Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you tired of the constant boredom hiatuses?

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
I don't care enough about this forum game to be.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: Roll to twitch turn 15: What are we gonna do tonight, brain?  (Read 26806 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Be GM.

Post the turn before people start to riot
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile

That's going to take a very long time.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile

Be players:

Riot
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's an action that no GM can carry out for the players. You'll all have to riot by yourselves. And if too many people get lazy, well, too bad for you.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile

That's an action that no GM can carry out for the players. You'll all have to riot by yourselves. And if too many people get lazy, well, too bad for you.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The riot fails. Turns out, the players are too busy coming up with silly actions for a random minimalist RTD to riot.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile

Bet thirty bucks that the next turn is going to be late.

Owe the GM 30 bucks because I lost the bet.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Bet thirty bucks that the next turn is going to be late.

Owe the GM 30 bucks because I lost the bet.
I'm fine with the turn after next being short.
Turn coming tomorrow, btw.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to twitch turn 13: next turn's gonna be reeeeeal short
« Reply #187 on: August 23, 2016, 09:17:57 pm »

Turn 13

Spoiler: Remaining fives (click to show/hide)

Apologize to the meta-knight, saying that I didn't mean to restrict his mobility. Offer to create proper, non-restrictive solid binding armor when I have the essences.

Then, well, make three binding essences.

Spoiler: Viznor's Essences (click to show/hide)
[6] [cmp=1][pot=6+1=7] [cmp=2][pot=3+1=4] [cmp=3][pot=2+1=3]
Viznor apologizes and offers so convincingly that the meta-knight thinks he's trying to pull one over on him!
"Don't bother trying to fool me into your trap, forumite! Even if you tie me down completely with mystical bindings I will escape, and you will be my next target. This is your warning!"
Viznor successfully creates 1 chaotic -1/+3 essence, 1 +1POT essence, and 1 +1/+1 essence. (all binding)

Repeat both last turn actions.
Spoiler: last turn actions (click to show/hide)
[4] [1]
You try again to become a punslinger, and this time the mantra works, restoring some of your magic! However, you horribly miscast the spell to summon the pun-gun, and blow out twice the magic you would otherwise use, to no effect.

FiveFive? FiveFiveFive FiveFive . Five. FiveFiveFiveFiveFive. FiveFive. Five!
Meaning: Make all die rolls that result in 5 trigger another die roll. apply all the results.
[54]
The metamancer is hoist by his own petard! It's too difficult to nuke all fives two turns in a row with rolls as low as that! Now, if it had been another five or even a six, this would have worked, but a four is just shy of powerful enough.

I Wake up and Start Punching Non-Knights.
Afterwards I Attempt to Create an Artifact Known as The Meta Sword, Really Just an Eraser that Destroys Meta Actions
[6] [1]
Moznarx Hogroof goes on a crusade to punch non-knights, but comes to a realisation that stops them dead in their tracks! Moznarx is PRETTY sure that nobody here, barring the Meta-knight, is a knight, but there's no telling. Viznor is great wizard, he could have been knighted at some point, and it's the same deal with Bardnir, little Jimmy, even the troll and the chaotic bloodmage. Moznarx elects not to take their chances, because as a god, nobody is going to take them seriously if they say they're about to punch non-knights, and then go around punching knights. Moznarx does know one thing for sure, though; they themself have NEVER been knighted! Without hesitating, Moznarx punches themself in the face! It's hard having to keep your word down to the letter if you want to get any recognition.
That shenanigan thoroughly finished, Moznarx Hogroof attempts to create an artifact of metamancy destruction, but nothing happens!

Chaotic Bloodmage: Ask the GM politely for a brief surge of unlimited power applied to his next turn on the first action.
Get both the GM and the Meta Knight in on the plan over some tea.
Fix Bardnir's Ass vaccum. We do not need that sort of thing here, of all places.

BARDNIR!: Summon up life elements and use them to cast an AOE spell that heals everyone. USE ALL FOUR ACTIONS DOING THIS!
[auto five4] [auto five][trees:6] [auto five][trees:5]
[4][4][5][trees:4][3]
The previous five-related actions take effect! The chaotic bloodmage asks the GM a bit hurriedly, but adequately politely, for a surge of power.
Well, sure, Ok, but if you do something I don't like, I'm pulling the plug.
The chaotic bloodmage then offers the GM and the Meta-knight some tea, but sure as there are trees falling from the sky, they both decline; one on account of not actually being present in this meta, the other on account of needing to stay vigilant at all times. All the times. The chaotic bloodmage then applies careful leverage to Bardnir's ass-lodged arm, his skill calling down even more trees, and manages to remove the stuck appendage and stop the ass-vacuum from generating any more suction! However, the ass-vacuum is only dormant... who knows when it could strike again?
Bardnir begins summoning life elements, and creates three succesfully as more trees fall! He then focuses his magic abilities into a powerful AOE healing spell, but it doesn't have a huge amount of power behind it! Everyone still heals a bit, though.

Six. Five? Five. FIVE! Six? Si-ve?! FIve! SIX! FIVE!!5!555!!!
Meaning: Make any roll that is a six, into a five.
[3]
Your attempt at minor metamancy fails!

Luigi is better anyway.  Best two out of three.
[6]
You attempt once again to dethrone the Meta-knight, and challenge him using luigi! Your plan seems to be working, and you're doing incredibly! Both down to one stock, you are at 0% with the Meta-knight offstage and at 138%! But just when it seems you've achieved victory, you get overconfident and attempt a hard read, which completely misses the Meta-knight and allows it to recover! What's worse, the Meta-knight takes this opportunity to punish you with a brutal 0-death combo! You've lost again, and now that you've invoked two out of three, you've lost forever! It seems that the Meta-knight will have to be evicted... some OTHER way.

Be Pikachu
1. Pika
2. Pika pika
3. Sneeze on Jimmy. (Pik-achu)
4. Use Thunderbolt on Meta-knight
You are now pikachu.
[4] [3] [2] [6]
Bounding onto the scene, you attempt to enthrall everyone with your cuteness! They're certainly captivated, but it seems to be getting old fast. You then attempt to sneeze on Jimmy, but you really don't have to sneeze right now, so it just looks like you're cuddling. You then attempt to Thunderbolt the Meta-knight, but it absorbs the power of your bolt, and is charged up instead of being harmed! The Meta-knight glares at you intensely. You feel sheepish.

Be GM.

Post the turn before people start to riot
Done.

Bet thirty bucks that the next turn is going to be late.Owe the GM 30 bucks because I lost the bet.
You're on.

Life:65%. Magic:10%. Manna:30% Inventory: pants, sword, fake arms, laptop. Companions: obedient werefrog, pile of mostly obedient eldritch horrors, spirit of an evil child. Status: normal. Location: my desktop.
You are sitting around awkwardly with the chaotic bloodmage and several creatures from beyond the fourth wall.
NPC stats:
Chaotic bloodmage: Health: 45% Magic: 10% Manna: 85%
Viznor the seer: Health: no reading. Magic: seemingly infinite. Manna: no reading. Injuries: Bruised fairly badly, mentally shaken.
Bardnir: Health: 107? Magic: 0? Manna: no reading. Status: dormant ass-vacuum.
Moznarx Hogroof: Health: seemingly immortal. Magic: You've lost track. Manna: no reading.
The meta-knight: Health: 100% Magic: 100% Manna: 100% Status: thundercharged
Angry Internet Troll: Health: 40% Magic 100% Manna: 100%
Pikachu: Health: 100% Magic: none Manna PP: 95%

The number five: Health: 5 Magic: 5 Manna 5 Status: oldtree
The field has grown a copse of 30 old growth trees. There's also a whole lot of cut lumber sitting around.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:15:50 pm by ironsnake345 »

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile

Pester the GM about possible Fivery.

One. One. One. One! One! ONE! ONE! ONE!! ONE!!! one...

Meaning: If a one is rolled, add one to the next roll.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to twitch turn 13: the metamancer is hoist by his own petard!
« Reply #189 on: August 23, 2016, 09:58:27 pm »

That was being processed as you posted that action.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to twitch turn 14: Told you so.
« Reply #190 on: August 23, 2016, 10:06:55 pm »

Turn 14

You cannot pester the GM about possible fivery because he was taking care of that while you were busy typing that message!
[6]
Resounding success! Every one which is rolled next turn will add one to the roll which follows it!

Life:65%. Magic:10%. Manna:30% Inventory: pants, sword, fake arms, laptop. Companions: obedient werefrog, pile of mostly obedient eldritch horrors, spirit of an evil child. Status: normal. Location: my desktop.
You are sitting around awkwardly with the chaotic bloodmage and several creatures from beyond the fourth wall.
NPC stats:
Chaotic bloodmage: Health: 45% Magic: 10% Manna: 85%
Viznor the seer: Health: no reading. Magic: seemingly infinite. Manna: no reading. Injuries: Bruised fairly badly, mentally shaken.
Bardnir: Health: 107? Magic: 0? Manna: no reading. Status: dormant ass-vacuum.
Moznarx Hogroof: Health: seemingly immortal. Magic: You've lost track. Manna: no reading.
The meta-knight: Health: 100% Magic: 100% Manna: 100% Status: thundercharged
Angry Internet Troll: Health: 40% Magic 100% Manna: 100%
Pikachu: Health: 100% Magic: none Manna PP: 95%

The number five: Health: 5 Magic: 5 Manna 5 Status: oldtree
The field has grown a copse of 30 old growth trees. There's also a whole lot of cut lumber sitting around.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:16:46 pm by ironsnake345 »

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to twitch turn 14: putting the "minimal" in "minimalistic RTD"
« Reply #191 on: August 23, 2016, 10:07:55 pm »

You owe me 30 dollars, chaotic.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:17:07 pm by ironsnake345 »

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 23, 2016, 10:20:43 pm »

I can live with that. Now I have to find a way to get thirty bucks.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 23, 2016, 10:33:50 pm »

statuses were not updated.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15