Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: wailing tunnels  (Read 26957 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 0: Supply problems
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2016, 04:57:34 pm »

((Well, nobody said no I guess. So mission 1 is a-go))

So, the three of you grab your gear and don your new clothing. Alkexia and Bernard both grab a Welrod, with 3 magazines of 6 bullets each. Evan takes the Delisle, with 3 magazines of 7 bullets.

They are then lead to a military airplane and buckle in for their trip. A little more than a week passes, the first bit of the journey by plane, then by boat and finally by truck, before they arrive in the British camp in Africa.

As the normal soldiers disembark, they are sperated and taken to a secluded tent on the edge of the camp by a staff sergeant, who identifies himself as one of Mortimer's spooks. He introduces himself simply as Clark, and doesn't speak any more while the group makes their way through the camp. They pass the mess hall and the medics tent where a few British and even a few German soldiers are being treated. They pass the weapons stockpile and the makeshift garage of the mechanized division where they can see a few jeeps, two grants, two crusader tanks and a matilda II.

Once in the tent, Clark takes Mortimer's map and makes some adjustments on it, drawing on the locations of this camp, the next forward camp of the British, their next target and the camp around the tomb.

"All right, lads. Miss. Our next forward camp is about a straight 70km east from here. As you can see, the camp around the tomb is about 25km north-east from there on. The next British target is to the South-east of that camp, so the camp around the tomb isn't on our path. You can Ride with us until the forward camp, but I'm afraid you'll need to make your way to the tomb yourselves somehow. We'll probably be able to spare a jeep once we're at the forward camp, but I can't promise anything.

As for the Tomb, well, you're in for a treat. We were able to get some aerial reconnaissance. It seems like the camp is made around the Tomb entrance, which is basically a mineshaft leading into the ground. The camp is surrounded by barbed wire, with one guard tower in the North-East corner. From what we've been able to tell there's at least 10 Germans there, but we can't know how many were inside or otherwise out of line of sight at the moment the airplanes flew over.

It's not all bad news though. The tomb isn't on our warpath as I mentioned, and the Germans know it. So you can expect the Germans to be relaxed and not too alert. From the pictures it seems that there is only one truck and one Pz.IV in there. There seems to be an AA emplacement on a small hill near the center of the camp, but that's about it for additional defences.

Here's your mission objectives. One: find out what is in that tomb. Two: if it turns out to be magical or otherwise powerful, you are to either acquire it, destroy it, or otherwise make sure it doesn't fall into German hands. And that's it. If you can bring back German intel, I'm sure many people will be mighty thankful and willing to slide some extras your way. Oh, and if you have a shot at any of those special SS bastards, you'd make me a mighty happy man if you could provide some cranial ventilation for him.

That's it for your briefing, any questions before we ride out?"

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: base camp
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2016, 05:20:03 pm »

no questions.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 06:02:25 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2016, 05:24:17 pm »

((By the way, you can also do things around the camp, if you want to. I didn't mention it very clearly, but let's say you still have an hour or two before you have to move out. If you don't have anything you want to do feel free to stay so and we'll skip right ahead))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2016, 05:35:18 pm »

oh, well then Bernard wanders around the base grabbing spare bits of metal such as metal tools and stuffing them into his pockets he uses his metal shaping power to fuse the various bits of metal into one solid lump so that it doesn't rattle around..
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2016, 05:53:17 pm »

Have a look around the medic tent. Mind if I talk to the Germans a bit?
Talk to the Germans. Pretend to be a simple maid, with appropriate appearance.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2016, 06:52:48 pm »

Having nothing better to do, Evan follows Alkexia to see what is going on. Upon discovering that "appropriate appearance" for a simple maid does not, in fact, include a cute dress, he gets bored and relaxes by flirting with the female nurses.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2016, 12:48:34 am »

Look, don't expect me to carry a metric ton of clothes, would you? And the name is Alexia.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2016, 12:53:58 am »

Look, if you *don't* carry around a French maid outfit, how can you expect to successfully infiltrate magic Nazis? And your character sheet in the OP says Alkexia, so that is what you will always be called.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2016, 02:01:39 am »

"May I look around the armory and other equipment?" he says to the sergeant.

Create french maid outfit for Alkexia. I'm not going to suddenly erase it while she's wearing it. I swear.
Memorize the updated map. And observe everything in armory, medical tent and carage. Weapons, explosives, fuel canisters, random assorted tools, morphine bottles, needles, scalpels... everything small enough I can recreate later.

((I could make you french maid dress. I have reasonably seen them before.))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 12:29:56 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2016, 07:22:09 am »

((Do it then. At least some people will be satisfied.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2016, 12:30:37 pm »

((Action edited.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: O.P.S.: Weird War 2: mission 1: french maids and annoyed nurses
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2016, 04:40:02 pm »

((Somewhat hurried update today, because I have my last exam tomorrow.))

oh, well then Bernard wanders around the base grabbing spare bits of metal such as metal tools and stuffing them into his pockets he uses his metal shaping power to fuse the various bits of metal into one solid lump so that it doesn't rattle around..
You walk around, looking for spare bits of metal to collect. Walking past the mechanized division's tent turns out to be a goldmine, because they're hurredly repairing the matilda II which seems to have gotten shot at at some point, and metal bits and pieces are just littering the floor. You grab a bunch of them and use your power. You don't quite manage to make a perfect lump, it's more like the edges of all the bits and bops got fuzed together, but the gaps in between didn't melt together. Still, it doesn't rattle or anything, so that's a bonus.

"May I look around the armory and other equipment?" he says to the sergeant.

Create french maid outfit for Alkexia. I'm not going to suddenly erase it while she's wearing it. I swear.
Memorize the updated map. And observe everything in armory, medical tent and carage. Weapons, explosives, fuel canisters, random assorted tools, morphine bottles, needles, scalpels... everything small enough I can recreate later.

((I could make you french maid dress. I have reasonably seen them before.))
You make a french maid dress for Alkexia, the thing looking horribly out of place in the desert, but whatever. You then go and memorize a whole library of military stuff, making your gm wonder if this power isn't going to be trouble down the line.

Have a look around the medic tent. Mind if I talk to the Germans a bit?
Talk to the Germans. Pretend to be a simple maid, with appropriate appearance.
Dressed in a french maid outfit and taking on the appearance of a stereotypical frnech maid, you enter the medic tent. Unsurprisingly, the medical staff is none too happy with you being there. You do manage to talk to two soldiers who have already been treated. One is British and has bandages on his arm and leg. The other is German, and has a bandage on his head covering one eye and one of his arms is also heavily bandaged.

"That's a right cute outfit you're wearing miss, d'ya mind lifting up that skirt for me?", says the Brit.
["Don't say such things to women, you pig."] Is what you believe the German says in response, approximately. It sounded somewhat angry. But then again  everything sounds angry in German, so you're not sure.
"All right, no need to get upset. Sorry about that miss, Must be the morphine speaking. What's a right lovely lass like you doing in a place like this, anyway?"

((By the way, is your characters name Alkexia or Alexia? Because it says Alkexia in the sheet you posted, but I'm not sure.))
Having nothing better to do, Evan follows Alkexia to see what is going on. Upon discovering that "appropriate appearance" for a simple maid does not, in fact, include a cute dress, he gets bored and relaxes by flirting with the female nurses.
Somewhat saddened that the french maid outfit is in fact decidedly not sexy, you walk over to one of the female medical personnel and try to put your charms on her. She looks up at you with a deep frown and only now do you notice she has her forearms covered in blood and is washing a bunch of medical tools.

"Look here, Johnny boy, I'm real busy amputating limbs and pushing guts back into bodies. So why don't you try barking up another tree?"

Spoiler: gm note (click to show/hide)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2016, 04:46:02 pm »

((good luck with your exam Pancaek))
Thank you kindly chaps I'll be going now.
Extremely pleased with his newfound metal Bernard wanders over to the rest of the team and waits.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 12:17:49 pm by MidnightJaguar »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2016, 07:43:32 pm »

Somewhat saddened that the french maid outfit is in fact decidedly not sexy, you walk over to one of the female medical personnel and try to put your charms on her. She looks up at you with a deep frown and only now do you notice she has her forearms covered in blood and is washing a bunch of medical tools.

"Look here, Johnny boy, I'm real busy amputating limbs and pushing guts back into bodies. So why don't you try barking up another tree?"

Spoiler: gm note (click to show/hide)

First French Maids, now nurses. What will reality ruin next?

"Did you amputate your heart while you where at it?"
Evan puts his own hand to his heart as he says this. "The truth is, mam, I'm just here for my medicine. The doctor prescribed me two girls a day, after dinner." Evan then makes a finger pistol and clicks his tongue while moving it upward.

If she looks away even for a second after he says this, Evan tests out his Stealth skill by vanishing from the tent. Partly to avoid retaliation for that crime-squad grade pickup line (especially considering she is holding pointy objects), partly to get out of the way of legitimate medical emergencies, partly to mess with the nurse's head.

You make a french maid dress for Alkexia, the thing looking horribly out of place in the desert, but whatever. You then go and memorize a whole library of military stuff, making your gm wonder if this power isn't going to be trouble down the line.

((It can already create french maid dresses at will, and erase them with the snap of the fingers. What else does it need to do?))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2016, 11:58:42 pm »

It is powerful indeed, potentially extremely versatile. I try to not play it to its full extend, though getting the potential for it can't be avoided.

See if I can secure ourself a jeep or other means of transportation.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20