Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Mod☼ - Romomon, The Ageless Realms (Multi-race succession world)  (Read 32761 times)

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile

Here’s the save:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12123

For further incentive on this aquifer-and-ferrous-metals-challenged embark, check out the size of that candy spire:     :)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 12:29:05 pm by jimboo »
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Hey jimboo,
I think if you add ".jpg" your imgur links should work.  Nice turn!  Thanks for powering through another run after your laptop crash.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile

Hey, thanks for the catch.  It's not like I started doing anything different, wonder what changed to drop 'em off?  I did play a bit with PhotoShop on a couple, thought I'd outsmarted myself changing their extensions.   :)
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

An (arguably) interesting historical note, jimboo's fortress at KindnessClasped is an outpost not of the powerful local empire, the Slippery Lances, but of another Dwarven civilization called "The Rare Road," who until now have had a very bad time.  They hail from the Goblin Lands in the western part of the main continent. 

edit.  According to my map in the original post, the Rare Road is a Fallen Civilization, on the other hand, according to legends they still have a living king.  Not sure if this has any interesting implications in game.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 01:24:22 pm by smakemupagus »

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile

Interesting, I should have checked the Legends. 

Option B, modified:
Load the save, abandon.  Reclaim as a Lancer. 

I tried that and the fortress proper is in remarkably good shape.  If one shifts the embark a bit to a 3x3 one tile north of the original site, those mountains in the N have limestone in the face, could make for an easier old-school drain of the aquifer.  Stone is heavy but blocks are not, wheelbarrows of bins could quickly make stockpiles.  Or dropping a couple of levels, might finely be actually a good use for a mine cart track.   

A 4x4 embark can actually overlap both the fortress and the stronghold.  Lots of Orcs milling about, I suppose it’s possible to just load up and go attack.  But that crashes the game rather quickly, at least on my machine.  Fun to contemplate, though.   :)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Got it!
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

I'm gonna do the first adventurer...

I'm going to do a Dwarf adventurer and conquer StealHooves.

If I succeed, I'll become lord of StealHooves, or I'll settle somewhere else

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Perfect!  Good luck  8)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

I give you Airith

Her Skills

Who she is and Where she's from

What she looks like

Goals and Personality (Notice her Intense Need to cause trouble

Well, Hip hip hip and away I go, I'll post the first part of my travels tonight... Whats the limit to what I can do as an adventurer?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

No limits as far as I'm concerned, especially if the adventures are interesting.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Well, After waking in a little hamlet to the north-east of Steelhooves, I raided a steel long-sword and set south for the town of...

Hellbones?

Well, after I found no guards in the castle, I did what any good adventurer does,

wait till the lord and the nobles are asleep and walk in and slit their throats. After I dispatched them, I found a crossbow goblin on the wall and had a nice chat (Just to make sure I was still "safe").

Now, I'm on my way to Steelhooves.

EDIT:

Damn. So close, after I turned to walk away, the crossbow goblin shot my ear... Now I'm an enemy of the civ... With a whole bunch of sleeping merchants right outside... I'll be right back and I'll post the kill count

*laughs maniacally as she charges the goblin*

EDIT (Again):

The Fall of Steelhooves:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 09:40:23 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Huh, i sort of thought you'd have some kind of fight on your hands  ::) 

So what's next?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Huh, i sort of thought you'd have some kind of fight on your hands  ::) 

So what's next?

So did I, so I spawned an unnamed dragon, and I killed it in two blows...

Then I looked on my skills screen to see what's up
Legendary Swords
Grandmaster Armor
High Master Shield

On it goes on, I also have over a hundred notable kills.

Oh, and I'm also, apparently, a vampire after I toppled a statue in Hellbones.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 04:37:51 am by TheImmortalRyukan »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

I am curious, what happens exactly when you take over a town? From your description so far it sounds like you just walk up to the clan leader and stab them in the face, is there not more to it?  I was picturing that you would have to raise a warband, or foment a revolution or something.  Did anyone else in the Fortress fight you even after you take out the leader?  What happens afterwards, do all the survivors swear fealty to you and become outlaws or a new civilization or something?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

I am curious, what happens exactly when you take over a town? From your description so far it sounds like you just walk up to the clan leader and stab them in the face, is there not more to it?  I was picturing that you would have to raise a warband, or foment a revolution or something.  Did anyone else in the Fortress fight you even after you take out the leader?  What happens afterwards, do all the survivors swear fealty to you and become outlaws or a new civilization or something?

I was actually kinda disappointed, the citizens were VERY apathetic, I went around boasting that I was their new leader and I killed there clan-leader, and their response?

"I don't really care one way or another"
Or
"It was for the best"

I even made a few of them my hearthpersons

The only "resistance" was the scribe who just said

"This must be stopped!"

Then he would talk to me like a normal person, just spouting off that statement every now and then.

Is that just how orcs roll?

Yo dude I just stabbed the chief in the face!

Oh.. I guess you're chief now Bob.

... Darn

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15