Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43

Author Topic: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Game Over- Assassins Partial Victory  (Read 57881 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: PUZZLE TEMPLE PANIC! - Discussion Phase 2 - What Goes Bump
« Reply #225 on: June 21, 2016, 09:28:41 pm »

So BHK, people asked for matches yesterday.  Why didn't you tell them?
If they want the matches, they can ask right now, and I'll lend them to them. I didn't tell them because it's still a game of mafia. Not smart to claim stuff D1.

But they were asking yesterday, and you an anonymously give items to people. Why didn't you?
I only have one box of matches. I'll give it to whoever has the lantern, because that'll be amazingly useful if it brightens rooms.
i have a lantern but I need to fix it, how about you give them to me the next puzzle phase, I'm going to try disassembling my lantern this time to see if I was smart enough to bring replacement parts.
Well give him the matches tonight, and so whenever the lantern gets fixed he can light it. That way we don't burn a night, because we don't have to wait for you two to communicate.
Turns out that I can give individual matches out, NQT clarified. Alright, I'll give you a match.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 21, 2016, 09:48:26 pm »

If they want the matches, they can ask right now, and I'll lend them to them. I didn't tell them because it's still a game of mafia. Not smart to claim stuff D1.

But they were asking yesterday, and you an anonymously give items to people. Why didn't you?
I only have one box of matches. I'll give it to whoever has the lantern, because that'll be amazingly useful if it brightens rooms.
i have a lantern but I need to fix it, how about you give them to me the next puzzle phase, I'm going to try disassembling my lantern this time to see if I was smart enough to bring replacement parts.
Well give him the matches tonight, and so whenever the lantern gets fixed he can light it. That way we don't burn a night, because we don't have to wait for you two to communicate.
Turns out that I can give individual matches out, NQT clarified. Alright, I'll give you a match.
Do it in an early action so I don't accidently try to light my lantern and not have a match.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 21, 2016, 09:53:56 pm »

Do it in an early action so I don't accidently try to light my lantern and not have a match.
Are both of you in the same room?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 21, 2016, 10:56:15 pm »

Are both of you in the same room?
yes
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 21, 2016, 11:02:18 pm »

"I will spear your quote pyramids because they are unhealthy for browsers."

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 22, 2016, 12:28:27 am »

"I will spear your quote pyramids because they are unhealthy for browsers."

remember, no one knows anything about it if toady asks.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 22, 2016, 12:30:40 am »

More seriously, it looks like we have some night actions planned. Also, is anyone else going to write down items tonight?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 22, 2016, 07:42:14 am »

>_> <.<
How long till day end? I'm REALLY thinking we'll be sitting ducks without a general plan of action here--sitting ducks as in, the goal is to GET SOMEWHERE alive (ie Get to the TOMB which I believe means 'DELVE DEEPER'), or DO DOUBLE U-TURNS (ie Survive w/ treasure and go out--which I guess could also mean "loiter at the first room/Nexus and grab some 'treasure').
On that note I'm unsure :v
NQT: What do ya mean by 'treasure' here? Also is the Nexus part of the Temple? :v
Each explorer will get an improved ending if they manage to survive the temple and escape with an item of valuable treasure

Roo hasn't posted at all--everyone else has. >_>
Seriously wondering if he's the killer since, else I infer, BHK said Roo did some movements (when its impossible to imply that out of the subaction phase end--meaning either he made a subtle slip, or he has an item that...tracks people? Or something :v)
Which would be filler for his 'wait x2' jig. Which would be efficient given that we've little to prioritize in terms of common goals other than 'search action efficiency'.

That said, do we have a list of who's doing what?
I'm searching that Assassin statue in the Statue Room. (then moving around in between rooms just to evade possible bluh's), or if I don't get to hear anyone else doing things, I'm searching all statues :V

More seriously, it looks like we have some night actions planned. Also, is anyone else going to write down items tonight?
...I don't feel confident in writing my actions (because speed :^) so I'm not writing it down. However let it be known that I have no items that can heal/do anything to people and are more interactive with the environment/swap speeds.

Though I do believe we should do that 'safety in numbers'. Tossing a TON of assumptions around, I'm in the belief that the assassin team--since WE HAVE NO WAY OF DETERMINING FLIPS [other than searching them IN THE SAME SUB PHASE if the act-or is a killer/stab stab stab kill-thing], can we pair people up in groups?

Like: All people currently in the setup as of now, shall not do move actions through rooms; search up the Nexus (I believe most of all is cleared; I have stated my action to the Pillar that its area needs more searching), and search up the Statue room.
As far as I recall, TBF and fillipk both have unlit lanterns. They require a match each, BHK. You'd do well to adjust your move orders in whatever pattern because it WILL SUCK if you die. :v (the catch is that crucial people cannot die because we have a problem of linear mechanisms in this game :-\ We don't know if someone will die, and if they do die yet have in need of performing a crucial action--another subphase of 4 actions needs to be spent SEARCHING the corpse [since from my PMs with NQT, we can't know what's on people unless we search em? {inferred from that quote I posted}], and then we've to take items.
Although seeing how NQT-explorer-corpseman's items were auto-identified in dim rooms, I don't think my last sentence is credible as an assumption.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 22, 2016, 08:37:30 am »

>_> <.<
How long till day end?
1.5 hours.

NQT: What do ya mean by 'treasure' here? Also is the Nexus part of the Temple? :v
Valuable items. Gold, jewellery, vases etc.

And yes, the Nexus is in the Temple.

[since from my PMs with NQT, we can't know what's on people unless we search em? {inferred from that quote I posted}], and then we've to take items.
Correct, though searching automatically takes any and all items.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 22, 2016, 08:44:48 am »

[since from my PMs with NQT, we can't know what's on people unless we search em? {inferred from that quote I posted}], and then we've to take items.
Correct, though searching automatically takes any and all items.
I'm betting people will be all 'SEARCH HIS BODY NAO'. [sorry, being silly. DIBS ON DA LEWT.]
Although this also gives an advantages to kill-type peoples. They can commit their attack actions then search the body. o_O

Can anyone report if ZU's body was looted or...? Because checking BHK's report of the Nexus, it...seems it was? My frame of reference is NQT's body (and he pushed up a medkit). I see nothing on ZU in that report.

NQT: Will people's items, if they die within a subphase, be seen automatically at the end-phase-report?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 22, 2016, 08:53:22 am »

NQT: Will people's items, if they die within a subphase, be seen automatically at the end-phase-report?
Ordinarily, no. Usually dead people's items have to be looted from their corpses.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 22, 2016, 09:23:11 am »

Ordinarily, no. Usually dead people's items have to be looted from their corpses.
Hmm, maybe a reword.
Presuming a dim room--do we automatically know if a body has items on it or anything? (Also for curiosity: Can we write on bodies akin to letter B. in 'writing messages'?). What if the room is lit?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 22, 2016, 09:23:53 am »

TheBiggerFish, come to the Statue Hall and heal me tonight. I'll stay here and look around a bit.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 22, 2016, 09:25:56 am »

TheBiggerFish, come to the Statue Hall and heal me tonight. I'll stay here and look around a bit.
You planning to search anything specific or...? We've a sum potential of 40+ actions. Has everything been put under a search order? I've seen nothing in as far as I can reason out that planning searches to items is anything bad.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 22, 2016, 09:29:46 am »

You planning to search anything specific or...? We've a sum potential of 40+ actions. Has everything been put under a search order? I've seen nothing in as far as I can reason out that planning searches to items is anything bad.
Ideally I'd move to the new room northeast of the Nexus, but unless I get healed this phase I'll die, and I'd prefer for that not to happen.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43