Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Very old scars suddenly hurting?  (Read 20341 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Very old scars suddenly hurting?
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2016, 04:51:05 pm »

That does not actually help, Moony.

Oh.  So the government should be ashamed of themselves.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2016, 08:28:46 pm »

I thought you were employed? You should have proper insurance then.

And that pen had lapis lazuli on it, thats hardly a gem at all.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2016, 08:55:28 pm »

That does not actually help, Moony.

Oh.  So the government should be ashamed of themselves.
Code: [Select]
section .text
push msg
call _printf

section .data
msg:
    db "Ik that it was not helpful, it is not as helpful as this random assembly code, for certain", 10, 0

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2016, 09:05:21 pm »

Moony.  Seriously.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2016, 01:54:04 am »

I thought you were employed? You should have proper insurance then.

And that pen had lapis lazuli on it, thats hardly a gem at all.

I'm technically self-employed. I have a business license and my bosses are all "clients". It's the only way I can legally work several jobs as a foreigner (which I need to do), and it means I'm responsible for my own taxes, social security payments, and insurance. Technically, I could buy my insurance from the state company and have access to more doctors, but their only "foreigner's insurance" is so expensive I can't afford it. Also, it doesn't pay for everything the normal citizen's insurance pays for, so I'd still be limited. Right now I'm paid through to 2018 on my current insurance. I just have to, you know, not get sick. Just like Americans (too poor to buy health insurance but not poor enough to qualify for government aid) all did before Obamacare. Sounds easy enough.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2016, 03:40:28 pm »

Can you get insurance as a business?
Sigtext

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2016, 04:47:58 pm »

That does sound quite bad. Don't take this the wrong way, but why did you move here in the first place?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2016, 01:05:44 am »

Can you get insurance as a business?

I have insurance and it's very cheap, it just doesn't cover very much. There isn't any special insurance for business owners. A few more years (or if I manage to achieve a relationship with a Czech, sooner than that) and I'll be able to get a different type of residence and normal insurance (though it will be more expensive, of course).

That does sound quite bad. Don't take this the wrong way, but why did you move here in the first place?

A few things here are awful, mostly the bureaucracy and everything related to it. Everything else is amazing and I'm happier here than I've ever been in my life. I have a great life, two great jobs that I'm awesome at and pay pretty well, an amazing group of friends, and I live in a culture where I'm not constantly attacked or punished for being different. Also, I like the educational system better here, I enjoy being able to have a beer in the park without going to prison, I love that I can have political discussions with people I don't agree with without fearing for my safety, and almost no one here has frigging guns. There's a park outside my window and a bigger park across the street, and I can walk across the city alone at 3 am without feeling like I'm in any danger. Also, I'm learning Czech sign language (I'm already fluent after 8 months of learning because apparently I'm a sign language prodigy, woo!) and it's already my preferred language and the deaf community here feels more like home than any other community I've ever been a part of (even the Prague hippies!). I could go on and on, but hopefully you get the idea: going to the doctor here may suck for now, but that doesn't outweigh all the awesome and happy.

Also, beer.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2016, 08:21:03 pm »

Disclaimer: I am not a trained physician. Do not take my advice without asking a competent and stress-free doctor if it's a good idea.

If you had access to a good hospital, I would suggest that you get them to check for foreign bodies lodged within the wound. If the cut was caused by a dirty object or a piece of wood, a small piece of stuff could have become lodged in your arm. Stuff can stay in the body for years.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2016, 11:28:05 pm »

Code: [Select]
push drp
call _prinf
drp:db "[quote author=BorkBorkGoesTheCode link=topic=158303.msg7032145#msg7032145 date=1465003263]
Disclaimer: I am not a trained physician. Do not take my advice without asking a competent and stress-free doctor if it's a good idea.

If you had access to a good hospital, I would suggest that you get them to check for foreign bodies lodged within the wound. If the cut was caused by a dirty object or a piece of wood, a small piece of stuff could have become lodged in your arm. Stuff can stay in the body for years.
[/quote]"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2016, 11:30:33 pm »

Look, Moony.  That doesn't help and it feels like spam.  Stop.
Sigtext

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2016, 11:37:58 pm »

as far as i know bork is correct, but im a pc programmer//gamer, so dont take my word for it.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2016, 12:07:33 am »

The cut was caused by something clean and very sharp, so that's definitely not it, but thanks for the suggestion. But discussions with other people have convinced me that old scars suddenly aching for periods of time, especially during big changes in the weather, is pretty normal (something to do with the skin stretching), and it should pass on its own. Right now we're in a period of crazy thunderstorm weather. It's been about a week of clouds/sun all morning followed by hours of sudden vicious thunderstorms in the afternoon and sun again in the evening, like some sort of tropical rainy season. Apparently arthritis isn't the only thing that acts up in this type of weather.

It's still annoying, but I'm pretty sure it'll be fine, hopefully once the weather calms down (which it should within the next few days).

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2016, 02:50:39 am »

I hope you have a better week, Sappho.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2016, 09:18:07 am »

I hope you have a better week, Sappho.
Indeed.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 [2] 3