimatum to tone that shit down, Trump's response appears to be to give them a big fuck you and demote Manafort and elevate some people who love his scorched earth campaign.

Expect to see more combative, outright denials of reality, increased vitriol, and rabble-rousing that will make the Sarah Palin rallies look like tea time on the McNeil-Lehrer Report.
Also expect to see the GOP pull the ripcord and desert Trump in droves, and funnel their money to down-ballot races.

My friends, we could be bearing witness to the final months of an American political party.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 12:08:40 am by RedKing »

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: August 18, 2016, 12:59:12 am »

I think the Republicans are far too entrenched in literally every single other area of government besides the presidential level for that for its death to be playsible any time soon.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: August 18, 2016, 01:16:13 am »

I think the Republicans are far too entrenched in literally every single other area of government besides the presidential level for that for its death to be playsible any time soon.
Yes, but just imagine the repercussions within the party at the state/local level if Trump gets steamrolled after the GOP party apparatus abandons him. (even if he was going to get steamrolled regardless)

The Tea Party "revolt" will seem like a happy memory by comparison. There will be primary challenges and split votes across the whole country, which will cripple them and potentially usher in a wave of Democrats.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 1249