Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Better not get a ticket to go watch the Olympics  (Read 10826 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Better not get a ticket to go watch the Olympics
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2016, 09:53:45 am »

The worse it is the better the odds this dumb thing will go away for good.

I mean clusterfucks like Rio and Sochi get a lot of publicity but the olympics are always shit.  I've been to the MTL olympic infrastructure and it's an eyesore.

It's a stupid thing that should, at the very least, be reorganized.
Shoes...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2016, 10:02:05 am »

The worse it is the better the odds this dumb thing will go away for good.

I mean clusterfucks like Rio and Sochi get a lot of publicity but the olympics are always shit.  I've been to the MTL olympic infrastructure and it's an eyesore.

It's a stupid thing that should, at the very least, be reorganized.

About the only clusterfucky thing about Sochi that I heard about was the sucky hotels (which wasn't entirely unexpected) and some Russian Intelligence sheneinighans. And that one of the rings got stuck during the opening ceremony, but they're hardly the first to have technical glitches.

It was of course, overshadowed by the even more massive clusterfuck of Russias actions when the Olympics were barely even over. Like the Olympics never even took place, at all.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2016, 10:13:04 am »

In Saġ Paulo, the mother in law of Formula-1 boss and billionaire Bernie Ecclestone has been kidnapped last friday. The kidnappers have contacted the billionaire asking 33 million euros ransom. This is the highest ransom ever asked in a Brasil kidanapping case.
So, they're asking for 33 million euros or else they release her?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2016, 06:52:23 pm »

In Saġ Paulo, the mother in law of Formula-1 boss and billionaire Bernie Ecclestone has been kidnapped last friday. The kidnappers have contacted the billionaire asking 33 million euros ransom. This is the highest ransom ever asked in a Brasil kidanapping case.
So, they're asking for 33 million euros or else they release her?

Horrible, but expected and funny joke
Even the avatars expire eventually.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2016, 09:42:33 am »

The Olympic flame was stolen and extinguished today by a mob of angry protesting civil servants, demanding their wages are paid, and saying the olympic flame is not welcome in Rio.

The flame was supposed to be carried to the beach, were festivities were underway to welcome it. The access to the site was blocked by an angry mob however.

Riot police was deployed, protestors threw rocks, police fired rubber bullets and threw sonic bombs. At least one child was taken to hospital with injuries.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 09:44:14 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2016, 09:46:32 am »

GOOD (except for the hurt child bit)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2016, 09:48:47 am »

Well that's got to be a first.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2016, 10:17:00 am »

Meanwhile Brasilian marine and aquatic biologist Mario Moscatelli, who has spent the past 30 years trying to reduce pollution in Brasilian waters, says that the water quality of the Olympic waters can be best compared to an open sewer, and advises all athletes to get themselves vaccinated against hepatitis.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2016, 02:09:05 pm »

Well that's got to be a first.

Not the first time there have been protests against it, but maybe the first time to be stolen by an angry mob.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympic_flame#Protests

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2016, 06:24:36 pm »

Eduardo Paes' (mayor of Rio) campaign against the australians continues. There was a 'small fire' at the building they're being hosted at.

If it seems like I am getting a little too jolly with this kind of stuff, 'tis because I want the olympics to fail hard. While I despise the previous government, I despise the current one even more.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2016, 11:09:57 pm »

Eduardo Paes has always been a clown, and not just any clown, a very mean clown that happens to not really care about anyone who can't give him some leverage or money, including his own voterbase.

Tis a bit unfair to blame the current govt' tho. If anything the few signs of economic improvement we have is due to contingency measures that it adopted. I mean, I have no illusions in regards to our and vice soon to be titular president (he has his fair share of dirt, though not nearly as much as our last two presidents), but its refreshing to finally have a president with full dominion over the goddamn national language and that actualy reached his current position and status due to his own work and merit, and happens to not be an ex-criminal dirty syndicate rat with as much administrative competence as a mentally handicapped caveman.

The olympics was an inevitable trap the current government was going to fall in (it was too late to do much about it once he took control), and while the now impeached president did hope people would somehow blame him for the massive failure, this plan has obviously backfired massively for her and her cronies. I do hope the least amount of people possible get hurt due to the olympics tho, since its pretty certain that SOMEONE is going to get hurt. With some luck, this will (further) expose the olympic committee as the corrupt frauds they are.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2016, 01:46:21 am »

This is going to be the "Brazilians rant about Brazil" thread, I can taste it in the air (it tastes mainly of a strange chemical flavor and salt, if you were curious).

I wish this Olympics wasn't a thing though. 2016 needs something that isn't the apocalypse to look forward to. And this seems more likely to contribute to the ongoing apocalypse then anything else.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2016, 11:19:21 am »

This is going to be the "Brazilians rant about Brazil" thread, I can taste it in the air (it tastes mainly of a strange chemical flavor and salt, if you were curious).
I love the smell of hue in the morning.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Veylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2016, 12:13:02 pm »

We can at least hope they won't go as badly as the 1972 games, right?
At what point did the suggestion of child sacrifice become the more ethical option?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2016, 03:05:35 pm »

US tennis brothers Bob and Mike Bryan have decided not to go to the Olympics to defend their title. They are too afraid for the health of their families because of the zika virus.

Speaking of zika, the first cases of mosquito transmitted zika have been reported in Florida. A dozen or so people have been tested positive for the virus despite not having been to South America, and not having had sex with someone who did.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10