Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Mod☼ - Romomon, The Ageless Realms (Multi-race succession world)  (Read 32751 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!

If you want an adventurer to be able to get in, but nobody, build a 1 tall log/boulder tower with a lever on top. Only adventurers would climb up an pull ze lever
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Well here it is, I was at winter but the game crashed on me, I hadn't saved in over a year...

So, yall just have the bare fortress. Have fun

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12140

I just raged quit, I was soooo mad, sorry.
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Odrozurim is indeed, a striking fortress foundation carved by only a handful of hardworking dwarves into a desolate fire-clay ravine in the badlands meeting the north face of the Crest of Compassion.
Spoiler: pictures (click to show/hide)

Odrozurim was founded by an expedition from a Dwarven civilization called The Equivalent Net. The main thing you all need to know about The Equivalent Net is that they hold an annual crossbow throwing competition. 
Spoiler: "Every year since 60!" (click to show/hide)

The murderous elf vampire Airith Doomedsouls has settled in Latugpradbuub "Stealhooves", although her seat of power is still The Sinful Fortress of The Order of Death in Hellbones.
Spoiler: Airith (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 01:14:30 am by smakemupagus »

twryst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello!
Whose turn is it?
If you guys would be ok with me taking a turn this weekend for my second fort ever in many years, I could try an Orc, dwarf, or succubus fort somewhere in the world?

I very much like the idea of a succession world :D

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Hi twryst,
welcome!

It is in between turns, so the save (in Ryuken's post) is available for whoever is ready to play.  When you're ready just post "GOT IT" and the world is yours for ~3 days.

No problem if it's your second fort in a long time.  Whether you have a modest village or a great fort, or a terrible catastrophe, it can only make the world more interesting :) 

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Odrozurim was founded by an expedition from a Dwarven civilization called The Equivalent Net. The main thing you all need to know about The Equivalent Net is that they hold an annual crossbow throwing competition. 

Hey, you dare mock the ancient art of Crossbow Throwing! Heresy! Tis a noble persuit to strive for the crown of the world's best crossbow thrower

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile

Hey, you dare mock the ancient art of Crossbow Throwing! Heresy! Tis a noble persuit to strive for the crown of the world's best crossbow thrower

This competition is held as a strict martial tradition. During the Battles of Combat, the dwarves ran out of bone arrows. Being too greedy to use metal as ammunition, the marksdwarves resorted to throwing their wooden crossbows at the enemy. As we all know, any thrown item result in ludicrous gibs so it was worthy of creating this celebration.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Eight time-champion Reg Roaddrilled dominated the event in the early '90s, although when he was younger, he crosstrained and was a champion footracer.

But there's a new champ in town!  Actually it's perpetual runner-up Kol Tombstrussed, and it's not clear anyone is competing against him any more.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Aye, this sad but true, the young uns have no respect fur the ancient ways, and the tradition has slowly faded out.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile

Are we still in between turns? 

If the thread goes too long, I'll keep popping back in now and again trying to old-school my way through that aquifer.  As with the famous last words, I have an idea ... 

Does that work for the world?  A group of settlements, some just puttering along with (most likely) the same players, others as single turns of advernturers, other races and so forth?  Eventually, there will be enough sites to have meaningful data on that neighborly invasion trigger, right?
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

twryst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've grabbed the save and plan on starting a succubus fortress this Friday not far from the other forts as a northern outpost of the Purple Hugs. Waiting till friday so I have maximal time to play; I'll need all the time I can get considering how new I am to masterwork DF.

If you'd like to play right now, feel free to step in! but let me know so I can wait for the new save if needed.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile

Oh, a couple of days is no big deal; rules are for no-schedule turn, 3-day max run anyways (something I really hope catches on w/ other community forts).  Smake had an excellent idea for this multi-race world, imo but it’s ☼Masterwork☼ so, maybe a couple of months until some new release tweeks something important enough to start all over?  I just wouldn’t want to see a week or so go by w/o anything to look at, that’s all.   :) 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Jimboo, sure, popping back in to your existing fort for some time would be a fine turn. 

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Jimboo, sure, popping back in to your existing fort for some time would be a fine turn.

Or you could finish mine...

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Got it!
I have a small project in mind, and I'll just play for a couple hours this evening -- it'll be back up tomorrow morning for another player to take the weekend.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 03:11:24 am by smakemupagus »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15