Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43

Author Topic: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Game Over- Assassins Partial Victory  (Read 57685 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Puzzle Phase 7 - A panoply of choices
« Reply #510 on: July 17, 2016, 01:42:16 pm »

No, I am fairly certain item actions are processed, then moves to prevent people from running away so easily. it would result in a stalemate.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 17, 2016, 01:57:26 pm »

I unplugged the pool last turn, then went down this turn.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 17, 2016, 02:11:01 pm »

No, I am fairly certain item actions are processed, then moves to prevent people from running away so easily. it would result in a stalemate.
Not how the game works. When actions conflict, action speed is consulted. The OP specifically cites moving while being actioned as an example of conflicting actions. Tomasque can spend Urgency to get away as well.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 17, 2016, 02:53:46 pm »

NQT: Aren't move actions processed AFTER item actions?
Only when speeds and urgency use are identical.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 17, 2016, 03:40:18 pm »

If anybody else wants to go to the Danger Room another way, there's a downwards staircase in the Tomb of the Lesser Functionaries(the room that is reached through the door to the west in the Snake Den).

So... if Tomasque's telling the truth, we're in the home stretch!
~~~
But there's still so much we don't know about... also, who took the striped snake? You thwarted my adventurer's looting instincts!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 17, 2016, 06:22:31 pm »

If anybody else wants to go to the Danger Room another way, there's a downwards staircase in the Tomb of the Lesser Functionaries(the room that is reached through the door to the west in the Snake Den).

~~~
But there's still so much we don't know about... also, who took the striped snake? You thwarted my adventurer's looting instincts!
Hey fallacy, enjoying that pickle?

Griffinpup, If you do not speak this turn I will attack you until you die. I have every reason to believe you are the strangler now.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 8 - What Lies Below
« Reply #516 on: July 17, 2016, 08:35:34 pm »

Pickle.
Well, that's not something I can fix my lantern with.
So no.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 17, 2016, 09:18:05 pm »

Well, at the very least you have the other item you requested (unbroken glass) So that shouldn't be too big of an issue.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 7 - Those Poor Reptiles
« Reply #518 on: July 17, 2016, 10:18:19 pm »

I am the weird kind, Tiruin. You should know that by now.
Also, since we are running out of people... Would you like a pickle?
I would like a pickle, and I've somehow got transported to the Nexus? O_o

Persus: You searched the horse-headed one. -_- Thanks for wasting my actions. Backing you under my suspect list.
I have a dead cat head now. Not too sure what I'm going to do with it.

I also found a collapsed chamber with a dead NPC adventurer in it.

Tomasque, how did you get to your current location?
Bet you have more.
DETAIL THAT CHAMBER.

GUYS! I FOUND TEH TOMB!

I dislodged the leaves in the deep pool, and underneath was the hallway leading to the tomb!

Good job, NQT. The entrance to the final puzzle was just a room away all along!

Danger Room
A damp passage leads east and narrow steps climb up, but the main attraction is the gauntlet run to the imposing Tomb Doors on the far north end. First there's a spinning blade trap, then the tell-tale nozzles of a flame trap, and finally a bottomless chasm, the bridge long since fallen from its two hanging points (far and near).

The following explorers (known by their nicknames) are here:
Tomasque
Griffinpup
So...griffin was in the Nexus last turn? How did you know that there was an entrance...oh right, update upon action use.

Bad news team, bhk was strangled. Griffin is still alive and far too quiet. Tomasqe, I think you need to run for it.
"Bad news and I don't post about it"
Yeaaaah. Back under the suspect list too :v

HERE'S AN ACTUAL PIECE OF INFORMATION (you passive-aggressive-informative scum -.-))

The Overgrown Nexus
A pentagonal chamber spreads out before you. Here there is a toppled pillar, a heap of vines in front of a passage to the northeast. A scuffed Statue of Nak Leth towers in front of a gaping hole to another room in the north wall. A passage leads southeast to what looks like a Statue Hall. The room is dimly illuminated by the opening back east.

The pool has drained out, revealing a stairway leading down.

The dead body of explorer NQT lies here, strangled to death and turned at an unnatural angle. {Dead by NPC, searched}

The dead body of Zombie Urist lies here, strangled to death, pockets turned out. {Dead by strangler, searched}

The dead body of TheDarkStar lies here, strangled to death, stripped of belongings. {Dead by strangler, searched}

The dead body of 4maskwolf lies here in a pool of his own blood, clothes ruffled. {Dead by bleeding out, searched}

The dead body of BlackHeartKabal lies here, strangled to death, shirt in disarray. {Dead by strangler, searched}

Carved into the floor at various points (randomly ordered):

book
Book
Items: 1 Elephant Gun (already loaded), 3 additional Bullets. Vote for someone to lynch tomorrow and I'll attempt to shoot them.
Miniature Toolkit for deactivating/activating traps.
Old bullwhip, stiff leather cord, makes a great sound.
knife
Broken unlit lantern
Matches (6), Whiskey (12)
Colt 45-70, loaded with six bullets. Deadly.

The following explorers (known by their nicknames) are here:
Tiruin
Dustan Hache

Also excuse me if I punch everyone's excitement bubble but that is NOT THE TOMB ROOM. It is usually a fantasy description of a trap room before the tomb room due to the idea within Hollywood movies that the Pharoah or other high monarch is kept along with his servants and stuff for the underworld and rebirth. And stuff.
But yeah, think of it like Indiana Jones and the HOLY GRAIL wherein there's a trap room therein.
However we can't kneel penitently or sprinkle sand along the way. We use our items that can do such.

Granted, I have something that...I can use to scoop up sand? Hopefully there is sand by the pool.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 18, 2016, 12:04:20 am »

Tiruin, I posted about it as soon as I was on to know it. The fact that my suspicions are true and that our friend griffin is not posting at all should be worrying to you. Isn't it a scumtell if someone is too quiet (or at least a good reason for suspicion due to the fact that they're not actually sharing any information at all, not even vague stuff?)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 18, 2016, 12:19:19 am »

Tiruin, I posted about it as soon as I was on to know it. The fact that my suspicions are true and that our friend griffin is not posting at all should be worrying to you. Isn't it a scumtell if someone is too quiet (or at least a good reason for suspicion due to the fact that they're not actually sharing any information at all, not even vague stuff?)
I meant by your room and details :P
But yes--considering griffin's absence, and that BHK is searched, that would indicate griffin is either REALLY TOO BUSY TO TALK or something's up with him; considering thus far that he's been in the Nexus to know Tomasque's indication, either he's really suspect to details, he may either be in league with Tomasque (do note that either BHK got strangled today or yesterday given the indication of strangling and the # of people left--unless we get details from TBF or Persus; we have Fallacy, me, you, Tomasque, griffin, TBF, Persus, and probably someone else I forgot to amount to 8 folks. Or 9...something something along those lines. Will re-read but given BHK being down AND SEARCHED, the people who are in this area know of him).

Thing is, you posted about it without details and a rather blunt assertion that he's the strangler. That doesn't help THE REST OF US, presuming you are an explorer.

So yeah, however I am of the belief that something is really fishy, within reasonable bounds however.

Considering griffin's absence and prior lack of posts, it's...incredulous to out him like that. He could've done anything but, and he's still silent until now. Considering a Tom/Dust team, and the interactions within my notes, I am to suspect otherwise (either one could be scum, dough.) So either way, griffin could be allied with Tom, or I'm standing in the room with a killer :^

My first move shall be movement anyway, so best try catching me :I
Where in bloody fishie are our gunners!?

But on player advice: Yeah, silence is a good tell. It can be a scumtell, and it can also be an 'entailing' towards a bigger picture in scumhunting.

That's not good.
First post of the day, along with silence in the past days, and this is your only comment? Nothing else to share?

~~~
Please detail the location.
...You can take dead snakes? :v
LET'S TAKE THE SARCOPHAGI (at least the cat one) AND RAM IT DOWN THE TOMBS. THE TRAPS SHALL BE CAST UPON THEIR OWN...COFFINS! HERESY FOR THE WIN. HERESY FOR NAK LETH!
But yeah. Didn't even know you can take items that can be considered portable.
NQT/anyone else, you've a lot to jot down and detail next game you make like this. -_- It is fun but AURGH.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 18, 2016, 02:01:32 am »

The snakes were underlined, therefore you can take them. (Also, I took that striped snake - I guess we both thought it was the most interesting one :P)

Regardless, we need this place down here LIT or we're screwed. Once we light it, we need everyone to go here. Then, if we still need items, we'll send one person out into the tomb to get them.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 18, 2016, 02:17:59 am »

Agreed tomaque, though this brings the risk of being mugged by all three assassins (Which are presumably still alive.) as we group up. Worse yet, said assassins may or may not have a gun, and one of them is confirmed to have a garrote which will instakill one party member. We need to eliminate the most suspicious individuals beforehand. Frankly, if this means I have to take a bullet that's fine, but I want to be sure that griffingoes down with me and that the next quietest (TBF) follows after.

Does anyone object to that aside from the aforementioned individuals?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 18, 2016, 02:54:38 am »

The snakes were underlined, therefore you can take them. (Also, I took that striped snake - I guess we both thought it was the most interesting one :P)

Regardless, we need this place down here LIT or we're screwed. Once we light it, we need everyone to go here. Then, if we still need items, we'll send one person out into the tomb to get them.
Oh my. \o/
We can take things underlined.
Where did I miss that note. :'(

Also, we need ALL PLACES LIT. Eurgh. Everyone bunch up at the danger room and GET IT LIT. That can become our staging ground--although I do NOT want to stay in the same place with 3 other assassins. :v

Agreed tomaque, though this brings the risk of being mugged by all three assassins (Which are presumably still alive.) as we group up. Worse yet, said assassins may or may not have a gun, and one of them is confirmed to have a garrote which will instakill one party member. We need to eliminate the most suspicious individuals beforehand. Frankly, if this means I have to take a bullet that's fine, but I want to be sure that griffingoes down with me and that the next quietest (TBF) follows after.

Does anyone object to that aside from the aforementioned individuals?
Sure.
Also why do you insist they have a gun, or in the least have the prospect of having such?
Personally, the only instance I have of hearing gunshots are from people killing ALL the snakes in the snake den. 2x in a phase, and 1x in the next.

If they had a gun, they'd be kill-happy.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 18, 2016, 03:10:49 am »

It's a mix of paranoia and fear. We don't know who has the second gun, and as such they could be waiting for the best moment to do a TPK on us all if they are assassin. If I remember correctly, we had a general (who is now dead by strangle) who was likely the owner of that aforementioned gun, hence the paranoia.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43