Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34

Author Topic: Gods of Creation OOC (Formally Unnamed Interest Check)  (Read 43774 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation OOC (Formally Unnamed Interest Check)
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2016, 01:22:25 am »

I'm personally against retconning the demon summoning. If it's here, I am all for letting it stays.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2016, 04:37:33 am »

Let the demon stay. Maybe Nix was flying over the ocean and the monster killed him?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2016, 08:12:55 am »

Am I right that I have 20 points as I did not do my turn in the 2nd round?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2016, 03:59:31 pm »

I have returned to the land of the living. And by living, I mean Internet.

The demon summoning is a go. It's here to stay (or at least until you all decide to remove it with force).

@DemonicSpoon: Sure with that drawback it would cost 5 IP.

As soon as I get my computer back in working order I will update the inventories. After that (If ardent debater posts or says that he passes this round) I will update the game go turn 4.

I am done updating the Turn 3 post with inventories. I will move onto turn four whenever Ardent Debater posts for this turn, the semi-secret request is answered, and when a replacement for Nix is chosen (the default for this is for me to pick the first on the waitlist, but I thought I'd let the Gods weigh in on this. )
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 05:10:59 pm by Roboson »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2016, 05:20:52 pm »

Star dragons:With a lenght of 50 metres and a weight over 100 tons these animals are true giants.They have serpentine bodies, with wide fins that go along their whole body lenght, supported by spines, which are longer near the shoulders and becae smaller and smaller as they get closer to the tail. They can fly gracefully in the atmosphere, but their true nature is revelealed outside of it. Not only they can survive in space, they can travel in the vacuum at the speed of light.They feed off star plasma an the adults are usually happy drinking the sun surface, but they need a solid suface to reproduce, so every century or so the females travel back to earth. Here they depose a single gigantic egg on the peak of the tallest mountain they can find then leave, trusting the egg's heat and thick shell to protect it from predators. The "baby" dragons, that are still three times the size of an elephant can fly since their birth, but they can' t reach the space until decades later. In the meantime they feed off solar energy, flying above the clouds and only coming down during the night. These babies are thechnically tamable, but it is extremely difficult and any mortal that tries to do so without a god's assistence is likely to get burned to death by a stream of solar plasma. If they are lucky enough to survive their period on the ground  and and to avoid any violent solar phenomenon the star dragons can expect to live several millenia, before dissolving into star matter again.

Create the star dragons.

This would cost like 30-40 points. They're the size of Godzilla, have plasma breath, live for eons, and are capable of interstellar travel at light speed. That's a tall order there Leonardo8  :o

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2016, 05:37:02 pm »

What? i wanted them to be around blue whale size(longer but lighter) with fast travel limited to space. and plama breath. I tought they would count as "special animal", considering they are not even sapient. I think i misunderstood a little the power requirements. Perhaps if i scaled them down in size and lifespan they could fit in a ten point package?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2016, 06:17:22 pm »

With something that big that's capable of taking on a small army (and having a good chance of incinerating it), it's gonna cost more. The concept is fine, they just have the potential to be really powerful. To get it down to ten points you could make their breath attack depend on age and make them grow extremely slowly.

The reason they wouldn't be a magical animal is because they're big and strong enough to be like a semi-megabeast (to put it in DF terms). Magical animals are more like blinkdogs or manticore. Something that may be a danger to a few individuals, but not a danger to entire towns or cities at once (like a plasma breathing blue whale sized space dragon could be).

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2016, 05:15:09 am »

Ok,thanks for the clarification. I apologize for the misunderstanding. What if i make them unable to leave space after they reach a certain size(A bit more than a big bull size)? This way they would not be "active actors" in the world when they become too powerful but they would still reain the coolness factor.  . Otherwis i'll simply follow your advice.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2016, 06:02:00 am »

Got room for one more on the waitlist?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2016, 01:09:36 pm »

Player Inventories
Spoiler: Om (Demonic Spoon) (click to show/hide)
I think I should have 17 points? 2 leftover plus 10 basic income plus 5 from Jyll the slime demigod.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 01:37:44 am by Demonic Spoon »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2016, 01:15:59 pm »

Did I get my payment from the slime lady? because it doesn't look like it...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2016, 01:22:06 pm »

Roboson didn't the continent transportation into our world cause a large amount of deaths? IIRC the demigod warned that a lot of things would probably die. I'd imagine significant portions of the biosphere suddenly dying would put a bit of a damper on the war?

EDIT:
Ora: Killerwhale like humanoids who rode into this world on a continent from an abandoned world. Mid-evil level. No patron god.
Kilk: Small crustacean humanoids from a foreign land. No patron god. Feudal level.
Was the misspelling of medieval as mid-evil deliberate? Is there any difference between a Feudal and Medieval civilization level?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 01:36:02 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2016, 01:40:32 pm »

Hm... might need to edit that Lamia info in Sleeve's inventory. They have the same traits as the Igons.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2016, 01:46:28 pm »

Hm... might need to edit that Lamia info in Sleeve's inventory. They have the same traits as the Igons.
I was just about to mention that yes. Help me get rid of the titan pretty please?

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2016, 01:51:46 pm »

Roboson didn't the continent transportation into our world cause a large amount of deaths? IIRC the demigod warned that a lot of things would probably die. I'd imagine significant portions of the biosphere suddenly dying would put a bit of a damper on the war?

EDIT:
Ora: Killerwhale like humanoids who rode into this world on a continent from an abandoned world. Mid-evil level. No patron god.
Kilk: Small crustacean humanoids from a foreign land. No patron god. Feudal level.
Was the misspelling of medieval as mid-evil deliberate? Is there any difference between a Feudal and Medieval civilization level?

No, the continent was frozen in perfect stasis so no deaths occurred. In fact, they may not even know that they have been moved. If there was a lot of ocean or coastal life in your world however, that would have seen some major deaths.

The mispelling is not intentional, I'm just dumb sometimes. There isn't a real difference. They are about the same as far as technology goes, but one of them is actually set up in a feudal system while one isn't.

I was just about to mention that yes. Help me get rid of the titan pretty please?

I'll get that in a minute.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 34