Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: ☼Masterwork Mod☼ - Romomon, The Ageless Realms (Multi-race succession world)  (Read 32756 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

It really shouldn't be OK with them "culturally" -- [ETHIC:ASSAULT:PERSONAL_MATTER], but on the other hand, [ETHIC:KILL_ENTITY_MEMBER:ONLY_IF_SANCTIONED] and [ETHIC:TREASON:PUNISH_CAPITAL], so if you were a member of the entity it should be a high crime.  I'm guessing the game just lacks mechanics to deal with it at this point.

Do you have any experience how other races would react if you did the same thing?  Or with regular world gen towns rather than player Fortresses?

In principle I like the ideas of adventurers conquering sites so I'm quite glad you tried it, but if it's actually both easy and not-fun maybe we should rule it out in the future.  What do you think?

Planning to retire her there as the new clan leader, or move on?  I wonder whether the civ will send forces to try to reclaim the site (assuming your government represents a new entity).

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Offline testing, I can confirm that you can take out the Dwarf Fortress site in the same way.  Even as an orc you can basically walk in the front gate, say hi to everyone and kill one noble in their sleep.  Meh.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile

Yeah, I did that, too.

But both gates are down.  If the fortress is retired with the gates raised and a pet stationed on top of the walls or the hillside as lookout, it might be different for an active site.  It's a shame there were no White Widow spiders available; those make for a great early warning system.   :) 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Lookouts wouldn't matter* -- they don't know that you have hostile intentions, even if you're from a civ with opposing ethics.  Maybe an actual state of declared conflict or war might matter.  Although it seems they didn't attach Airith on sight, even though she had already become an outlaw at Hellbones.

Gates raised, maybe if that state is preserved that could make the site invulnerable (but then also useless as a rest and supply stop to non-hostile adventurers).  Adventurers can climb over the walls, or no?

* i mean, my orcish test assassin waltzed right past all the animals and talked to at least half-a-dozen dwarves about the weather on the way in
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 01:25:33 pm by smakemupagus »

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile

Climbing over walls -- maybe for adventurers with that skill?  -- I'm not sure but in past forts, I've seen invaders (and animals) come over the walls if there were overhanging tree branches.  Those fort walls had up/down stairs inside to man the walkway battlements, tho'. 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

I'm gonna keep going. Then I'm gonna spend the last day building my own fort... Can I have Saturday as an extension, since I'm off?
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

I'm planning a Helm's Deep-esqe citadel.

Gonna pull an all-nighter Friday and into Saturday. I hope I finish :D

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile

Lookouts wouldn't matter* -- they don't know that you have hostile intentions, even if you're from a civ with opposing ethics.  Maybe an actual state of declared conflict or war might matter.  Although it seems they didn't attach Airith on sight, even though she had already become an outlaw at Hellbones.

Gates raised, maybe if that state is preserved that could make the site invulnerable (but then also useless as a rest and supply stop to non-hostile adventurers).  Adventurers can climb over the walls, or no?

* i mean, my orcish test assassin waltzed right past all the animals and talked to at least half-a-dozen dwarves about the weather on the way in
Climbing over walls -- maybe for adventurers with that skill?  -- I'm not sure but in past forts, I've seen invaders (and animals) come over the walls if there were overhanging tree branches.  Those fort walls had up/down stairs inside to man the walkway battlements, tho'. 
Adventurers could make a running jump through two Lines of Fortifications, While as far as I know nothing else can do that.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile

posting to watch, mainly so I know when the save is up. I'm thinking succbi, though I doubt I will have the time to build a huge palace
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Sounds good endlessblaze!  You can always build the foundations of a palace and come back to it a second turn.  It would be good to get some outposts spread around the map, currently the succubi are out in the hinterlands a bit.

TheImmortalRyukan, how's the Deep coming?

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile

Sounds good endlessblaze!  You can always build the foundations of a palace and come back to it a second turn.  It would be good to get some outposts spread around the map, currently the succubi are out in the hinterlands a bit.

TheImmortalRyukan, how's the Deep coming?

Sorry, parents shanghaied me into going to a cookout in the middle of nowhere, just got back, gonna do a little tweekung on the fort, then I'll upload it after work today.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

Alright, That's cool, family time is important :)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile

I added some discussions to the 2nd post regarding things we've discussed/learned so far re: DFHackery, Embark Anywhere, attacking player sites, etc.  Since this continuous world with opposing factions is not a super-common kind of succession game I am not sure what the etiquette should be, or if actual new rules are needed, so please chime in if you like. 
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15