Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: wailing tunnels  (Read 26847 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: wailing tunnels
« on: June 12, 2016, 02:43:32 pm »

June 1943
Somewhere in the USA

You sit in uncomfortable chairs in a dark room. You were led here by men without names and without ditinguising marks on their military uniforms. The speaker who stands at the front of the room is so deep in the shadows that you can only see the silhoutte of a man in a suit wearing a hat. The only bit of light in the room is the beam of the slide projector that is currently putting letters O.P.S. on the wall in front of you. Someone starts speaking, and you can only assume it is the figure in the shadows.

"O.P.S., or the Office of the Paranormal and Supernatural. We usually just call it OPS, it sounds a lot snappier. I'd love to tell you that we're something new that I've dreamed up myself, but the truth of the matter is that this is just the last in a long series of organisations whose purpose it is to keep all the wierd things out of the wrong hands. There have been many before this one, the knights hospitaller, the Hellsings, the order of the silver cross, to name a few."

The slide changes, now showing a map of the world, with a lot of places coloured in like the nazi flag.

"But I fear all of those little organisations are no longer enough. You see, it used to be just a single madman, a group of demon worshippers or a stray king who went looking for what shouldn't be found. But now, we find ourselves at the mercy of a collective effort to gather up all of the things we've fought so desperately to keep hidden. And frankly, each organisation on their own just doesn't have the manpower or resources to stop them. So we've banded together, all over the world, to protect the world from the dark corners it really shouldn't stick its hands into. Make no mistake, we’re not here to win the war. That’s not our duty, let the normal military handle all of that. We’re here for the things that go bump in the night."

The slide changes a few times, showing different scenes. A woman seemingly levitating in the air. A suit, hat and glasses, floating as if worn by an invisible man. A soldier fighting on, despite having a huge hole in his chest.

"And that's where you come in. You’ve been brought here by my associates. My spooks sniffed you out because, wether you know it or not, you possess certain gifts. Something that makes you unique. I realize the methods my spooks used to get you here were'nt always the most enjoyable. I won't apologize for this, however, for the times have made me a desperate man. I am thankful that you've said yes to our proposal to join this team."

The slide projector turns off and the lights on the ceiling blink on, revealing the speaker. He is wearing a dark, striped suit with a hat and tie in the same colour. He is also a skeleton.

"Let's get to know each other before we continue on, shall we? They call me Mortimer, and I lead this branch of the network, just as I’ve lead many before it. So, tell me a little bit about yourself. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask them right now.”

Spoiler: what is this? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 05:53:41 pm by Pancaek »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: O.P.S. : Weird War 2: interest check/sign-ups
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 02:44:24 pm »

Playerlist
Spoiler: AoshiMichio (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MidnightJaguar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stirk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gwolfski (click to show/hide)

Waitlist
Insanegame27
NRDL
crazyabe
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 05:15:15 pm by Pancaek »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 03:27:19 pm »

He is also a skeleton.
Does he have a thing for limbs? Does he love to maim people?

Spoiler: The Sheep (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 12:07:16 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 03:31:37 pm »

He is also a skeleton.
Does he have a thing for limbs? Does he love to maim people?
I don't know, you'd have to ask him.

Also, define "object" for your ability

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2016, 03:37:34 pm »

It would appear as if I have started a trend  :P I will post a char sheet once I get a bit more time.

Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 06:29:06 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 03:41:46 pm »

:P

I didn't define it because I want it to be his primary source of versatility. We could limit it into something he knows. Silver bullets? Check. A lockpick? Check. Assorted tools? Check. Handly knife in case of sudden knife fight? Check. Key for locked door? Nope. Unless he has seen the key used for the lock in question. A kitten? Dunno. Copy of magical ring? I would love to.

I suppose bigger question is how big objects you would let me make?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 03:48:58 pm »

-snip-
I was mostly talking about size, but I realize I worded that wrong. I'm thinking nothing that's alive, has to be something he knows or has held before, and nothing bigger than, say, a small fridge. Alternatively, something bigger but that your character can lift by himself. Does that work for you?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2016, 04:27:42 pm »

It would appear as if I have started a trend  :P I will post a char sheet once I get a bit more time.

I was thinking the same thing  ???.

Sniper incoming!
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2016, 04:31:21 pm »

Sniper incoming!
I'm stupid. Also, I don't come out of the roll to dodge subforum much. Which trend are we talking about?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 04:33:14 pm »

Sniper incoming!
I'm stupid. Also, I don't come out of the roll to dodge subforum much. Which trend are we talking about?

Not sure which one he is talking about ^, but I just made a WWII game the other day  :P.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 04:38:23 pm »

Not sure which one he is talking about ^, but I just made a WWII game the other day  :P.
Ah, I see. And mainpiston is also WWII, kinda. Huh, I didn't even notice.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 04:39:03 pm »

Will do character sheet tommorrow
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2016, 04:51:07 pm »

Spoiler: Evan (click to show/hide)

I have been pretty sparse on my character descriptions lately  :-\.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2016, 04:52:14 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2016, 06:07:42 pm »

Reserved for a Danish resistance viking
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20