Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43

Author Topic: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Game Over- Assassins Partial Victory  (Read 57667 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 8 - What Lies Below
« Reply #540 on: July 18, 2016, 03:26:03 pm »

Uh.

That would have been a nice plan.  Except you just shouted it out to everybody.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: July 18, 2016, 04:38:59 pm »

Well what are they going to do to counter it? If they want to deny the use of the items needed to reach the tomb, they have to search their kills. Additionally, this means at least one person will be confirmed as assassin upon death regardless of what they try to do.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: July 18, 2016, 05:48:34 pm »

*grows extra arm*

*face palms and sarcastic claps at the same time*
~~~
Well, it's simple enough. *tosses pickle into pit, or at Dustan's head, or just gives it to somebody else*.
Like so, mate.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: July 18, 2016, 06:03:59 pm »

Except that wastes a turn they could spend getting away. or in the case of moving in to attack, prevents them from leaving and causes them to be ID'd regardless.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: July 19, 2016, 08:15:39 am »

And I just realized a brilliant plan.
Noting that all except for one of the people I gave pickles to is still alive, we can use that to determine who is assassin and who is not by simply checking if they had a pickle on them from a person they killed, if they kill off someone who received one.
I would've said yes but when I logged in, the phase ended. >_<
...So what's the general plan now? We've one room unmentioned--that being FROM TBF AGAIN. :I (Please do not reiterate this 'I don't know what to do' when the following have been stated repeatedly and consecutively per phase:
> Post the room details you're in.
> Post; entailing you're alive
> BE ACTIVE BECAUSE THIS IS OUR [Explorers] ONLY PHASE TO WORK AT THIS EVEN IF WE HAVE FOUR ACTIONS EACH.)

Persus is N of the Lesser Functionaries room. (Get that rope and get here--I think if, that chasm isn't actually a hidden bridge, it can be used to throw it across. Also search that dead dude. Search everything actually. >_> Doubt anyone can attack you since if such happens--Fallacy is the only one to be implicated [other than a whereever is TBF note].)
Fallacy is in said Functionaries room. Please search down all those sarchophagi.

Others: Search the Danger room--there must be a way on how to learn how the sawblade traps work. (ie If we SEARCH the trap, do we learn more about it, NQT?)

Designated meeting place should be the Danger Room. But it is unlit--does anyone have a majority plan to work this out? We're separated, and most likely (obviously, actually) still against 3 assassins--this is technically LYLO with 2 gun-vigilantes, hopefully.
We have a stabber and a strangler on the loose.

@Persus:
I pick dibs on the Horse/Cat and High Priest :D Will head North.
^ You missed this. :I
I moved to the den then back as part of the evasion plan, then searched the Horse (ahahahaa empty), then moved East only to have myself be poof'd back to the Nexus somehow. Guess someone used an item on me. o_O

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: July 19, 2016, 11:11:27 am »

Searching a trap will tell you something about it without triggering it. Searching something that requires moving past a trap may trigger a trap.

I'll post a map a bit later today when I end the phase.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 2 - What Goes Bump
« Reply #546 on: July 19, 2016, 12:50:12 pm »

Many of the explorers behold fresh mysteries of the tomb while the assassins sneak and plot amongst them.

Puzzle Phase 8

Please send in your four actions to me in the next 24 hours, before Wednesday 6PM BST (GMT+1). If you need a reminder of your inventory or anything else, do let me know.

Spoiler: Possible Actions (click to show/hide)

Here's a map based on the details shared by players in the thread:

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Puzzle Phase 2 - Looting Is Forever
« Reply #547 on: July 20, 2016, 04:39:53 pm »

Discussion Phase 9

You have received your room descriptions. This phase will end in 48 hours at about 10pm Friday BST (GMT+1). You can submit puzzle actions early if you're not going to be around during the puzzle phase.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 05:24:02 pm by notquitethere »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 9 - Unsurprisingly, Dangerous.
« Reply #548 on: July 20, 2016, 05:38:05 pm »

So... I take it griffinpup's dead now?

Hello, Persus! I take it you have the rope?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: July 20, 2016, 09:42:48 pm »

Yeah, I got it. How did you know?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: July 21, 2016, 12:05:20 am »

O...k. Weird stuff happened.
1. I got a pickle.
2. I waited and moved around 3x (didn't search even though I was the one who asked >_< details on traps?)
Danger Room
A damp passage leads east and narrow steps climb up, but the main attraction is the gauntlet run to the imposing Tomb Doors on the far north end. First there's a spinning blade trap, then the tell-tale nozzles of a flame trap, and finally a bottomless chasm, the bridge long since fallen from its two hanging points (far and near).

The dead body of Griffinpup lies here, bruised, shot to death and stripped of possessions.

The dead body of Dustan Hache lies here, strangled to death and vacated of belongings.

The following explorers (known by their nicknames) are here:
Tomasque
Tiruin
TheBiggerFish
So...anticipation seems to be with the strangler, and I can't fathom who is it given that everyone was in range of the target.
Other than the unknown whereabouts of TBF.

Good thing is, we're down to 6 folks, so wild shooting via induction and deduction will help a lot. 2/6, most hopefully.
> Persus
> Fallacy
> Tomasque
> TBF
> Tiruin
> ...Err, wait, that's 5 -_-

5 folks. 2/5, most hopefully. Because it'd be HILARIOUS if it's 3/5, since we're dead by that point :^

So... I take it griffinpup's dead now?

Hello, Persus! I take it you have the rope?
Yeah, I got it. How did you know?
DETAILS. YOU TWO.
Goodness I feel like griffinpup isn't one of the assassins because of it being too convenient--however now knowing that Dustan is strangled (and somehow anticipatedly dead in the Danger Room :/), that his ideas are pretty clear. While I'm of the notice that scum can POSSIBLY strangle their own (albeit very strange), this doesn't feel too good.
Although; Tomasque: Post needed.
TBF: Post needed.
You've posted everywhere else but here. -_-

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: July 21, 2016, 01:11:23 am »

Looting Griffinpup you find visa papers naming her as Mabel Doozbury. On her person you find:

Box of Matches (4) [Set Alight (something)]: A box of matches that have somehow managed to have been kept dry through the wet jungle.

Bottle of Whiskey (11 shots) [Drink / Pour (on something)]: A bottle of strong whiskey, for when the nights get cold.

Pickle [eat]: A single pickle, juicy and piquant.

Teachings of Nak Leth [Read] A stack of closely-written notes on the hidden teachings of Nak Leth. On the cover is an image of Nakleth with his red left eye and blue right eye.

Ritual Knife [Stab (someone)] This stake-like ritual weapon has a sharp point and is covered in ornate carvings.

You examine the blade trap. It's a linked series of savage hooked blades that will spin out and attack anyone passing further into the room. The blades themselves are quite thin.

Danger Room
A damp passage leads east and narrow steps climb up, but the main attraction is the gauntlet run to the imposing Tomb Doors on the far north end. First there's a spinning blade trap, then the tell-tale nozzles of a flame trap, and finally a bottomless chasm, the bridge long since fallen from its two hanging points (far and near).

The dead body of Griffinpup lies here, bruised, shot to death and stripped of possessions.

The dead body of Dustan Hache lies here, strangled to death and vacated of belongings.

The following explorers (known by their nicknames) are here:
Tomasque
Tiruin
TheBiggerFish Bruised

Tiruin: Why does it not show TBF as bruised in your version???
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: July 21, 2016, 01:21:12 am »

Tiruin:Here I am again.

So what exactly...

Hm.  Hm.

I need to check something.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: July 21, 2016, 01:22:21 am »

Why does it not show TBF as bruised in your version???
Mod error.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: July 21, 2016, 01:26:16 am »

So I can probably make ot through the blade trap.  Does anybody have fire resist or a bridge?
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 43