Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 1249

Author Topic: Doc Helgoland's Asylum for the Politically American: T+0  (Read 1394886 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Ameripol\{RK, mainiac}
« Reply #2190 on: August 04, 2016, 02:38:19 pm »

^[Insert Presidents Lie Because Honesty Is Not Always The Best Policy Link Here]

gj it's the current year 10/10
Ahem, it's brEXIT, not brANTER.
Actually, this is the Ameripol thread, not Brexit thread.
Yeah, I know, that's why I was saying britbongs exit. :p

gj it's the current year 10/10
Ahem, it's brEXIT, not brANTER.
[snip]
Psst, I don't like Hillary either, and haven't even seen a joint since what, 2003?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: August 04, 2016, 02:40:46 pm »

Oh boy.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: August 04, 2016, 02:46:13 pm »

I will add though: one of the two candidates is less obviously destructive and detrimental, and less likely to fuck us over in the long run. It really is a giant douche/shit sandwich situation though.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2193 on: August 04, 2016, 02:47:05 pm »

Psst, I don't like Hillary either, and haven't even seen a joint since what, 2003?
Point still stands though, the military will screen you out for drug dependencies because that is a serious liability. You're not you when you're lite as fuck

• Having someone addicted to drugs is not going to be in peak physical health and can be manipulated easier, which is a severe security risk for someone in charge of nuclear weapons
  • Having someone duud weeding lmao whilst in charge of your nuclear weapons developing schizophrenia is a severe security risk, because they're not seeing reality anymore
  • Really, perception altering substances in general = verboten. You got an alcoholic in charge, get rid of them ASAP, and no drinking on duty at all cases
  • Memory issues. I think it would be hilarious to have someone in charge of nukes just forget certain vital pieces of information, but this is a bad idea
  • Sleepiness, lethargy, confusion, anxiety, not traits you want in someone in charge of national security.
  • Paranoia, dohohoho

I think we should put crack hobos in charge of national defence tbh, their natural resourcefulness and ability to sense infiltrators would prove invaluable for command

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: August 04, 2016, 02:48:18 pm »

All our politicians are up to their eyes in substances both legal and illegal anyway, it can't be helped.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: August 04, 2016, 02:49:17 pm »

^[Insert Presidents Lie Because Honesty Is Not Always The Best Policy Link Here]

Oh right so that's why it's okay that the Bush administration lied to us about [insert thing Max dislikes about conservative policy decisions here].

Oh? No? It's only okay to lie if it's the people you support? Okay. I understand now.

Fuck that with a Douglas Fir. Clinton did good shit, but just because they're out party don't mean they'e infallible, nor does being an opposition candidate mean they're all-fallible. You don't get to ascribe all bad things of a politician you favor to the other side, or all good things with a politician you disfavor to ours.

Hell, only qualms I even have with Hillary at this point is corporate interests and maybe the free trade expansions, since I'm starting to think that low tariffs can be a healthy incentive of domestic industry both here and abroad.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: August 04, 2016, 02:56:56 pm »

I never said I support Clinton, did I? I said hating on him over that shit is petty.

Also, LW, dude, wut? Your link was just scaretactic boilerplate about "dude, weed is gonna like, fuck you up man" and I said "seen", I smoked and quit several times at different points before that. I like weed, really do, it's a really fun buzz, much better than others I've tried, but it's no big deal to not have it.

Check yo factz.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2197 on: August 04, 2016, 03:13:02 pm »

All our politicians are up to their eyes in substances both legal and illegal anyway, it can't be helped.
Perfect excuse to get rid of them then innit?

I never said I support Clinton, did I? I said hating on him over that shit is petty.
I never said I opposed Clinton did I? I said letting him go over that shit is petty.

Also, LW, dude, wut? Your link was just scaretactic boilerplate about "dude, weed is gonna like, fuck you up man" and I said "seen", I smoked and quit several times at different points before that. I like weed, really do, it's a really fun buzz, much better than others I've tried, but it's no big deal to not have it.
Check yo factz.
Fam this is the national health service, where are your facts? I mean it's hilarious don't you think, to portray doctors as dude weed lmao, to just ignore facts in favour of your own experience as dude weed lmao

Get facts, check dubs, dude weed not even lmao

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: August 04, 2016, 03:15:27 pm »

Perfect excuse to get rid of them then innit?
Yeah right. People who don't do drugs are a meaninglessly small minority. Nearly every motherfucker who goes out there and puts on a plastic smile to hawk the war on drugs goes home to blaze it up, or for these people probably to snort cocaine until their fingernails bleed.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2199 on: August 04, 2016, 03:18:56 pm »

Yeah right. People who don't do drugs are a meaninglessly small minority. Nearly every motherfucker who goes out there and puts on a plastic smile to hawk the war on drugs goes home to blaze it up, or for these people probably to snort cocaine until their fingernails bleed.
I never thought I'd have to say this, but you guys need a Murdoch

Not the Fox News Murdoch that has really fit anchors and shit, nah the nasty paparazzi Murdoch that drags politicians names through the mud and into the pig sty every time they do something cheeky

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: August 04, 2016, 03:21:56 pm »

Also I think MSH is wrong but whatever.

Check yo factz.
When did I say I hated him?

Those are the biggest causes of the dislike I have of him. There's also a bunch of stuff I like him for, as it turns out. But he didn't lie for any good reason. 'I did not inhale' does not result in any voters going 'oh, good, he didn't technically break the law, I can still vote for him'. Odds are good that even if it did, it made more people disgusted with his inability to just admit it and be done with it. There was no purpose to lying in the way he did. Denying it, or admitting it, were both better options. He chose to be dishonest in, essentially, the scummiest way possible. How can I trust a president who'll lie on something as small as that, without even doing it in order to get votes?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: August 04, 2016, 03:47:27 pm »

Remember kids ye bald eagles of freedom, alcohol is drugs too. Thusly, most of the world population is a bunch of junkies. QED.
not me though, teetotaller forever; as such I should be your glorious (and sober) leader
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: August 04, 2016, 03:47:58 pm »

Old fashioned morals need to die the fuck off, if you're offended by nudity and sex and cussing, but ok with racism, warfare, and corporate raping of everyone... get in a fucking box, seriously, it's not the 19th century, and the rest of us are sick of having stupid bullshit foisted on us in the name of whatever deity or other arbitrary justification you feel worthy at the time.

'Old-fashioned morality' means wildly different things depending on the time period that you're talking about.  If you really want to get into a ranty throwdown about your particular opinion of good vs evil there's a lot of places to go.  Here, we at least try to be fact-based, clear and polite.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: August 04, 2016, 03:48:48 pm »

Remember kids ye bald eagles of freedom, alcohol is drugs too. Thusly, most of the world population is a bunch of junkies. QED.
not me though, teetotaller forever; as such I should be your glorious (and sober) leader
*raises hand*
I don't alcohol either, can I be your vice president?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: August 04, 2016, 03:50:31 pm »

Also, caffeine.  Everyone underestimates its impact on them so they can excuse drinking more.

-Teetotaler who also abstains from coffee and tea
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 1249