Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31

Author Topic: Superhero Mafia: Game Over; Town, Survivors and Lovers Win.  (Read 58699 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Superhero Mafia: Day 1, Make it Double.
« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2016, 12:32:32 pm »

Well now I'm worried about the results of the answers to that question.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2016, 12:36:59 pm »

Is there anyone except Dustan who isn't a power role?

I'm Spartacus sans power role.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2016, 12:42:19 pm »

:et me clarify then,Hector.

Assuming you had three people you suspected of being mafia/third party, but couldn't tell for sure: Would you prefer to roleblock one of them, with the only risk being wasting a townie's night, or block all three at one time and cause one of them to die at random?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2016, 12:43:50 pm »

That was an entirely different scenario...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2016, 12:46:32 pm »

juicebox: What about gambits?  Town uses those...

Gambits are tricky, since they require you to trust the person who is suggesting them. I'd be more inclined to think someone suggesting a gambit is town, but I would still take it with a grain of salt

Everyone:Do you think every player is going to be a power role of some sort?

Town, I don't think so.
Scum, it's quite likely.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2016, 12:47:41 pm »

We also have no way of knowing if you're telling the truth. If you are, you've narrowed down the target list for a scum or third-party night action. It's not a question that will ever be good for town, regardless of the motive.
I would like to point out that I favor the truth (Even if it's only a half truth) over lying, though you might not have enough experience with me to know that.
Additionally, my answer to the statement points out that We all have hidden role abilities with a unknown trigger that would allow us to use them. I would assume those extra abilities are in fact power role style, or they wouldn't be locked behind a unknown trigger condition.

TBF: I am trying to put it into a scenario format so that he could understand what I meant. excuse me if it seems completely different from the original question.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2016, 12:49:24 pm »

Dustan: Do you know how jailor roles on B12 work?
Enlighten me, please.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2016, 12:53:19 pm »

Assuming you had three people you suspected of being mafia/third party, but couldn't tell for sure: Would you prefer to roleblock one of them, with the only risk being wasting a townie's night, or block all three at one time and cause one of them to die at random?

It would depend the time of the game. Early doors the latter might be nice, but I'm less likely to be correct, though the role flip from the dead player would allow us to have more concrete information in the game. Later in the game I'd prefer a single roleblock, since there's more information available to choose the right person to block.

How do questions like this help you separate town from scum?

We also have no way of knowing if you're telling the truth. If you are, you've narrowed down the target list for a scum or third-party night action. It's not a question that will ever be good for town, regardless of the motive.
I would like to point out that I favor the truth (Even if it's only a half truth) over lying, though you might not have enough experience with me to know that.

I'm sure you do, man, I'm sure you do.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2016, 12:54:35 pm »

Enlighten me, please.
It's a roleblock/protect, generally, but you don't get a chat or anything.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2016, 12:57:47 pm »

Enlighten me, please.
Also no will/obituary thing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2016, 01:00:01 pm »

Huh?
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2016, 01:07:23 pm »

You have a will/obituary in Town of Salem, which appears to all players on your death. It is good practice as a PR like jailor to say who you targeted and what you found out on which night, allowing the other players to work on that information.

For example, if you jail a serial killer as jailor, they will kill you if you don't execute them. If you put who you jailed on that night and what they claimed, the rest of the town can quiz that person as to what happened.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2016, 01:07:57 pm »

Ah.
Sigtext

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2016, 01:08:57 pm »

It would depend the time of the game. Early doors the latter might be nice, but I'm less likely to be correct, though the role flip from the dead player would allow us to have more concrete information in the game. Later in the game I'd prefer a single roleblock, since there's more information available to choose the right person to block.

How do questions like this help you separate town from scum?
It's less about trying to separate town from scum as it is try to get into your mindset. How are they likely to act? What roles would best fit this person?
In a word, Rolefishing.

Also no will/obituary thing.
So in other words, the jailor and the jailed can't communicate with eachother, and there's no "last will" system. The former is quite troubling, while the latter is a bit of an annoyance.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2016, 01:16:39 pm »

There are powers that set up quicktopics, but they're rarer than jailors and such.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 31