Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20

Author Topic: Gods of Creation IC  (Read 29037 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation IC
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2016, 02:27:59 pm »

My fellow, divines. I would like to propose that we create a universal source of food for our creations, one plentiful and nutritious, so that none will go hungry. I estimate it would cost more than 30 units of our power to spread enough of it over the continent that all our creations will have food. The more power invested the better really. I hope that you will all join me in creating it.[/color]

Spend 10 points creating omnifruit trees all over the continent

Omnifruit Tree:
These hardy fruit trees can grow in all but the most extreme climates present on the world, thriving in deserts, swamps, grasslands, forests, tundras etc., and bears fruit that contains all the nutrients the seven races require, as well as being tasty. These trees grow as quickly and easily as weeds, requiring little to no care and spreading quickly, and being resilient to harm and very resistant to blights and diseases. Perhaps their greatest feature is that their fruit will never spoil, even when plucked. Their leaves form a dense cover that will protect from rain and sun.

"Om, While I greatly admire Your Creation, I am somewhat concerned about the Wisdom of Creating Omnifruit Trees. If Food is so readily available for Mortals they might fall into Decadence and become Weak through the lack of Hardship. Purity and Order come only through Hard Work and Diligence, and Your Omnifruit Trees would remove all Mortal desire for Ascendance."

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2016, 02:40:59 pm »

Berail remains patiently offering his gift. The mad god is the only one willing to take on this forsaken land? Perhaps this is not the powerful pantheon I thought it to be.

"Mighty Berail, I accept Your Offer of a Continent, as much as it Pains me to align my Ambitions with Xenraft. The Vile Sea Beast has Marred the Sanctity of our World, and what little Taint of Evil remaining on Your Continent pales when compared to the Monster's Evil. The addition of a New Continent will serve to Better our World, and will render it less Vulnerable to the Monster in the Depths of our New Oceans. Of course, Adequate Precautions will be taken in the Future to ensure that Your World's Fate doesn't extend to ours, You understand."

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2016, 02:50:13 pm »

My fellow, divines. I would like to propose that we create a universal source of food for our creations, one plentiful and nutritious, so that none will go hungry. I estimate it would cost more than 30 units of our power to spread enough of it over the continent that all our creations will have food. The more power invested the better really. I hope that you will all join me in creating it.[/color]

Spend 10 points creating omnifruit trees all over the continent

Omnifruit Tree:
These hardy fruit trees can grow in all but the most extreme climates present on the world, thriving in deserts, swamps, grasslands, forests, tundras etc., and bears fruit that contains all the nutrients the seven races require, as well as being tasty. These trees grow as quickly and easily as weeds, requiring little to no care and spreading quickly, and being resilient to harm and very resistant to blights and diseases. Perhaps their greatest feature is that their fruit will never spoil, even when plucked. Their leaves form a dense cover that will protect from rain and sun.

"Om, While I greatly admire Your Creation, I am somewhat concerned about the Wisdom of Creating Omnifruit Trees. If Food is so readily available for Mortals they might fall into Decadence and become Weak through the lack of Hardship. Purity and Order come only through Hard Work and Diligence, and Your Omnifruit Trees would remove all Mortal desire for Ascendance."
Adversity comes in many forms Zelthen. Monsters, such as the one even now lurking at the bottom of its sickening ocean, is one form, as is wild animals, sickness, epidemics, injury, mental illnesses, unrequited love, extremes in temperature, natural disasters such as earthquakes, hurricanes, wildfires, floods, and of course, wars. I could go on for quite a while. I merely wish that my creations have one less thing to worry about, that they need not fear for where they will find their next meal. Surely, this alone will not cause all to fall into depravity and indolence. I have a bit more confidence and trust in my creations than that, and hope you have in yours as well.

Berail remains patiently offering his gift. The mad god is the only one willing to take on this forsaken land? Perhaps this is not the powerful pantheon I thought it to be.

"Mighty Berail, I accept Your Offer of a Continent, as much as it Pains me to align my Ambitions with Xenraft. The Vile Sea Beast has Marred the Sanctity of our World, and what little Taint of Evil remaining on Your Continent pales when compared to the Monster's Evil. The addition of a New Continent will serve to Better our World, and will render it less Vulnerable to the Monster in the Depths of our New Oceans. Of course, Adequate Precautions will be taken in the Future to ensure that Your World's Fate doesn't extend to ours, You understand."
I ask you reconsider. Two wrongs do not make a right. One beast, we might still deal with easily enough through our combined powers. Whether to imprison, slay, or create cheap prey for it to feast on. An entire continent is an entirely different matter.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 02:59:18 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2016, 03:01:30 pm »

. I agree with Zeneth. While I agree that our people should have some resources to help them I don't think it's wise to give them such an easy access to food. They will grow complacent and lazy without this powerful drive, or even worse they could turn arrogant. Desire is the fuel of development. So, please keep your trees far away from my people. 
Adversity comes in many forms Zelthen. Monsters, such as the one even now lurking at the bottom of its sickening ocean, is one form, as is wild animals, sickness, epidemics, injury, mental illnesses, unrequited love, extremes in temperature, natural disasters such as earthquakes, hurricanes, wildfires, floods, and of course, wars. I could go on for quite a while. I merely wish that my creations have one less thing to worry about, that they need not fear for where they will find their next meal. Surely, this alone will not cause all to fall into depravity and indolence. I have a bit more confidence and trust in my creations than that, and hope you have in yours as well.
Om, none of this are needs, they are troubles.They can happen or not to a single individual to a varyiing degree. But hunger is one of the most basic needs of mortals, equal only to their drive to reproduce. If you take the hunger away, they lose half of their motivation.
So Asteros began to shape his peace of land. He created tall mountains, a long mountain range spawning his entire region. In the mountains there are also the origins of many rivers, which make the land below and the lower altitudes a tropical jungle. Since the mountains are so high, hower, the caps are always covered in snows. Right at the centre of it the biggest mountain is actually an active volcano, that makes the land around  it both fertile and dangerous.
I like you idea of a special tree Om but i'm going to put my own spin on it. . Then, when the Earth has became habitable he proceeds to create the Star Tree which will thrive in the valleys and at the base of the mountains.

Star Tree: Sturdy tropical trees which produces nutrient and very tasty flowers. They are quite tall and have a smooth trunk, so it's difficult to reach the flowers without flying. The trees produce flowers and reproduce all the year but each tree bloooms only for a brief time. Thus it's important to keep track of the time with great accuracy to really profit from them. Their branches are also covered in thorns and they are quite slim, so they agitate a lot during windy days, requiring agility, coordination and perception to get flowers without getting hurt.

However the Star lord was still unsatisfied. He decided to create another plant, a plant more directly involved in the spiritual Enlightenment. He created the Sky Moss
Sky moss:it's a hallucinogen moss that lives only at high altitudes, especially in volcanic zones.When eaten it creates powerful hallucinations that reflects the deepest fears and desires of the individual, often in a symbolic form. It does not create dependecy, on the contrary the experience is often scarring, but those who eat it can gain a precious insight on their souls.
In the end he spoke to the demigod;Weirdly enough, i allign myself with my divine collegues. i'm sure your people will bring many challenges with them and with challenges comes the opportunity to learn..

Shape my region
Create the Star tree
Create the Sky moss
Accept the demigod offer.
In that order.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 03:17:55 pm by Leonardo8 »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2016, 03:23:32 pm »

Om, none of this are needs, they are troubles.They can happen or not to a single individual to a varyiing degree. But hunger is one of the most basic needs of mortals, equal only to their drive to reproduce. If you take the hunger away, they lose half of their motivation.
Food is not a need, it is a fuel. Fuel that powers the flesh-machines of our creations as they go about doing something actually worthwhile instead of wasting all their time dodging thorny branches.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2016, 04:47:04 pm »

Food is not a need, it is a fuel. Fuel that powers the flesh-machines of our creations as they go about doing something actually worthwhile instead of wasting all their time dodging thorny branches.

"Om, I beg to differ, the Gathering of Food is an instinctive need for a Mortal, without that Humbling experience, Mortals will grow Arrogant."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2016, 04:58:29 pm »

actions (in order of importance)
>Land eels
>carve out a spare region's worth of space under the continent once the surface has cooled
>create some form of edible moss
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2016, 06:10:55 pm »

As The Shining One gazes at the Continent the Divines have Formed, He notices that the Northern Portion of the Continent is very frigid and hostile to Life, Zelthen looks up above the World and Speaks to the Divines. The Void itself seems to brighten, for a flicker of a moment.

"I claim the Northernmost Portion of the Continent as My Own. As I spent Seven Influence Points to help bring the Continent into existence, I feel that this is my Right. If any Divines have reason for complaint, I would enjoy hearing them."
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:29:38 pm by Ardent Debater »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2016, 06:26:11 pm »

ye just go an' do that, ye over grown light bulb. perhaps I should send out an ad for yeti's and Ice monsters... he definitely needs some form O room mate...
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2016, 06:26:28 pm »

« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:38:38 pm by crazyabe »
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2016, 06:30:28 pm »

(?)

((OOC: I edited my post to avoid confusion.))

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2016, 10:37:25 pm »

Actually Berails gift was already accepted by me before the shiny one.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 10:53:55 pm by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2016, 10:56:47 pm »

And as I have spend all my power for the creation of the continent I would want my share, but I will allow Zelthen to form the land if he allows me to as an addition put my people there.
Garix looks at Xenraft and starts speaking with a deep and cold skeletal voice.
I ask you to share the underworld with me as I need a place to keep the shadows and undead without harming the over world. If you agree I shall help you with forming the caves.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 11:45:30 pm by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2016, 06:49:22 am »

I think tha' would be Agreeable.
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2016, 08:29:25 am »

And as I have spend all my power for the creation of the continent I would want my share, but I will allow Zelthen to form the land if he allows me to as an addition put my people there.
Garix looks at Xenraft and starts speaking with a deep and cold skeletal voice.
I ask you to share the underworld with me as I need a place to keep the shadows and undead without harming the over world. If you agree I shall help you with forming the caves.

The Shining One stops watching the snow of the North for an eternal minute to respond to Garix.

"Fellow Divine, Your Inax are Warlike, Full of Conflict, their Blood-lust makes them Unclean. I see that there could never be peace between the Inax and the Luminites. However, You spent more Influence to create this Continent then I did, and the Mortal conflict will allow the Luminites the chance to prove themselves, for these reasons, I will allow You to place the Inax in the North, but  be warned, the Luminites don't usually make for good neighbors."

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20