Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Solar: a Transhuman Scifi RPG OOC [Started, waitlist open!]  (Read 16591 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Solar: a Transhuman Scifi RPG OOC [Started, waitlist open!]
« Reply #135 on: June 22, 2016, 05:43:44 pm »

Speaking of, who wants to place bets on Zahir's lifespan?

He's been out in Sol for like five minutes and he's already been tagged by Orbital intelligence. The best part is I didn't even plan any of it.
Mayhaps I need to cause a little friendly-fire incident involving an EMP weapon :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2016, 12:41:47 pm »

Name: "Sir Bedivere Dagonet of Dublin" (real name: Killian Keane)
Appearance: ostensibly a standard human, truthfully has been tinkered with in subtle ways. Body Size (well over two meters), Body Mass (well over 120 kilograms) and Muscle Structure as well as various DNA, Urine and other samples, if taken, would come to the conclusion that the man has been getting a protein and stimulant heavy diet. More samples of bonemarrow would harden the suspicions of tampering, as the density of bones is significantly beyond normal human thresholds.
Still "Sir Bedivere of Dublin" is still within parameters of human evolution and nature...only someone made sure to maximizie all physical qualities. By the way, he has green eyes.

Background: Why the only place two meter tall mountains of muscle with religious fanaticism inbuilt come from, of course: Avalon!
There is many a strange place in Sol, but few are as strange as Avalon. An orbital weapons manufacturing station, complete with its own ai, for yet unknown reasons, crashed into Ireland. The Ai and some of its automated manufactoriums survived. The follow-up rampancy cloud, it shouldn't have.

The exact Details of how the AI survived in a cloud of rampancy is lost to myth, the result however is well known. The AI survived and called itself the Lady of the Lake (there was no actual lake until several years later) and begun its secret plans. What that plan is is unknown to most people in Sol, though many are guessing at it from the results of its machinations. Gathering the Remnants of Irelands Population, the AI formed a Monarchic Government: Avalon.

Anachronistically High-Tech and Medieval at the same time, the people of Avalon live in a feudal society, ruled by the Knights of the Round Table. People chosen by the AI to wear its experimental power-armors and weaponry.

Avalon, as Ireland has been renamed has spent the past centuries turning Ireland into the epithome of the "Green Island" a beautiful and save pastoral landscape as if sprung directly from Arthurian Myths. But it has a darker side. In mainland Britain, the Knights are waging a brutal war of Subjugation against the survivors of the rampancy, killing the few remaining augs and butchering and destroying anything that reeks of transhumanism. And even as they salt the earth, behing them the AI begins the process of adding the lands to Avalon. Even in the process the Lady has begun skirmishing with various Orbitals around Earth which had begun to interefere with it. Teams of Knights sent on "Quests" to defeat "The Hellspawn" have been known to occasionally raid Orbital stations in recently. What exactly their purpose is is so far unknown.

As it is the Lady follows a policy of purification of humanity, one of the rare interviews with its followers amounted to basically "bringing humanity back on its original evolutionary track".

In this turbulent time Sir Bediviere of Dublin, one of the Knights of the Round Table, has been sent on a Quest deep in Sol, for what he claims to be "Excalibur" and to return it to the Lady. Armed only with his armor, his blade and his unbreakable faith, it will be seen where his Quest carries him.

-Synopsis of "The Quest" a popular micro-cam reality-tv Adventure Show produced by HMO. a Production firm known to use unwitting people for their shows.

Class: Hardened/Destroyer

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2016, 12:53:51 pm »

> Standard human
> two metres tall
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 23, 2016, 12:59:24 pm »

;P well humans can get two meters tall...theres just normally not many. But if you use the best of our genetic material...you can get something like the Mountain that Rides.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 23, 2016, 09:04:48 pm »

> Standard human
> two metres tall
6ft.
Pretty standard for everyone that isn't Asian. :I We're short and most of the folks from America or Australia are like 6 feet+!

Edit: Thanks Rolep! I misplaced my measurements :P I mistook 1 yard for 1 meter. Oops!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 11:50:23 pm by Tiruin »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2016, 11:21:54 pm »

...Tiruin, 2 metres is not 6 feet. It's 6 and a half feet. It's quite tall. It's not standard human tall. It's 'very tall human' tall.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 24, 2016, 12:24:50 am »

Not too far removed from average though.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 24, 2016, 01:18:51 am »

7 inches from average is decently far. Not so far as to be unreasonable, but far enough that describing him as a "standard human but" is kinda funny.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 24, 2016, 03:54:21 am »

Silly Taric, you critfailed your Intellect roll, you can't be suspicious of her, you drooling little caveman.

...okay, sure you can - you're not an NPC. Still, as far as I'm seeing, she hasn't really said anything impossible or alarming. Distasteful to Zahir's terrorist ears, sure, so you can well justify that reaction - just try not to use OOC knowledge IC.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 24, 2016, 04:04:05 am »

Actually it is what she's saying that's setting him off. Atleast as someone suspicious. He still has no idea on her actually being a robot :P

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 24, 2016, 09:19:26 am »

I mean, as far as I could tell, if he'd been listening to her I don't think he would have been suspicious. She asked if he was coming up and found anything fun. Which could be her way of testing him, if she was just as backwards as he was.

I actually rather hope someone else dies first, as the eventual interactions between Zahir and Dogbite oughta be interesting.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 24, 2016, 09:25:07 am »

He's got that much hatred of the orbitals, and augmentation in general, that the sheer shock on being near so many individuals have practically rendered the entire ship as someplace he'd rather get out of.

OR start a mass-murder :P

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2016, 08:31:26 am »

Apologies for the delay. I've been, uh, drunk or hungover, so. Things will now proceed.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2016, 08:35:53 pm »

I corrected all the spelling errors Microsoft word could find in my sheet (and a grammar error or two).

what do you think?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 27, 2016, 09:12:32 am »

If Sirus doesn't post soon, I think I'll need to replace him with a waitlister. Which is a pity.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15