Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34

Author Topic: Gods of Creation OOC (Formally Unnamed Interest Check)  (Read 43629 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gods of Creation OOC (Formally Unnamed Interest Check)
« on: May 22, 2016, 12:59:52 am »

IC Thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158326.msg7011934#msg7011934

Map: (Turn 4)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Before the beginning of time the gods have worked ever so diligently to bring new and interesting worlds. Now as the creation of a new world draws near, many divine beings have drawn near. While your power is great and your will mighty, their numbers are many and their strength may be beneficial. Many a magical being, mage, and monstrosity would rally behind you if you appease their demands. As a god, it is for you to decide what makes it into this world and what does not. Chose your pieces wisely for there are those who may seek dominion over your domain.

In this game players will each play one god of many. Each turn players will receive an allowance of divine energy which will allow them to influence the world. In addition, each turn other entities will make you offers of allegiance and power in the developing world. You may chose to use some of your energy to fulfill their request (and receive a reward) or you may devote your energy to bringing your own vision into the material world.

Like most god games there isn't really a victory scenario. The game is about finding your own goals, creation, and doing what you'd do if you were a god. Now that doesn't mean you can't try to destroy other god's work, because you chose your own goals, you can act however you desire.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Each god will start with a single race of their own creation. You can choose to guide this race through the ages or let them flourish or falter on their own.
Spoiler: Race (click to show/hide)

Then there are the other powerful entities who will try to make their way into the physical world.

Spoiler: Other Major Entities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Lesser Entities (click to show/hide)

All and all, this is a game about creating an interesting world. Several gods will play simultaneously and share one world. Each god's actions affecting the other god's. Some beings may be powerful enough to influence and enter the world without your consent, be wary and prepared to deal with those when need be.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 10:25:20 pm by Roboson »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: God Game Concept Interest Check/ Sign-up
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 01:31:34 am »

God Name: Om
Speres: Magic and Compassion
Appearance: A massive flying shining lidless eye
Personality: The responsibility and duty of the god is to ensure the happiness and prosperity of his creations. Honour your word. Trust, but verify.
Goals: That every worshiper become an archmage. That there is be no unhappiness among the mortals.

Name: Tortons
Description: Tortoise people with majestic shells and a gift for magic, especially defensive magic and wards.
Culture: Sedentary individuals, they will still go out of their way to help others, having empathy for the suffering of their fellows and sharing their joy. Will generally respond to threats by hunkering in their shells, and on a grander scale, hiding inside their walls and magic defences.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 11:54:28 am by Demonic Spoon »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2016, 01:42:58 am »

In.

Spoiler: Nix (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ingons (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 03:01:29 am »

Interested, I'm entering.

Spoiler: Triniteus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Astathes (click to show/hide)

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 08:59:51 am »

Spoiler: Asteros (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Alarri (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 09:03:36 am by Leonardo8 »

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 09:22:55 am »

Spoiler: Garix (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inax (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 09:34:33 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2016, 10:06:51 am »

Spoiler: Xenraft (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dremonians (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2016, 10:47:03 am »

Lawful Evil, Anyone?

Spoiler:  The Luminites (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 10:55:35 am by Ardent Debater »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 11:08:03 am »

Wow, that is a lot of entries in only a few hours. Ok, well I'll write up the actual system and make an IC after lunch. I think 7 is a good number of gods, even numbers and all that.  I cant count. Plus it looks like we have a fairly balanced pantheon.

The players:

1: Om (Demonic Spoon) - Nuetral
2: Nix (NRDL) - Evil
3: Triniteus (Nakeen) - Neutral
4: Asteros (leonardo8) - Good
5: Xenraft (Crazyabe) - Evil
6: Zelthen (Ardent Debater) - Good, but really evil.
7: Garix (snowdwarf) - Good?

(The alignments don't actually mean anything and probably aren't even accurate, that's just my interpretation.)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 01:25:33 pm by Roboson »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 11:43:43 am »

Each turn players are given 10 Intervention Points. These can be spent to add things in the world, smite creatures, cause natural disasters and all other godly actions. Bellow are some guidelines to help understand how much a point is worth. When in doubt, do a price check in the OOC. Otherwise I'll interpret you action as using however many points you put in. If it is not enough, the act could fizzle or even backfire on you. And there are no refunds, even if a spell fizzles.

Disasters and Acts of God:
50 Points: Global Cataclysmic Disaster or global blessing.
40 points: Semi-global Cataclysm or semi-global act of god.
30 points: Hemisphere Catastrophe or blessing that affects half the world.
20 points: Regional turmoil and destruction or blessing that effects a region.
10 points: Localized natural disaster or act of god.
5   points: Minor disaster or blessing.
*These don't necessarily have to be good or bad things, this is just a guide to the cost for the area affected. So a blessing that affects the whole world would cost about 50 points, depending on the nature of the blessing. Whereas a blessing that effects a small area will cost around 5-10 points.

Creation of Life:
50 points: Demi-god.
40 points: Minor powerful being (Angels, demons, abominations, basically any world power creature.)
30 points: A mortal race with magical ability.
20-30 points: Large creatures with dangerous potential (semi-megabeasts and megabeast levels of power)
20 points: A mortal race without magical ability.
10 points: A complex or magical animal
5   points: An animal or complex plant.
3   points: A plant or simple animal

Landmark Creation
50 points: A new landmark that could effect the entire world or is extremely powerful.
40 points: A very large or powerful landmark.
30 points: A magical landmark the size of a dungeon (So a labyrinth, a necropolis, or other similarly sized large magical construct).
20 points: A mundane landmark/construct like a large city, a mountain range, or a sea.
10 points: A very small magical landmark or a mundane landmark the size of a small city.

New Locations
40 points: A new continent.
20 points: A small continent.
10 points: A new region or island.
*This is just the base, there will be no life in these new locations until you put it there.

Artifacts
50 points: A powerful artifact that has the potential to affect large parts of the world.
30 points: An artifact that can effect regions. 
10 points: An artifact that can effect a small area or up to 5 individuals.
* The effect given also effects price.

The above lists are to serve as general guidelines. However, there is much more you could do than that listed above, so price check often so nothing fizzles or backfires.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 06:20:23 pm by Roboson »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 11:48:50 am »

Wow, that is a lot of entries in only a few hours. Ok, well I'll write up the actual system and make an IC after lunch. I think 6 is a good number of gods, even numbers and all that. Plus it looks like we have a fairly balanced pantheon.

The players:

1: Om (Demonic Spoon) - Nuetral
2: Nix (NRDL) - Evil
3: Triniteus (Nakeen) - Neutral
4: Asteros (leonardo8) - Good
5: Xenraft (Crazyabe) - Evil
6: Zelthen (Ardent Debater) - Good, but really evil.

(The alignments don't actually mean anything and probably aren't even accurate, that's just my interpretation.)
Despite your claims, I'm pretty sure alignments will affect who approaches us for recruitment, and I'm hoping for angels, so I'll note that Om is probably good, not really sure why you put him down as neutral. Compassion is a virtue. Further, Zelthen is unambiguously evil despite his imagery.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 12:06:18 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 11:51:33 am »

snips prices
I'd appreciate costs for actually you know, guiding and help a race and miracles and the like. Teaching our race about agriculture or magic, building them a city, empowering their armies, resurrecting the dead, having food rain down from the heavens etc. Similarly editing an existing race to for example, have greater magic power.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 12:51:34 pm by Demonic Spoon »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation OOC (Formally Unnamed Interest Check)
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2016, 11:54:49 am »

One man's Disaster is another man's blessing in my opinion.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2016, 12:30:28 pm »

-snip-
I'd appreciate costs for actually you know, guiding and help a race and miracles and the like. Teaching our race about agriculture or magic, building them a city, empowering their armies, resurrecting the dead, having food rain down from the heavens etc. Similarly editing an existing race to for example, have greater magic power.

I'm just going to treat that as a price check. I've added a new section to the guidelines and clarified them a bit.

Contacting a race: 2 points.
Teaching one type of magic: 15 points. (So like fire or water magic would be a type of magic. From there the race would learn a couple spells in that field on their own.)
Teaching one particular spell: Varies depending on the strength of the spell.
Teaching skills: 5 points (a skill would be something like archery or how to tame a specific beast or a better method of farming or even a type of architecture. Basically any mundane skill).
Building them a city:  See new landmark creation section. 
Resurrection: 75% cost of how much the entity would cost to create from scratch.
Rain food: See revised disasters section.
Increase in magic power: 10% increase in power per 10 points spent.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2016, 12:49:29 pm »

Teaching one type of magic: 15 points. (So like fire or water magic would be a type of magic. From there the race would learn a couple spells in that field on their own.)
Expensive  :-\
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34