Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Solar: a Transhuman Scifi RPG OOC [Started, waitlist open!]  (Read 16616 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Solar: a Transhuman Scifi RPG OOC [Started, waitlist open!]
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2016, 03:52:49 am »

What affect does augmented strength have?

Would I be able to, for example, crush someone's hand so they couldn't use a gun, or pull someone's head off?

Sure, probably. It's a matter of rolling, and a +5 bonus is not bad at all. A regular-Strength person could do that too with a lucky roll, and am Augmented Strength II person would probably do it by accident while shaking their hand.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2016, 03:03:47 am »

'Engineer a meeting' was vague enough I figured a Meet Cute scenario works just fine. I'm assuming you want to RP this properly yourself, MonkeyHead. Feel free to change the color/font/anything of your dialogue.

Taric rolling a 1 on that Intellect roll is probably a sign of things to come. Caveman say what?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2016, 04:22:31 am »

Going to wait to see if Monkey changes or adds to the initial dialog before putting in my own.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 22, 2016, 02:54:39 pm »

Soooo....anyone notice my app
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2016, 03:06:36 pm »

Soooo....anyone notice my app

Sure. With a waitlist this size, I am not going to bother trying to decipher it until you put any effort into fixing your grammar (you straight-up admit you didn't in the app!).

Dwarmin, I love your character's way of talking, but I suspect sooner or later you're going to have to provide me with a dictionary.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 22, 2016, 03:17:15 pm »

Dwarmin, I love your character's way of talking, but I suspect sooner or later you're going to have to provide me with a dictionary.

Just PM me for any clarification in terms. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 22, 2016, 03:23:08 pm »

Nah. I'll rather just carry on guessing the meanings. Much more entertaining. Especially once you make the mistake of using one of these terms with an NPC and I interpret it as you grievously insulting their mother.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 22, 2016, 03:32:09 pm »

Horrendous and strange dialects are very fun to play, tis true.

Shame that having one didn't fit my picture of my character, but they at least have a few speech patterns.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 22, 2016, 03:35:05 pm »

Dwarmin, I commend you on the amazingness that is your character's method of communication. I think I'm going to have to take notes.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 22, 2016, 03:43:27 pm »

Nah. I'll rather just carry on guessing the meanings. Much more entertaining. Especially once you make the mistake of using one of these terms with an NPC and I interpret it as you grievously insulting their mother.

"I reck your mamm's splick a moit of a creche wit her cooz!'

Dwarmin, I commend you on the amazingness that is your character's method of communication. I think I'm going to have to take notes.

I'll be honest, I was inspired to do something like this after reading 'A Clockwork Orange'. This game finally gave me an excuse to go and tolchock the English language.

It's certainly a book I suggest picking up, btw.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 22, 2016, 03:50:09 pm »

Yeah, I got a vibe from it that just reeked of good ol' ultraviolence. Speech patterns and language are some of the most fun things to play with ever.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2016, 03:55:54 pm »

Ah, darn, and here I was thinking I was all clever coming up with pirate slang, and I was beaten to the punch. :P Impressive job so far, Dwarmin.

Speaking of, who wants to place bets on Zahir's lifespan?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2016, 04:06:20 pm »

He's been out in Sol for like five minutes and he's already been tagged by Orbital intelligence. The best part is I didn't even plan any of it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2016, 04:15:45 pm »

Ah, darn, and here I was thinking I was all clever coming up with pirate slang, and I was beaten to the punch. :P Impressive job so far, Dwarmin.

I do have higher upkeep, tho, it's pretty fun. :P

I like this one from me and gig's unposted PM backstory.

As for the Bloodburn, all have said there is no cure. Truly, be it the long withheld vengeance of Gods-Crocked Earther-scum (may they boil in Mimas's puddles of burning-grease-fires for all the many eternities), or the bone-deep loathing of our ancient forebears, or a curse laid upon us by Holy Kurn herself-or the multitudes of vengeance crying dead, who daily reach clawed hands from deep watery graves to proclaim their spite upon us, those fat lot of whiny corpsers laying lazily dead! They say, for our many and *varied* multitude of sins, there is no hope.

He's been out in Sol for like five minutes and he's already been tagged by Orbital intelligence. The best part is I didn't even plan any of it.

I'm sure he'll live longer than that other guy who's going off without choosing a team, and will no doubt be rocksfalled by the GM for making him do more work.

Team Ultraviolence is still hiring!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 22, 2016, 04:23:01 pm »

Nah - it's been too long since I've run a game with independent plotlines, so split the party all you like. Teamwork is option. The best option when I inevitably send you on suicide missions, but eh. You remember Nowhere to Run, Dwarm. Those suicide missions were fuuuuun.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15