Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20

Author Topic: Gods of Creation IC  (Read 29048 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation IC
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2016, 12:37:15 am »

"Option 1 sounds good, interesting to see actual life walking around."
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2016, 12:53:34 am »

"Option 1 sounds good, interesting to see actual life walking around."
We can create life next later. I didn't contribute my power to make life, but a continent
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 12:55:22 am by Demonic Spoon »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2016, 12:58:01 am »

"Om statement is undeniable. The utmost priority of this plan is to create the largest continent we can pull off. Life will come later and can wait for now."

Continent Contribution :
Om: 3 points
Nix: 5 points
Triniteus: 10 points
Aseros: 6 points
Zelthen: 7 points
Garix: 10 points
Total: 41 Points

Milestone Reached.

>Create New Continent (40). Use the remaining (1) to create a marble tablet with every participating gods name on it. If applicable, make it very hard to destroy.

New Nameless Continent :
-Divided in 7 regions.
-Center region will contain the Marble Tablet*damn typo.
-Each participating God will be allowed to shape a region of its choice, and give it a name.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 01:12:47 am by Nakéen »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2016, 01:10:59 am »

"Om statement is undeniable. The utmost priority of this plan is to create the largest continent we can pull off. Life will come later and can wait for now."

Continent Contribution :
Om: 3 points
Nix: 5 points
Triniteus: 10 points
Aseros: 6 points
Zelthen: 7 points
Garix: 10 points
Total: 41 Points

Milestone Reached.

>Create New Continent (40). Use the remaining (1) to create a marble tablet with every participating gods name on it. If applicable, make it very hard to destroy.

New Nameless Continent :
-Divided in 7 regions.
-Center region will contain the Marble Table.
-Each participating God will be allowed to shape a region of its choice, and give it a name.

I give up my privilege of shaping a region

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2016, 06:58:44 am »

Then *I* will take your region!
I invest 1 intervention point into that continent <19 remain>
Then I pay for that overgrown gold fish to get thrown in the mix. <5 remain>
Finally I point out that tablet would be either an artifact or a landmark and thus cost <10> minimum
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2016, 07:36:54 am »

As the fish monster has been released I accept Berails gift. Let's see whats on it.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2016, 08:27:11 am »

The angel addresses the pantheon: It would not be possible for me to guide more than one race as a whole. Through my best and unclouded judgement, I will guide a race towards the truth, whatever that truth may be. But as a free actor in this world, I wouldn't be limited to simply affecting that one race. Especially when influential heroes emerge in the world. Does this knowledge change either of your responses to my request?

I assumed that, i just wanted to be sure. Very well, i'll leave you to Om's care.The Chosen Ones among my people will gain your attention the hard way, as it should be, trough their unwavering research. Yes the more i think about this arrangement the more i like it.

Then he turns to  Triniteus.
I think that's a good idea. I have got some ideas already.I''ll take a region near the equator.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2016, 11:13:57 am »

Turn 2

And so the gods invested their power in their fellow Triniteus so that he may place land within the void. A total of 40 intervention points was used in the creation of the continent. The continent itself was large enough to house four separate regions. Yet as of now it is a barren land of rapidly cooling rock and divine energy. In almost no time the continent will solidify and life can be placed upon it. At the center of the continent a single white tablet remains unaffected by the fiery act of creation. Upon it is written the names of the gods who brought this world into being.

I Ryalliph am privileged to enter in this world and guide the Tortons in search of the truth in all forms that it may appear in. Ryalliph is then transposed into the world through Om's power. He watches as the molten continent rapidly takes shape into a blank canvas for the art of creation.

The golems after denying Zelthen's request to guide them watch the creation of the world. Their leader speaks. That down there is us. It and us are the same. Is there not one of you who allow us to enter this world and care for the stones and the mountains as we were born to do?

The monstrocity remains in your domain. It exudes an aura of intense hunger that you, and all those in the vicinity, find gut-wrenchingly sickening. Those that are capable of vomiting have difficulty not doing so. Those that can look upon the beast can observe what can only be described as unworldly salivation.

Berail remains patiently offering his gift. The mad god is the only one willing to take on this forsaken land? Perhaps this is not the powerful pantheon I thought it to be.

Two new requests are presented before the pantheon.

The first is a lesser demon. The demon is humanoid in shape with dark red, almost black, cracked skin. A hot red glow peeks out of the cracks in the demon's skin. Atop its head are two curling demonic horns. It wears a black cloth across its lower body and carries a staff of obsidian. I am the demon Pherse, a denizen of the Shatter Waste. I am a demon of minor power, and pose no danger to your fledgling world. This I assure you. As far as hell is concerned, I am a small fish in a big pond. No offense to present company. I seek safe passage into this world in order guide a race in pursuit of fire magics. Like all demons, I am unabashedly vain, and have no trouble telling you I deserve the devotion and fear of mortal men. This is my desire, to enter this world and gain a following of mortals that I educate in the way of magic, and who in return will fear me and satisfy my need for attention.  In order to bring Pherse into the world 6 points are required.

The second comes from a wandering mage. For a mortal to leave their own realm and find their way here is no small feat. She appears to be a human somewhere in her late 20s with orange iris's and blue hair. I thank ye gods for seeing me. I come to you selling two creatures you may find interesting. Your world is without life, and so here I am to offer you life to jump start your realm. The first creature is a long land eel. It averages three feet long in middle age, but they could grow as large as five feet given the right conditions. These eels have short legs and lungs which makes them well suited to life on land. They capable of being tamed, but their feisty nature will never be completely suppressed. Wild populations would even be a good source of food for your people.
My second creature is more plant than creature. The Toadcroak bush is a type of animate shrub. It is best observed in winter when it hibernates, it looks simply like a wooden toad. During spring it grows branches and leafs until it resembles a bush. Then it begins to slowly move as it so desires. In summer it has a plentiful crop of tadpole berries. This creature however is slow growing and may wither in captive conditions.
I could part with my population of Land Eels for 3 influence points. The Toadcroak bushes will cost seven influence points. Each population is enough to immediate populate a whole region.
[/i]

Player Inventories
Spoiler: Om (Demonic Spoon) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nix (NRDL) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Triniteus (Nakeen) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Asteros (leonardo8) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xenraft (Crazyabe) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Garix (snowdwarf) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Free Actors (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Landmarks/Objects (click to show/hide)

((Someone is getting ahead of themselves.))
-snip-
Then I pay for that overgrown gold fish to get thrown in the mix.
-snip-

Xenraft uses 14 points to squeeze the monstrosity into the world. The monster lets out a a gleeful gurgling roar as it feels the mad god's power squeeze it through the space between world. It enters through a rift above the new world and lets out a roar that shakes the new world to its infant core. From its distended belly the beast regurgitates water continuously in a disgusting and putrid spectacle. The amount of water that comes from the belly of the beast is not only sickening, but also confusing and incomprehensible as there is significantly more water being released than that could have been stored within the monstrosity. The world fills with water and the beast falls from the sky in an almost graceful dive and plunges into the new ocean. There in the depths it waits for prey to enter the world.

A sickening addition to a world which has yet to begin. There is no greater sorrow than this, that the first life to enter this realm is this wretched abomination of a sea beast.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 11:17:30 am by Roboson »

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2016, 11:35:40 am »

The Leader of the Golems steps forward to speak on behalf of his tribe. He is composed of a tough brown stone and is regal in stature. Shining Zelthen I cannot accept your offer. You are like solid pyrite, shiny and hard. Yet you misinterpret the mountain. Look upon the mountain and see it is not one, but it is composed of many. It has hard aspects, and yet it has soft aspects. It may hold within it both diamonds and talc. You seek only the diamonds, not the softer materials. Yet to be composed of only diamonds means to hard, heavy, and unbalanced. If we are to enter this world, it must be with the same freedom as the rock itself.

The Shining One speaks to the Golem Leader with the utmost Respect, and the Earth itself grows still for only a flicker of a moment, yet seeming to last for an eternity.

"Child Of The Rock, Know this, The Diamond is the Purest of all Stone, and the Lowliest of Coal can become as Pure in Time. I do not approve of Your decision, but I accept it. I can only Hope that You and Your Kin will one day Ascend to become Pure in all things. If You change Your Minds, You may Openly contact me."

Upon observing the Sea Monster, Zelthen becomes enraged, He raises His Sword towards Xenraft and bellows in Fury, the Waters of the Ocean still, and the Fires of the World's Creation Blaze Brighter.

"YOU DARE SUMMON THIS ABOMINATION WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF THE ONE WHOSE INFLUENCE YOU USED? HAVE YOU NO SHAME!?! THIS WORLD SHALL BE CORRUPT AS LONG AS THIS UNHOLY WRETCH DRAWS BREATH! THIS OCEAN OF YOURS SHALL BE FILLED WITH THE CARCASSES OF ANY LIFE WE WOULD PUT IN IT! MARK MY WORDS, SO LONG AS THIS CREATURE EXISTS THE LIVES AND PURITY OF OUR CREATIONS IS IN JEOPARDY!"

The Shining One calms down, and speaks again, in a quiet and more measured tone.

"In The Coming Eons, You Shall come to regret Your decision."

Zelthen seems to vanish in a Flash of Otherworldly Light that is gone as soon as it is seen.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 11:52:42 am by Ardent Debater »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2016, 11:58:18 am »

"Om having willingly gave up his privilege over a region, the region remains unclaimed. If Om accepts, Xenraft will be free to take upon the region. If not, I will let the land shape itself in the way it prefers."

Triniteus then appears before the Golems.
"Pardon me for not answering your calls children of the rock. Your kin is akin to my people, although different, I fell an intricate similarity between you and my Asthates. Allow me to bring you into the world. I ask for nothing but for you to tend to the Central Region and protect the Marble Tablet."

Triniteus offers to transpose the Golem into the continent.

Xenraft uses 14 points to squeeze the monstrosity into the world. The monster lets out a a gleeful gurgling roar as it feels the mad god's power squeeze it through the space between world. It enters through a rift above the new world and lets out a roar that shakes the new world to its infant core. From its distended belly the beast regurgitates water continuously in a disgusting and putrid spectacle. The amount of water that comes from the belly of the beast is not only sickening, but also confusing and incomprehensible as there is significantly more water being released than that could have been stored within the monstrosity. The world fills with water and the beast falls from the sky in an almost graceful dive and plunges into the new ocean. There in the depths it waits for prey to enter the world.

A sickening addition to a world which has yet to begin. There is no greater sorrow than this, that the first life to enter this realm is this wretched abomination of a sea beast.
Triniteus gazes upon the Beast.
"Such unbalance. I hope this one won't create too much trouble. I will keep an eye on it though. Still, a curse may come with a blessing. The sea brought with it may ease our task, as long as the sea itself isn't of the same nature as the Beast."

Triniteus Action :
-Offer: Transpose Golems into the Central Region with the following task : Tend to the land and protect the Marble Tablet.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2016, 11:58:39 am »

Well said.

My fellow, divines. I would like to propose that we create a universal source of food for our creations, one plentiful and nutritious, so that none will go hungry. I estimate it would cost more than 30 units of our power to spread enough of it over the continent that all our creations will have food. The more power invested the better really. I hope that you will all join me in creating it.

Spend 10 points creating omnifruit trees all over the continent

Omnifruit Tree:
These hardy fruit trees can grow in all but the most extreme climates present on the world, thriving in deserts, swamps, grasslands, forests, tundras etc., and bears fruit that contains all the nutrients the varied mortal races require, as well as being tasty. These trees grow as quickly and easily as weeds, requiring little to no care and spreading quickly, and being resilient to harm and very resistant to blights and diseases. Perhaps their greatest feature is that their fruit will never spoil, even when plucked. Their leaves form a dense cover that will protect from rain and sun.

"Om having willingly gave up his privilege over a region, the region remains unclaimed. If Om accepts, Xenraft will be free to take upon the region. If not, I will let the land shape itself in the way it prefers."
I would prefer if the land were left to shape itself.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 03:35:40 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2016, 12:07:06 pm »

I would prefer if the land were left to shape itself.
"So be it then. Om's region will be left unclaimed, and free to shape itself according to its will. Any attempt to shape this land will be met as a heavy offense."

Triniteus Action :
-Offer: Transpose Golems into the Central Region with the following task : Tend to the land and protect the Marble Tablet.

-Continent: Om's Region left to shape by itself. Attempting to shape it will be seen as an offense.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2016, 01:29:17 pm »

"hmm... I Think I might as well pay for those Slithering Land Snakes. . . They might come in handy for Throwing at mortals later on...
And Since Ye all wish to ha' the Surface of the Continent, *I* will Claim everywhere under the World for the purpose of Screwing around at Inflating an oversized cave for me own race..."

Short form: I Buy the land eels and Basically place a Sign stating *I* Now own the Underground.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2016, 01:41:19 pm »

"Finally, we got the ball rolling."

"Hey, demon, hope you don't mind rooming with a giant carnivorous beast and a bunch of bushes!"

Bring both Pherse the demon and toad croak bush into this world ( 13 points )
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2016, 01:55:50 pm »

My fellow, divines. I would like to propose that we create a universal source of food for our creations, one plentiful and nutritious, so that none will go hungry. I estimate it would cost more than 30 units of our power to spread enough of it over the continent that all our creations will have food. The more power invested the better really. I hope that you will all join me in creating it.[/color]

Spend 10 points creating omnifruit trees all over the continent

Omnifruit Tree:
These hardy fruit trees can grow in all but the most extreme climates present on the world, thriving in deserts, swamps, grasslands, forests, tundras etc., and bears fruit that contains all the nutrients the seven races require, as well as being tasty. These trees grow as quickly and easily as weeds, requiring little to no care and spreading quickly, and being resilient to harm and very resistant to blights and diseases. Perhaps their greatest feature is that their fruit will never spoil, even when plucked. Their leaves form a dense cover that will protect from rain and sun.
"In the same way you lent a hand to the creation of the Continent, I will lend some of my power to the creation of your Omnifruit Trees."

Triniteus gives his 2 remaining points to Om.

"I should also shape my region. For now, I will just give it form. Later I will add conditions suitable to my Asthates, when my power will be greater."

Shape Triniteus Region into an uneven region : a rocky wasteland with many hills and sharp cliffs.

Triniteus Action :
-Offer: Transpose Golems into the Central Region with the following task : Tend to the land and protect the Marble Tablet. [8]

-Continent: Om's Region left to shape by itself. Attempting to shape it will be seen as an offense.
-Continent: Shape own region into a rocky wasteland with many hills and sharp cliffs.

-Cooperation: Give 2 points to Om, toward the creation of the Omnifruit Trees. [2]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 04:48:51 pm by Nakéen »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20