Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: wailing tunnels  (Read 26942 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: tactical espionage action
« Reply #150 on: July 06, 2016, 11:59:06 am »

Bernard grins and attempts too get close enough to manipulate the firing pins of their guns to no longer work.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 06, 2016, 12:58:29 pm »

((Can't help it, my stats don't support good physical actions.))

Alain... waits until there's a safe way to proceed or until he has to move. He ain't a fighter nor he's terribly smart.

"Are explosives useful here?" He whispers.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 06, 2016, 04:05:34 pm »

((Can't help it, my stats don't support good physical actions.))

Alain... waits until there's a safe way to proceed or until he has to move. He ain't a fighter nor he's terribly smart.

"Are explosives useful here?" He whispers.

Evan shakes his head no.

I can hide the noise, if I am lucky, but the other effects would give us away like a beacon. An explosion going off at night is bright enough to draw eyes to us. Even gunfire is risky, I dunno how well they silenced them, but the muzzle flash of pistols and carbines is usually significant.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 06, 2016, 05:28:38 pm »

-snip-
((Going to have to update tomorrow. Had a pretty late and annoying day at work and I'm basically falling asleep on my keyboard right now. So far I see Alain waiting for an opening, Bernard moving up to disable their firing pins and Evan not yet doing anything. Feel free to correct me if I'm interpreting these actions wrong.

Also the two patrols have about 3-4 minutes between them. I probably didn't do a very good job of telling the scale of the camp, but it would take you a solid 5-10 minutes to walk from one corner to the diagonally opposite corner. Also, when sneaking and infiltrating, think more Metal Geat and less hard realism. It's still a game, after all.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right after one of the two-man patrols passes from sight, Bernard heads out, hoping to get close enough to manipulate the firing pins on the German's guns. He briskly walks off the hill towards the camp. Alain, taking this as the cue to start moving, follows him. They both move towards the camp fairly silently and under the darkness of night, managing to jump the barbed wire fence without getting tangled in it. They stop, hiding behind a tent out of sight of the little road. Peeking out from behind the corner, they see that the road is clear and that the guard in the tower isn't really paying much attention to what's happening inside of the camp.

From Evan's perch, he can see that the two have made into the camp without much trouble. Their position is pretty good so long as nobody actually goes to check behind the tent. He estimates that the next patrol will only arrive in another 3 minutes or so.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

I really shouldn't have let them go alone. Oh well, I guess I'll keep watch from here. This gun ain't made for me, but maybe I can make it work...

Evan gets into sniping position, on overwatch over the others, preparing to shoot whatever target is near if these two mess up.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

Is the tent empty? Does it sound empty?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Get ready to disable the firing pins of the next patrol.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: snores and snipers
« Reply #158 on: July 08, 2016, 03:31:15 pm »

I really shouldn't have let them go alone. Oh well, I guess I'll keep watch from here. This gun ain't made for me, but maybe I can make it work...

Evan gets into sniping position, on overwatch over the others, preparing to shoot whatever target is near if these two mess up.
You get on in a comfortable shooting position, making sure the rifle is steady and you've got room to aim it around. This gives you a nice overwatch of pretty much a third of the camp, including the spot where your two compatriots are hiding.

The gun itself isn't exactly a sniper's wet dream. However, at this distance it might as well be completely silent. The somewhat shoddy accuracy isn't much of problem either, since we're well within 400 meters of the camp. Nothing a man of your skills can't handle.

You set the sight and steady your breath, preparing for whatever might happen.

Is the tent empty? Does it sound empty?

Very carefully, you inch closer to the tent and put your ear to the fabric. Inside, you can hear a steady snoring. At least one guy is having a good night's rest in there.

Get ready to disable the firing pins of the next patrol.
You peek out from around the corner and wait for the next patrol to come around. They round the corner and you slowly duck back behind the tent. You make your way to the other side and peek out again, this time looking at the their backs.

Normally you'd need to touch metal to manipulate it with any kind of effeciency, but firing pins are tiny enough that line of sight and decent proximity should be enough. For dramatic effect, you wiggle your fingers and hope for the best. At first, nothing seems to have happened,  but one of the guys stops and other stops a few steps later.

"hast du nichts hören?"
"Nein, warum?"
"Ich dachte, ich etwas Metallisches gehört."
"vielleicht Erik über seinen Helm wieder auf dem Weg zur Toilette ausgelöst."

The two of them chuckle, and continue on their way, oblivious to the fact that their guns cannot fire anymore.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 09, 2016, 10:09:12 am »

Go inside the tent and see what there is to see. Have my welrod at the ready
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 10:14:57 am by MidnightJaguar »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 10, 2016, 01:03:13 am »

Wait for the others to need sniper support.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: watching you sleep
« Reply #161 on: July 10, 2016, 01:12:20 pm »

Go inside the tent and see what there is to see. Have my welrod at the ready
Somehow managing to do all of this as quiet as a mouse, you quickle moves around the tent and get inside of it before the second patrol arrives. You let your eyes adjust to the darkness and look around, welrod at hand. There's a guy on a cot, sleeping on his back. He's still wearing his uniform, sans boots, and has a book over his face.

The rest of the tent is similarely barebones. There's a second cot, empty. There two trunks, both closed at the moment. You can only assume it holds the soldier's personal belongings. On a small table rests the soldier's weapon, an mp40. On a hook hangs his trenchcoat and a belt with ammo.

Wait for the others to need sniper support.
You ready yourself and wait to provide sniper support. Surprisingly, the Brit manages to sneak into the tent without a hitch. You obviously can't see what's happening inside, but the second patrol passes by the tent wihtout even slowing their step.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 10, 2016, 01:41:41 pm »

Grab the weapon and retreat out the back of the tent. Mess with it's firing pin and then return it back to it's original position.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2016, 04:38:12 pm »

Alexia will stay quiet and change hair and skin color to that of the bacground.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 10, 2016, 04:51:40 pm »

SUPER SNIPER WAITING POWERS ACTIVATE!!!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20