Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34

Author Topic: Gods of Creation OOC (Formally Unnamed Interest Check)  (Read 43772 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation OOC (Formally Unnamed Interest Check)
« Reply #105 on: May 29, 2016, 01:54:35 pm »

Could people maybe focus on the "is as powerful as a god" titan threatening to unleash everlasting plague on our world? Maybe a bit more pressing than making the perfect elemental chaos or undoing another god's work.

EDIT: People seem to be assuming the titan is bluffing, or they can make it back down with threats of their own. I'm pretty sure the only language titans listen to is actual violence.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 01:57:05 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 29, 2016, 02:00:09 pm »

Could people maybe focus on the "is as powerful as a god" titan threatening to unleash everlasting plague on our world? Maybe a bit more pressing than making the perfect elemental chaos or undoing another god's work.
Mitigated about this.

Depending on what plague the god unleashes, it may or may not fit with my god's goal of mortal life progress.
And as a plague, it doesn't seem like something threatening the "elemental/energy" balance of the continent, so to my god, it isn't that much of a threat.

My god never said he would protect all things that live at any cost. But he did warn the Titan that what he would do would frustrate him, as he is wary of outside interferences.

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 29, 2016, 02:03:04 pm »

Onestly i am uncertain about this. A plague could force an early development of medicine, or perhaps it could act as a means of selection, killing those wo are not strong enough. To me it's more of a " i don't want others to mess with my things" kind of reactions.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 29, 2016, 02:06:18 pm »

Onestly i am uncertain about this. A plague could force an early development of medicine, or perhaps it could act as a means of selection, killing those wo are not strong enough. To me it's more of a " i don't want others to mess with my things" kind of reactions.
This is a divine plague. I doubt our tribal levels will be able to do anything against it. Remember, there are only like three species of plants, and at the tribal level, the only medicine that works is herbal. They'd be fucked. And suddenly you're the eugenics god.  :(

Mitigated about this.

Depending on what plague the god unleashes, it may or may not fit with my god's goal of mortal life progress.
And as a plague, it doesn't seem like something threatening the "elemental/energy" balance of the continent, so to my god, it isn't that much of a threat.

My god never said he would protect all things that live at any cost. But he did warn the Titan that what he would do would frustrate him, as he is wary of outside interferences.
The plague will however, certainly decimate your race when you place them on the world, since he says the plague will stick around. Think longterm here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 29, 2016, 02:09:57 pm »

My fellow gods, I do not believe this Titan will be swayed by your warnings. Indeed, it may only spur it on. Titans hate us gods to their very core. The only way to prevent catastrophe is to strike first, and prevent this vile one from carrying out its atrocity. I plead that you join my in attacking it, to defend our world. Surely the matter of my omnifruit trees or the shaping of the land can wait a turn? Or else all will die from titanic plague
"I don't believe Titans hate us. To them, we are just another entity, and they won't see us as anything else than passersby if we don't meddle with their goals. And you Om, as a God of Compassion, your aggressive reaction shocks me. I don't know what past you had with Titans, but I don't believe immediate aggressive action is the way to deal with them."

Triniteus simply ends by saying :
"As long as the Titan's action doesn't represent a threat to the integrity and balance of the World, I won't interfere. I will stand as an observer for now."
We know titans hate gods. I'm pretty sure all the entity descriptions in the first post is available to our gods as IC knowledge.
Titan: These powerful beings have existed as long as the gods, but are very crude in their existence and creation abilities. They often appear as a loosely constructed being made out of one element or another and their ability to interact with the material world is lacking. Plus, they hate the gods. If a titan is coming to the gods, they must really want something.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 29, 2016, 02:11:23 pm »

Ah my bad. I did read the description about Titans before posting in the IC, but somehow overlooked the hating part.

Welp, let's just say my god was some hermit :P

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 29, 2016, 02:23:32 pm »

Hm... might need to edit that Lamia info in Sleeve's inventory. They have the same traits as the Igons.
I was just about to mention that yes. Help me get rid of the titan pretty please?
Sleeve is a god of medicine, she'll try to fix the plague, not kill the creator of it.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 29, 2016, 02:24:06 pm »

Hm... might need to edit that Lamia info in Sleeve's inventory. They have the same traits as the Igons.
I was just about to mention that yes. Help me get rid of the titan pretty please?
Sleeve is a god of medicine, she'll try to fix the plague, not kill the creator of it.
Isn't prevention the best medicine?

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 29, 2016, 02:35:59 pm »

It's prevention, not medicine.
Sleeve doesn't kill. And if she did, it'd be awfully ironic if she later creates the Hippocratic Oath.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 29, 2016, 02:39:14 pm »

Sleeve doesn't kill. And if she did, it'd be awfully ironic if she later creates the Hippocratic Oath.
...while I think that's a stupid attitude for a god of medicine to have, I'll try a different approach here.

Do you think this is going to stop at one plague? Titans are not our friend. We're setting a precedent here, showing we're pushovers. It's like broadcasting a signal to all the titans everywhere that they can just walk over us, and that this is the perfect planet to crush and destroy. If we don't come down on this titan like a hammer, he's going to go to all his titan friends and tell them he's found a perfect planet to mess with. We very well may not have a planet left at the end of it. Think about what you're doing please.

Did you guys ever consider what actually caused the gods of that other planet to fail? 7 out of 10 odds it was titans. Do you guys want to be like those loser gods? Do you?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:47:56 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 29, 2016, 02:48:24 pm »

This is a divine plague. I doubt our tribal levels will be able to do anything against it. Remember, there are only like three species of plants, and at the tribal level, the only medicine that works is herbal. They'd be fucked. And suddenly you're the eugenics god.  :(
i'm more the "god help those who help themselves" god. I will help their effort, perhaps creating a panacea plant or something, but only after they start to work for a cure. I don't give any free gifts, only oppotunities for improvement.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 29, 2016, 02:49:44 pm »

i'm more the "god help those who help themselves" god. I will help their effort, perhaps creating a panacea plant or something, but only after they start to work for a cure. I don't give any free gifts, only oppotunities for improvement.
But they can't start working on a cure because there's nothing to start working on a cure with. That's my point.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 29, 2016, 03:01:18 pm »

...while I think that's a stupid attitude for a god of medicine to have, I'll try a different approach here.

Do you think this is going to stop at one plague? Titans are not our friend. We're setting a precedent here, showing we're pushovers. It's like broadcasting a signal to all the titans everywhere that they can just walk over us, and that this is the perfect planet to crush and destroy. If we don't come down on this titan like a hammer, he's going to go to all his titan friends and tell them he's found a perfect planet to mess with. We very well may not have a planet left at the end of it. Think about what you're doing please.

Did you guys ever consider what actually caused the gods of that other planet to fail? 7 out of 10 odds it was titans. Do you guys want to be like those loser gods? Do you?
It's the attitude she has, she's not going to kill someone unless they pose a direct threat.
If the titan brings forth a hundred plagues, she'll create a hundred cures. She's the god of medicine, and she's going to live up to that name.
If it makes her look like a pushover, let it be so.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 29, 2016, 03:04:35 pm »

According to the IC description of Titans, all that we know is that :
Titan: These powerful beings have existed as long as the gods, but are very crude in their existence and creation abilities. They often appear as a loosely constructed being made out of one element or another and their ability to interact with the material world is lacking. Plus, they hate the gods. If a titan is coming to the gods, they must really want something.
[/spoiler]
-They hate Gods
-They seem established as Creation entities.
-They are powerful, but have very crude abilities.

Anything beyond this is speculation, so we don't even know if Titans will actively try to destroy gods, if they are malevolent, true neutral, or follow some grander scheme.

There are many answers we could give to the coming Titan, all with potential advantages and disadvantages :

1) Give him a Tribute
> Depending on the Titan mentality, it could establish us as "weak" and/or "cold-headed". The Titan could leave with maybe a feeling of respect or decide indeed those Gods are fools that can be milked.

2) Attack him
> Depending on the Titans mentality, it could either work for us by establishing us as "strong", or completely backfires by establishing us as "rebellious and dangerous", bringing upon us more and more angry Titans.

3) Speak with him
> He was established as not particularly bright. Is it a bluff or the truth ? We don't know.
So if we speak to him, anything could happen from managing to convince him of letting us alone, making him an ally, or even learning more about Titans themselves.

4) Ignore him
> Will establish us as "Unimportant" or "Frustrating", which could either bring more problems or actually give us some peace. Of course, the plague would be unleashed.

edit:
5) We could also try negotiating with him, though it is more another branch of 3). It could also be interesting to make a counter-offer to the Titan, proposing him 15 or 20 IP in exchange of information or power.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 03:12:30 pm by Nakéen »

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 29, 2016, 03:12:39 pm »

Actually, thinking about it, paying the tribute could be the more cost-efficient way of dealing with the problem. We are seve,  if 5 of us pay 2 power we will pay him. it would probably cost more to destroy him.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 34