Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you tired of the constant boredom hiatuses?

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
I don't care enough about this forum game to be.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Roll to twitch turn 15: What are we gonna do tonight, brain?  (Read 26807 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to twitch: a first-time RTD
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2016, 04:47:38 am »

Jimmy: find nearest SOURCE OF FRESH BLOOD.
One wheel short of a wagon

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2016, 05:39:35 am »

FIVE!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2016, 08:31:18 am »

Bardnir protests being associated with final fantasy, having clearly been from Midgard! As a result, he goes off to find and get payback on the narrator!
Meanwhile, the chaotic bloodmage would be savoring their tea and resting for all four of their turns. Seems kind of odd, since the tea is gone after the Crash to Desktop.

I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2016, 09:01:26 am »

FIRE A LAZOR at them all!

Ignore anybody attempting to influence my influence.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 11:06:46 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2016, 10:28:17 am »

Jimmy: Become Immune to Poshguinfish Influence, turning all their rolls to 2.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2016, 01:29:04 pm »

My not-by-blood aunt just heard a summary of what's happened here. She says there should be a comic adaptation. :D

Anyone else like this idea?
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2016, 02:25:34 pm »

why not poll it?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2016, 07:03:46 pm »

I Create Several Viruses and Break the Desktop, Reaching out Looking for Something More Meta to do.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2016, 08:42:37 pm »

why not poll it?
Done. There are a few different options for "yes," but that doesn't stop anyone from voting "no" anyway.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to twitch: turn 7: I'm now counting the turns for some reason.
« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2016, 10:37:25 pm »

Turn 7

First things first: start flying. Dexterous wings don't do a whole lot if you're on the ground.

Ah... knowledge! Information! And we're on the desktop! Magically learn all the information in the browser's user's manual!

And... I supposedly have four actions now, so how about that. See what happens if I claw at a folder icon. Then check the local meta to see whether I still get a multicast penalty.

You are now Viznor.
[6]
With a mighty flap of your solid-magic wings, you take to the skies! A bit to high, in fact, as with that one mighty flap you've managed to send yourself straight into the top of the screen, hitting the boundary of the desktop image with a painful thud! Way to add a bruise there, clumsy!
[cmp:5][pot:5+1=6]
It's a good thing that your meta prevents an unnatural 6 from being an overshot! You peel away, layer by layer at the myriad information to be found in the user's manual for Google Chrome, and when you have finished you continue, finding information even Google doesn't want you to know! You now know everything there is to know about Google Chrome.
[str: 5][roll to determine which folder: 5]
You claw at a folder, hard enough to tear it in half, but instead you are sucked through and find yourself in a featureless white expanse! Behind you is what appears to be a folder icon, labelled "random .txt's: return to parent" It would seem  that you have entered the folder, and that icon is your way back to the parent folder, in this case the desktop. Around you in the folder are a number of .txt files with unbelievably stupid titles! They're all over 3 years old, and haven't been touched in about as long!
Found here are: blibble flower.avi.txt, calculater stuff.txt, chores.txt, fireplace puzzle.txt, homegroup password.txt, If you ever put dribble and spitz in your comic, which I know you will!.txt, IMPORTANT MAPLE STORY STUFF.txt, IMPORTANT OTHER STUFF.txt, longest word ever.txt, my cleverbot conversation.txt, new login info.txt, note about games.txt, READ ME GREAT IDEA.txt, SUPER IMPORTANT!!!.txt, TOONTOWN IMPORTANT.txt, try this!.txt, and yume nikki instructions.txt.
[cmp: 5][pot: 2+1=3]
It would seem that, despite the fact that this meta limits your actions, hasty casting still comes with a penalty!

You are now little Jimmy.
Jimmy: find nearest SOURCE OF FRESH BLOOD.
[5]
The nearest source of fresh blood is going to be either your werefrog, or either Viznor or Bardnir, but both those people have gone gallivanting off!

FIVE!
Saying it louder does not mean I understand you any better, person.

Bardnir protests being associated with final fantasy, having clearly been from Midgard! As a result, he goes off to find and get payback on the narrator!
Meanwhile, the chaotic bloodmage would be savoring their tea and resting for all four of their turns. Seems kind of odd, since the tea is gone after the Crash to Desktop.

[3]
Bardnir takes offense! Their tension increases! I've made that obscure reference twice now! Bardnir dives into the icon for Google Chrome, in search of the narrator! He is deposited in an empty "new tab" page. Seems he'll have to figure his own way out!
[6]
The chaotic bloodmage rests, and the last vestiges of his healing focused power do an incredible amount of healing! Too much, in fact, as it causes the bloodmage to develop cancer by the end of the turn!
Chaotic bloodmage now loses 10% of life every turn.

FIRE A LAZOR at them all!

Ignore anybody attempting to influence my influence.

I saw that retcon! You can't hide anything from me, fish! It came too late!
[auto 5]
You fire your lazah upon all the unfortunate enemies you can see! Unfortunately for you, they've all run off except for one, and they are a god! Still, though, the lazor somehow... hurts them? That shouldn't be possible; they are immortal! Perhaps the transition of meta has had some adverse effects!
The poshguinfish is interrupted by a mad warrior!
Jimmy: Become Immune to Poshguinfish Influence, turning all their rolls to 2.
[2]
They fail to dent the poshguinfish's connection to Jimmy!
[1]
The poshguinfish's connection to Jimmy is weakened by his attempt to strengthen it! It will now be easier to overthrow the bigger fish!

I Create Several Viruses and Break the Desktop, Reaching out Looking for Something More Meta to do.
[4]
Moznarx Hogroof creates a series of adequately powerful viruses which seek to destroy the desktop! However, all of a sudden, an alert balloon emerges from the ground, warning of a viral attack! From out of nowhere, a cursor appears and clicks on the balloon; an antivirus window appears and performs a quick scan, and the viruses are eliminated before they can do any damage! Moznarx seems perturbed by the fact that in this meta, that cost one mighty action! Sure, that was some unfortunate rounding, but it's not a happy thought for him that he is weak and vulnerable here!

Life:75%. Magic:35%. Manna:50% Inventory: pants, sword, fake arms, laptop. Companions: obedient werefrog, pile of mostly obedient eldritch horrors, spirit of an evil child. Location: my desktop.
You are in a stalled combat with the chaotic bloodmage and three creatures from beyond the fourth wall.
Enemy stats:
Chaotic bloodmage: Health: 100% Magic: 100% Manna: 60%
Viznor the seer: Health: no reading. Magic: seemingly infinite. Manna: no reading. Injuries: scratched and quite bruised. Bleeding very slightly. Mentally shaken.
Bardnir: Health: 126? Magic: 0? Manna: no reading.
Moznarx Hogroof: Health: seemingly immortal. Magic: 0 mighty?, 2 major? Manna: no reading. Somehow badly burnt by the lazor.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to twitch turn 7: I'm now counting the turns for some reason.
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2016, 11:12:24 pm »

FiveFive? FiveFiveFive FiveFive . Five. FiveFiveFiveFiveFive. FiveFive. Five!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2016, 01:00:58 am »

FiveFive? FiveFiveFive FiveFive . Five. FiveFiveFiveFiveFive. FiveFive. Five!
Look, we speak english here, not fives. If there's something I'm missing, now's your chance to enlighten me.

And I swear to god, if more than 5% of the words in your next post are "five," I'm gonna be annoyed!

Edit: oh, god damn it. I can't believe I missed what I just did.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2016, 02:15:25 am »

5?

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2016, 03:23:39 am »

Code: [Select]
---  ---
 \    /
  \  / 
   \/   
  ---- 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15