Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: wailing tunnels  (Read 26972 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: Stalling tanks and Polish cursing
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2016, 07:48:16 am »

Let's go.

Climb in, acquire keys form Evan, be ready to go

*Hair goes short and brown, eyes return to greyish blue*
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2016, 08:49:02 pm »

"Jeeze, we shoulda just went with a jeep. Tanks aren't stealthy at all, you know."

Evan opens he hatch and throws changy-girl the keys. He then sits down somewhere with a good view of the drivers seat, namely the gunner's seat, and crosses his hands.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2016, 09:04:24 pm »

Bernard finishes his laughing and also gets in the tank
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2016, 04:57:37 am »

Navigator, tell me where to go. We are leaving.

Oh, Evin, a tank is safer because a) it's German, b) they'd probably welcome a tank, c) we've got guns, but c is cancelled out by d)you are the gunner.

Oh damn, we didn't change the serial numbers, did we?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2016, 09:02:32 am »

Navigator, tell me where to go. We are leaving.

Oh, Evin, a tank is safer because a) it's German, b) they'd probably welcome a tank, c) we've got guns, but c is cancelled out by d)you are the gunner.

Oh damn, we didn't change the serial numbers, did we?

"Lets get into the enemies head for a second here. Lets say we where the ones assigned to protect a little archeological dig in the middle of nowhere. Then a tank shows up in the middle of the night, alone, unexpected, and unannounced. Would you throw open your arms and welcome the thing? Or would you at least have your radio man ask what in Sam hill is going on? Now lets say the same tank opens fire on us. If you didn't jump down the well-protected hole and call for backup, then you must be holding something that can handle a tank. This ain't much a plan, babe."

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2016, 01:49:22 pm »

Fine. We'll hide it when we get close.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: Cruising in the desert
« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2016, 02:32:38 pm »

The entire team gets inside the tank. Alexia takes up the driver's position after getting the keys from Evan. Evan takes the gunner's seat, Bernard the loader's position and Alain the radio operator's seat. Alain checks the map and guides Alexia on her way to the dig site.

Alain manages to do a fantastic job reading the map, leading them pretty much straight to the dig side even though there are almost no points of orientation around here. After cruising for a few hours, it's about 30 minutes before midnight when the team approaches the camp. Still debating on how to best use the tank, or maybe even leave it behind alltogether, they stop about 1km away from the camp itself. From where the tank is, all the can see is the guard tower rising up above a hill. If they were to scout on the hill it'self, they would see that the camp below is pretty much exactly how Clark described it.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 30, 2016, 05:06:22 pm »

"Allright, lets stop here. See a rock or something we can hide this rig behind? We can use it as a getaway car, but they'll spot us if we try to get any closer in it. I'll try to help ya, if you just follow my lead we should be able to sneak in without any trouble."

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #128 on: June 30, 2016, 05:39:23 pm »

If we can make the tank look broken, it'll be less suspicious... Maybe open the holes agian? Actualy, that's pointless.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2016, 10:58:06 am »

"We could... scout first?"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2016, 03:12:30 pm »

I agree that we should scout first.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2016, 03:16:16 pm »

"Fine, I'll do a scout run. By myself. I'll get the rest of you when I am done. You got a pair of binoculars for me walking supply depot? Try not to get caught, I'll only take a minute..."

Assuming nobody objects, Evan vanishes into the night and scouts the enemy position.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2016, 03:39:40 pm »

Well he's gone at least. Let's hope he doesn't get us spotted.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2016, 03:42:56 pm »

"I think I have..."

Alain creates binoculars for Evan, after banishing the maid dress that nobody is wearing.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: Scouting party
« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2016, 03:56:01 pm »

Alain creates some binocular for Evan, who grabs them and heads out of the tank towards the encampment. Alexia doesn't seem convinced about his abilities, but she shuts down the tak's engine anyway and waits for his return with the others anyway. The three other members of the team sit in the tank mostly in silence, with only the moonlight providing light through the viewing slits.

Evan, meanwhile, makes his way up the hill overlooking the encampment. He gets on his belly and crawl up so that he can just see all of the encampment, making sure to stay out of the sight of the guard in the tower. Despite on or two times where the tower's search light seemed to be coming his way, his scouting goes off without a hitch. His scan of the encampment relies mostly on the weak moonlight and the lamps strews around the camp to actually be able to see anything. It looks like Clark's info was spot on. The camp consists of a bunch of large tents, surrounded by barbed wire. Points of interest is the checkpoint on the far side of the camp, the AA cannon in the middle, the large tent which seems to be the barracks for the soldiers, A Pz.III that is currently unoccupied, and the guardhouse.

After some scouting, Evan also manages to pinpoint the entrance to the tomb. It's in the tent right next to the guard tower. What tips him off is the fact that, in the half hour he's watching the camp, about 5 soldiers go in in full gear and don't come out again. What really cements it is when an officer in SS uniform enters the tent and doesn't come out again. The officer was accompanied by a bodyguard, a soldier wearing an armored suit with gasmask and red-tinted goggles, and lugging around a heavy machine gun. Something is going on in that tent, and it isn't a birthday party.

Evan gets back to the tank after about an hour, sitting himself down in the gunner's seat again as he brushes some sand off of his clothes.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20