Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Spiders, Spiders everywhere  (Read 29050 times)

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Spiders, Spiders everywhere
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2016, 10:21:43 am »

Tak beer. Drink.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2016, 02:26:22 pm »

(Still just lying. By the way please protect me if something happens until I'm back.)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2016, 05:54:16 am »

I am twolegs, idiot narrator. You speak as if I am a filthy hairy fourlegs.
You yell and curse yourself for your mental misstep and spend some flight time tryingto figure out a proper description for the bald monkeythings that make s o much hey! is that a shiny? It is! It IS A SHINY!

My names Korvash mate, and you what sort of name does a talking bear have?

Hand Varion a short sword and pike from the pile Korvash looted earlier and take his healing supplies.

Want to trade weapons for healing supplies mate? I'd rather have someone who knows what they are doing using them.

((Filthy? Funny to be called filthy be an eater of trash and vermin.))
All our injuries seem to have been tended to, comrade. I could use a beer, if you have any left.
((Racism and speciesism logic need not apply))

Looking at his companions Korvash hoped they were better at fighting then they looked other wise is would be just him and the bear then searched the room for weapons that may of been left for them

((OOC I just looked at the other characters the bard bear looks like an awesome character concept))
You find a couple of pikes and short swords, clutched in the hands of several dead men in livery, lying on the floor, eyes wide, skn a sickly green (not a natural color for their race) and froth at the corners of their mouths.
((Where the pike and short sword come from))
Pike and short sword transferred. thanks for the citation

Give the guys their healing stuff. Take the pike and short sword and head in, if pike has a spear tip equipe pike first, any axe ends down at the ground try and find and spiders I can finish off at range
Healing supplies transferred.

Okay, now here's where you are. You have the pike in your hands. It is, essentially, a very long spear. Yo uare in a wide open room, which is littered with dead spiders, dead spider bits, some human corpses, and your fellow adventurers, one of whom is laying on a door, which is sloped at 45 degrees, and obviously is covering a set of stairs which leads down. you'd have to wrestle the sick bear off the door, remove the pile of debris and dead things from the base, and open the massive thing in order to go down there. behind you is the door out into the courtyard. Yo0u press against it, only to discover that it, too, is immobile. it's as if someone locked that one from outside, which is weird, considering that they are designed to be locked from inside. The last option, an option that the lizard man has already tried just before you got here, isup a flight of stairs along the side of the room. You look up there, only to see another door shut. The lizard man warns of spiders beyond. if you want, you can fling that door open and dash in, stabbing with the spear. Not a lot of wiggle room on the stairs for the pike though - they are designed to be used in the open, in masses of infantry, rather than indoors, around tight corners. You can still do it, of course.

to recap, three exits from the room: a door to the basement with a bear on it, a blocked door to outside, and a stairway up to spiders and doom.

Now, all that said, your companions are trying to rest up from injuries, and this action will likely invite spiders back into the room you are in. Want ot do that, or just wait a round so everyone can sleep and start the battle more fresh in the morning?

Tak beer. Drink.
Glug Glug motherfuckers. Now, THIS is adventuring!

(Still just lying. By the way please protect me if something happens until I'm back.)
this, too, is adventuring, sadly enough.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2016, 06:01:02 am »

Loot all the dead human corpses and wait, work on clearing the cobwebs from the room
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2016, 06:07:21 am »

Loot all the dead human corpses and wait, work on clearing the cobwebs from the room
Okay. Everyone good with time skipping to the morning so our undead can undie and our wounded can recover a touch? If so ( and spaz, you have looted the best stuff from the corpses already), go ahead and post your "It's the next morning, let's kick some monster ass" posts. Loki, I believe yo uowe me a stat loss for the tempdeath. Pic ka stat and I'll knock it down a point. then get up and break stuff.

Edit: I hope that didn't all sound overbearing or anything. I just wanted to clear up some apparent confusion. Also, I keep using words with 'bear' in them and I keep wanting to make horrible puns.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 06:10:06 am by Ozarck »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2016, 06:17:25 am »

Time skip time spent chatting around the fire and drink beer till we all go to sleep

So shall we go upstairs and see what useful items can be found while fighting spiders or downstairs and continue fighting spiders along with what ever scared them with no chances of good loot. I say we go upstairs and at least get some loot as well as make sure nothing can ambush us from behind
draw sword (leaving the pike behind) for close in work and take point in which ever direction the group votes
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2016, 02:18:26 pm »

Yeah, time skip.
((I guess I lose a stat in dexterity. Or can I lose a skill stat in that case I would rather lose a point in sharp weapons. Do I get some extra abilities because I survived? Or not?)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2016, 02:20:09 pm »

Next morning, enter room pike at ready, have short sword also ready incase any get close. stabby stab stab the spiders. if spiders get with in reach of pike, drop it and switch to  sword
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:31:06 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2016, 02:29:51 pm »

Timeskip spent doing a farseeing ritual to scan the keep why not.
Mostly scanning for things that are shiny and/or tasty.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2016, 03:24:12 pm »

Time warp. Examine my injuries and assess my overall readiness for combat. Afterwards, head upstairs with everyone else.
We should head up. A demon stands between us and the lower spiders. No such obstacle stands between us and their higher brethren.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 04:30:23 pm by AkumaKasai »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2016, 03:27:46 pm »

Upstairs then. I'll head with you guys, I think we best stick together. one of loots while the rest protect.I volunteered protecting.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2016, 03:42:13 pm »

We must kill the spiders first. Looting can wait until the spiders are dead.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2016, 03:43:42 pm »

Fair enough, anyone want a pike?
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2016, 09:27:57 pm »

Time skip time spent chatting around the fire and drink beer till we all go to sleep

So shall we go upstairs and see what useful items can be found while fighting spiders or downstairs and continue fighting spiders along with what ever scared them with no chances of good loot. I say we go upstairs and at least get some loot as well as make sure nothing can ambush us from behind
draw sword (leaving the pike behind) for close in work and take point in which ever direction the group votes
Upward it is, since one person mentioned it. You throw open the door and great the first spider your wsee with a sword to the gut. it slumps off and you continue forward, slashing and hacking like the hack and slasher you are.

Next morning, enter room pike at ready, have short sword also ready incase any get close. stabby stab stab the spiders. if spiders get with in reach of pike, drop it and switch to  sword
You stab and slash, adding your violence to the mix. You soon get your pike lodged, having run it trhough one spider and into another, so you drop it and whip out your short ... sword. You wave that little poker obscenely at everything that moves.

Time warp. Examine my injuries and assess my overall readiness for combat. Afterwards, head upstairs with everyone else.
We should head up. A demon stands between us and the lower spiders. No such obstacle stands between us and their higher brethren.

you'll be fiiiiiiine. it only hurts a little bit. It barely keeps you from seeing straight at all. You go up. the other two manage to do most of the work, so you satisfy yorself wit hteh occasional swipe at a straggler, or finishing off a wounded spider here and there.

Before long the three of you have cleared the upstairs.
Yeah, time skip.
((I guess I lose a stat in dexterity. Or can I lose a skill stat in that case I would rather lose a point in sharp weapons. Do I get some extra abilities because I survived? Or not?)
Dex point lost. Actually, you already have -2 in dex. you'll become an immobile statue if you try that. And no, you lose a stat point, not a skill point. No extra abilities at the moment, but you will have concussive magic along with drowned magic after this mission. Sorry, death is to be feared, even if it is too be embraced. Anyway, once you decide on a stat point, you will awaken in the room, which is currently empty of your teammates, with the door down blocked, and the sounds of battle above.

Timeskip spent doing a farseeing ritual to scan the keep why not.
Mostly scanning for things that are shiny and/or tasty.

You find ... spiders above and below. A couple have crawled out onto the keep walls, like the one that almost ate you. You don't find anything interesting though. Unfortunate.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2016, 09:38:13 pm »

That went well

Loot looking for weapons and armour
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 28