Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31

Author Topic: Superhero Mafia: Game Over; Town, Survivors and Lovers Win.  (Read 58655 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Mafia: Day 1, Make it Double.
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2016, 11:47:05 am »

@TDS 2:Yes, there's a clear indication of something.  I'll circle around what something it is, because that would be really stupid to give away.

juicebox: What about gambits?  Town uses those...

@Fallacy:Do I know the dog?  What is the dog like?

@Fallacy (again): I don't like how he voted me with no question and then PPE'd a question that was really not even a good question.

Mod:Do we know the team roster?

@hector:That's a good question.  Let's see, maybe, by asking different questions?

Everyone:Do you think every player is going to be a power role of some sort?

Every town?

Every scum?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2016, 11:49:13 am »

Anyone who asked me a question:Did I miss one?  Quote it, I'll get to it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2016, 11:49:39 am »

That's super role-fishy, TBF. You're basically asking people "do you have a power role?"

Why do you need to know that?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2016, 11:51:10 am »

Dustan: Are you familiar with the concept of pressure voting?
I am, though it's much easier for the pressure to be on if there's fewer people deciding if you get lynched/executed. It's why I love playing jailor, since they can record the roles of their jailed people and communicate privately without suspicion from there.

TBF: I can already tell you that statement is false, at least initially. Most likely the power role will come when the hidden conditions for someone is met.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2016, 11:59:16 am »

That's super role-fishy, TBF. You're basically asking people "do you have a power role?"

Why do you need to know that?
I don't.  But I figured I ought to try and actually ask questions, and that's what came up.  I mean, this is a superhero team.

Dustan: Do you know how jailor roles on B12 work?

@Dustan:Hm.  So it's not 'everybody's powered'.  That's honestly kind of odd, considering the flavor, but it makes sense for balancing reasons...
Sigtext

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2016, 12:01:33 pm »

fillipk: You are casting the deciding vote between two players for the lynch. One is confirmed neutral, and the other is suspected scum. Who do you lynch and why?
Eh depends on what has been going on and if its the LYLO point, (I'm going to assume it is)  If there have been extra or mysterious deaths then definitely the neutral, if the neutral has been helpful and such then probably the suspected scum, Also it depends on my read of the scum guy and if I don't think he's scum then I won't vote to lynch him.  I don't do policy lynches based on roles.

fillipk: If you were a vigilante, how would you play?

Play like town but be more forceful in investigating and digging in to what people say, I wouldn't care too much if they were lynched because I would just shoot them, random shots would be stupid though.

You people are damn teases. I can't seem to find the fanfic.

Check the notable quotes and discussion thread, I don't know what page but it was pretty recent.  I think Webadict wrote it.

Everybody: What should you do about a dog that is being a little too persistent in getting your attention?
fillipk: Generate a role for me using this role name: Ze Toon Artiste.

Spoiler: Role (click to show/hide)

I don't know about the dog though, probably go see what he wants.

fillipk, do you think it will eventually be worthwhile to claim flavortext?

Everyone: Does your role flavor hint at changes in your role?
No because flavortext will probably change when our role gets updated.

I don't feel the need to answer your second question at the moment, at least not until you answer it yourself

Everyone:Do you think every player is going to be a power role of some sort?

Every town?

Every scum?
I got in trouble for thinking this before, I'm going to go with no for town and yes for scum, however I think everyone has the possibility of getting a power role.

@Everbody that was in the Game of Clones What were the names of your the guardian from Game of Clones, I think it might be important.  I believe I was an ice guy with Norse ties, the name is slipping me right now.

Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2016, 12:08:23 pm »

@fillipk:What do you mean, got in trouble?
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2016, 12:11:19 pm »

He eventually got lynched because it was a stupid question that everybody got up in arms over.

I think he waited until D2 to ask it though...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2016, 12:13:02 pm »

I see.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2016, 12:17:02 pm »

fillipk:Following up on that answer to @TDS, do you think that people are going to try to hide behind the role-changing mechanic?
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2016, 12:17:51 pm »

As I said, you basically just asked everyone if they have a power role. This makes it look like you're a lot more interested in finding PRs than finding scum.

You're not doing so well in the early stages...

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2016, 12:21:49 pm »

As I said, you basically just asked everyone if they have a power role. This makes it look like you're a lot more interested in finding PRs than finding scum.

Hector: I think you are reading into it too much. he asked if we believed the entire player list all had power roles initially. I already told him that it was false (due to my role) and thus answered his question for everyone.

That said, which would you prefer: Roleblocking a person, or selecting three people, one of which dying the following night at random?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2016, 12:26:20 pm »

fillipk:Following up on that answer to @TDS, do you think that people are going to try to hide behind the role-changing mechanic?
Maybe, I'm not sure but it's definitely a possibility.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2016, 12:26:49 pm »

Hector: I think you are reading into it too much. he asked if we believed the entire player list all had power roles initially. I already told him that it was false (due to my role) and thus answered his question for everyone.

That said, which would you prefer: Roleblocking a person, or selecting three people, one of which dying the following night at random?

Not enough context.

We also have no way of knowing if you're telling the truth. If you are, you've narrowed down the target list for a scum or third-party night action. It's not a question that will ever be good for town, regardless of the motive.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2016, 12:30:44 pm »

Is there anyone except Dustan who isn't a power role?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 31