Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Blind Arms Race - Manonera republic thread - 1913  (Read 14309 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind Arms Race - Manonera republic thread - 1912 Spy/Battle
« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2016, 12:09:04 pm »

Free knives! We should find a good way to "give" them to our enemies.

I vote our spies figure out what they invented last year.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2016, 01:51:49 pm »

sounds like a plan.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2016, 07:42:01 pm »

Spoiler: flag (click to show/hide)
I played around with flag colors (red/white/orange, or changing the black to silver), and really didn't like the results. I like this as-is.

I'd like to post it in the main thread in the next few hours, unless someone else has other suggestions or is working on a different one. I suspect that, if only one side follows the instructions to post it in the main thread, they'll win by default, and I'd rather win like that than risk losing like that, or having the chance for the credit vanish.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 08:21:34 pm by Nirur Torir »

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2016, 09:12:18 pm »

Might as well post it, cuz their probably going to have something dumb like rice on their flag.
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 05, 2016, 05:44:34 am »

sounds like a plan.
Sausage head, using another pseudonym, slipped into Empire capital, and searched for everything that had the stamp 1911 on it. Most of it, is trash, including some scraps of paper pointing towards a rifle design.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2016, 02:12:06 pm »

How about this for the flag description thingy, The Outer Dark green stripes represents the untouch fertile fields of our nation. while the rich wheaty center represents our nations pride our massive wheat fields. The wheat symbol represents our, uh, fertile land and the swords represent our massive and honorable military.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2016, 03:35:45 pm »

Huh.

How about the wheat symbol symbolizes our wheat further?

Sounds better.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2016, 06:31:33 pm »

Nobody mention that they're using European heraldry to represent their China-themed nation, or that their flag doesn't look much like it represents them.

You forgot colors! Here's mine:
The green represents our fertile fields and love of life. The swords show our willingness to defend them with our lives. Central to everything we hold dear is wheat, which grows in endless golden fields.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2016, 01:17:15 am »

The green represents our fertile fields and love of life. The swords show our willingness to defend them with our lives. Central to everything we hold dear is wheat, which grows in endless golden fields.

Should we just post this? I think the GM is waiting.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2016, 12:33:57 pm »

I already posted a symbolism interpretation, since there was no discussion on it.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2016, 05:05:42 pm »

Hmm, somehow i missed it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2016, 05:16:04 pm »

[flag interpretation, with colors mentioned]
You forgot colors! Here's mine:

Hmm, somehow i missed it.
Now we are even. Let us never speak of this again :v

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2016, 05:18:54 pm »

speak of what?  ;D

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2016, 08:41:56 pm »

The Manoneran forces of 1912 comprises of these units:

Spoiler: Manonera 1912 (click to show/hide)
Most footsoldiers use the bayonet instead of a full-sized saber, except the cavalry and those operating the new Rotary cannons. Speaking of the cannon, its being shipped everywhere as long as its feasible to be carted around, and more are put around installations just in case.

Naval Battle: The fact that your positions are being hit by rockets more frequently don't help. There are now actually losses to your coastal batteries, and your control of these crucial points is no longer absolute. Operational disadvantage.

Land Battle, Southwest island (Desert Island): Valorously, Your new guns caused many casualties. But making a landing operation, while being bombarded and without adequate fire support is a disaster, and your assault was repulsed back into the sea. 2/3 at Middle West island next turn.

Land Battle, Far East Island line (Rocks on the sea):
The battle now degenerates into a gun duel. Both sides now simply fire their toys until some fortifications are silenced, before bringing in a boatfull of assault troops. Your new guns means you have a very easy time repulsing these assaults, and slowly you gained control of more points. 2/3 at Middle East island next turn

Land Battle, West Mainland Line (Swamps)
Your new gatling cannon is useless here - too heavy to be maneuverable, and blindly firing a shaking weapon into the swamps isn't effective. Snipers now find it hard to snipe targets - there are still some obvious tells, but your snipers will need some time to retrain themselves on what to aim at. Your charging men find it a bit harder to charge through, even the bayonets are a much welcome change from hacking with a sword.

Stalemate at 4/5.

Land Battle, East Mainland line (Plains)
You still have no idea on the enemy's numbers, with a higher amount of small arms fire, and their men suddenly becoming harder to spot on field. The gatling gun is great at mowing down their Charging cavalry, and your foot soldiers used the bayonet to stop any horseman that goes through. Your lack of effective artillery means its hard for you to conduct assaults, and its not helped by the fact that they seemed to be firing from nowhere means your men are pinned down in safe positions. You stayed in 0/5 position, because you can't organize an assault to push them back.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2016, 08:46:12 pm »

We need way better artillery
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11