Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31

Author Topic: Superhero Mafia: Game Over; Town, Survivors and Lovers Win.  (Read 58800 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Mafia: Day 1, Make it Double.
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2016, 09:23:05 pm »

EBWOP also they suspect Teneb but aren't doing anything about trying to refine their read.
Really? I would think that between picking you and your already suspicious behavior (At least, suspicious to me) would be enough. Sadly, I don't have anything solid to go on yet, and thus can't vote either of you up yet. At best, I can say that I got my eyes on you two.
And again, what do you intend to do about it? Stating a suspicion is all well and good, but how are you going to confirm or reject them? You've not done anything in respect to that.

You voted me and asked me questions, which I think is mostly from a misunderstanding in game culture seein' as how I don't think I did anything particularly noteworthy. Tunneling is an accusation you could throw at me, seein' as how I've been quite focused on TBF; then again, I'm not the best person to ask about my play so far. Little bit biased.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2016, 09:29:29 pm »

Mod:Do we know the team roster?
Can you clarify? It seems like knowing the team roster would defeat the purpose of the game.

Flavorwise, do we know the team.  Obviously, not who pairs to who, but the Eleven surely know the others' super identities?

On closer inspection, the bodies, though fairly mangled, do have identifiable features underneath. Unfortunately, since their masks and costumes are gone it's still impossible to figure out who they were. Trust wasn't very strong among the Eleven when it came to secret identities, which may have been a bad choice in retrospect.

You're kinda getting on my nerves with your fixation on the flavour, now.

Are you going to engage any of the other players today? Perhaps do some scumhunting?
Excuse me, did you even read?

I'm ASKING, about the publically known, NOT SECRET, SUPER-WHATEVER, identities.  And if I have to keep fending off your similar focus on what is, at worst, going to net nothing for anybody, I obviously won't be devoting much time to coming up with my own questions, so can you maybe sod off and bother someone else?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2016, 09:40:52 pm »

What publicly known identities? The working-from-the-flavour-that-we're-a-team identities?

What would be the point of playing the game then?

Perhaps if you interacted with other players instead of asking about pissing flavour all the time, I wouldn't be so up in your face about being deadweight.

You've had more than 48 hours to do that, you could've even done it around asking about the flavour, but you seem to have no interest in pressuring anyone about anything. Why, pray tell? Are you spending all the time trying to come up with acceptable excuses for asking about flavour, which you know might be misleading?

Hell, I don't think Griffinpup has posted yet, and they've been as useful as you are.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 22, 2016, 09:42:47 pm »

Everybody: Current suspects, if any.
None directly in the present as all are currently under that list; ordinal data is lacking and there is quite much not to go on because there is (as in seems muchly to be, at this current time) a lack of direct-approach scumhunting.

Mod/GM: Votecount please.

@Tiruin:Because it's a Bastard mod.  I don't trust anything.

That, and I was looking at the plurals in the first post as indicative of multiplicity of kill actions.
Usually in bastard mods, or in most non-vanilla mods, flavor is essential insofar only to connect the results of actions (ie the effect the action has, like as an example--Mafia Dopplegangers in Mephansteras' Paranormal games have 'claw and shred/rend' flavor kills. Jailers have a notable 'block YOU and protect YOU [although you usually only get the notice of a door barred or a passage barred, and while that's indirect, it's usual enough to infer a protect if you assume 'movement passage is blocked'])

Can I ask what your current aims are at the present? You've asked more about the background and flavor, along with certain mechanical questions that aren't truly needed or a priority by the town in the present time--while knowing your background of play is OK and investigating what's going on is OK, there's a lack of other-player interaction on your part at present.

Dustan: how much experience of forum Mafia do you have in general, and on B12 specifically? Your little... I don't know, analysis? of my vote bothers me, especially since you told me how I should use it.

I might not be used to the slower pace of forum mafia as of yet, having only played a bastard game, but in my personal experience playing regular mafia, randomly voting people up is a very scummy thing to do.
Maybe there's a method to your madness, maybe you're a executioner who just hates someone's guts. I don't know yet, but random voting rarely leads to a true scum lynch.[...]
I've read a bit of your meta and...mafiascum.net, aye?
Alright, on B12, the 'usual mafia games' start with D1 being day, there is no night beforehand so that usually always (unless otherwise specified by the GM) means that we've to start D1 with discussion and conversation. :) This has led to the stage called 'RVS' in which we work on random voting--while it may seem chaotic to the onlooker who is used to N0 (night 0, wherein people get to act before Day 1), it also entails how you can see others generally act in a situation wherein they have not acted with their roles first (unless there are day actions, and if there are day actions, the majority are usually visible as in the GM announces something happened but not by whom).

So people voting others on D1 is OKAY. However, it also has been noted that how they proceed with the vote also matters.
A bit of read-up with some games here can help ya.
Tiruin: If you could prevent one person here from being roleblocked at all, who would it be?
BHK, because of how he usually goes with his actions in such a way that he's brutally honest (unless he's not, which the same characteristic of brutally honest applies). This is more out of my knowledge and presumption of the players' interactions than D1 reads of everyone.

Why do you make a specific action (ie ROLEBLOCK) and why the inquiry on it?

This all for now. PFP. Will post later.

PPE x10. Aye...

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 22, 2016, 10:01:02 pm »

Tiruin: it's half softclaim and half learning who believes who is what. By the way, I do not like being strangled. at all.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2016, 10:09:14 pm »

Tiruin: it's half softclaim and half learning who believes who is what. By the way, I do not like being strangled. at all.
And this is why knowing the public identities of the Eleven is useful.  Ish.

@Tiruin:Mostly, I'm busy defending my actions at this point.  That's not really what you were asking about, but I think you got the gist of it, I'm trying to pin down the flavor, except I have to keep running in circles defending trying to pin down the flavor because hector.  And it is entirely hector.

hector:I get that you're suspicious of me, but why haven't you even really looked at anyone else?  What are your reads?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2016, 10:12:22 pm »

The only two that matter to me are you and Dustan, and I'm getting less interested in Dustan.

I would've had the rest of the post I made the other day up, but the room my computer is in is so ungodly humid I didn't want to spend anymore time in there than I had to.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2016, 10:15:19 pm »

hector: Why?

How do you know we're the only two that matter, what's your proof?
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2016, 10:17:04 pm »

By the way, I do not like being strangled. at all.
This makes me think someone tried a day action on you. Yesno?
~~~
TheBiggerFish, do you think you can help the town more by using flavor theories and whatnot as opposed to scum hunting?
Normally, I think we know the answer. But this is a bastard mod, so I think the answer might be more variable than normal...
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2016, 10:19:58 pm »

You, mostly because I highly distrust you in any game I play when your in it.  But I don't have any real suspects
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2016, 10:20:21 pm »

@Fallacy: I have no idea whatsoever whether any information AI can gather will be useful.  I'm just trying to round up as much information as I can in case it comes in handy.

Everyone:Reads, I'm sure you have some by now?
Sigtext

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2016, 10:20:50 pm »

~~~
TheBiggerFish, do you think you can help the town more by using flavor theories and whatnot as opposed to scum hunting?
Normally, I think we know the answer. But this is a bastard mod, so I think the answer might be more variable than normal...
No, just referencing a different game fallacy.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2016, 10:21:33 pm »

At the moment, my only suspect is TBF, for being jumpy and defensive.
Quick query: How does being jumpy and defensive outline someone being scum?

PFP

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 22, 2016, 10:22:43 pm »

~~~
No, just referencing a different game fallacy.
Also, it is an unspoken rule that every game is in its own biome, meaning what happened in other games stay in other games.

This is one example of the 'flavor' thing I've talked about in my post. Strangle = flavor for 'kill'. That game is PUZZLE PANIC. Which you should not talk about at all since IT IS STILL ONGOING and especially BECAUSE THERE ARE NO FLIPS THERE.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 22, 2016, 10:25:06 pm »

@Fallacy: I have no idea whatsoever whether any information AI can gather will be useful.  I'm just trying to round up as much information as I can in case it comes in handy.
Makes sense, but not really an answer to my question.

Everyone:Reads, I'm sure you have some by now?
Eh. You: slightly suspicious. Everybody else: eh.
Eh.

It'll probably be easier to derive reads tomorrow(as in, Day 2), because we'll have a full day of posts to look at, plus night results.

This is one example of the 'flavor' thing I've talked about in my post. Strangle = flavor for 'kill'. That game is PUZZLE PANIC. Which you should not talk about at all since IT IS STILL ONGOING and especially BECAUSE THERE ARE NO FLIPS THERE.
+1.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 31