Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38

Author Topic: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/?) : Premature End Of The World  (Read 46262 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

So it ended entirely, instead of being a new beginning. No. This would not be permitted.

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends makes one more act before the time skip: he fires another, smaller ball at the impact site, and it expands into a burst of spores. These spores bring rise to the Darkshrooms, a species of mushroom that feed upon darkness and survive in places most life would find impossible to survive in.

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile

"Could someone create a better environment? Something we could work with when we come back?"

Aid the creation of the humans. Make them suitable to survive in the environment. Then, secretly wake some of the humans up.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Could someone create a better environment? Something we could work with when we come back?"

Aid the creation of the humans. Make them suitable to survive in the environment. Then, secretly wake some of the humans up.
((Wake the humans up ?))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

Fix luxling's probable mental trauma.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 11:20:17 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aid in the creation of humans. Make them highly adaptable and with an infinite potential.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

Give the humans good luck and a chance to look exactly like me giving them luck based ability's if this will kill me dont do it.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 11:39:40 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Regardless of the results, it would slip into a slumber, letting the plants it brought into being engulf and entomb them.
((Waking them up or else they'd be dormant. I want them to be not dormant when we come back.))
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((It's the Ancestor that's going to sleep, not humans.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, still. They gotta be awake.
Money!

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile

Lets see here...

Obviously aid in the creation of humans, teaching them to work together to overcome obsticals.

Take half of the resilient plants, and turn them into fruit bearing trees.

This world is a harsh realm, and I hope the resilience will transfer to the humans, who will spread the seeds throughout the land.

Create small herbivorous game, providing food for the land and air carnivores.

Make the aggressive herbivores bigger, allowing them to eat the large, resilient plants, and keep it's growth in control.

Make the last carnivorous creature smart enough to be tamed by humans.

In a quiet area of the world, create a seed, which will one day grow into a flowering tree that blossoms once per timeskip. Build a circular structure around it, protecting it from the other gods.

I do believe this will wear me out. I will see you when we wake again.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Create Glowdust, an anenome-like microscopic symbiote. As its name suggests, it typically emits a golden glow when found in large enough quantities to be noticeable. It latches onto and forms complex colonies on suitable hosts, mimicking, integrating with, and attempting to improve upon local structures. Ideally this results in greatly improving some of the creature's attributes or abilities, but the results are unpredictable.

Create the Warm Sea, a (hopefully warm) shallow sea heated by geothermal vents.

Pester the sun to reignite itself.

Create Dustkelp to serve as the Warm Sea's primary plant life. Dustkelp is a hardy, adaptable Sargassum-like seaweed with chambers for holding Glowdust colonies; this augments their adaptability by encouraging Glowdust to be nearby at all times, thereby improving their odds of receiving beneficial augments at any particular moment.

Create Platefish, heavily built, tapering fish predictably armored in plates. They are omnivorous but built for aggression.

Create Pearlworms, wriggling pink tubes with teeth on one end. Pearlworms are mainly scavengers, though they will feed on still-living matter if it can't run away. They are so named for their habit of forming (and once they get too large, vomiting) pearls made of the inedible or undesirable materials they ingest.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Creation of Humanity :
As he feels the death of numerous creations, a change is noted. It Absorbs the dying life, risking corruption by it's darker kin in the process as it attempts to offset the darkness by creating one last lifeform from the death and destruction: Humans.

Regardless of the results, it would slip into a slumber, letting the plants it brought into being engulf and entomb them.

Aid in the creation of humans. Make them highly adaptable and with an infinite potential.
Lets see here...

Obviously aid in the creation of humans, teaching them to work together to overcome obsticals...
Give the humans good luck and a chance to look exactly like me giving them luck based ability's if this will kill me dont do it.
Creating a small population of a new sapient species with three special properties.

"Species Name : Humans
Description : A weak, but fairly standard humanoid race with a resilience to divine interaction. They were brought into being by The Ancestor after a mass extinction, though he may have become tainted in the process.
Special properties :
>Divine resilience: Attempts of direct harm against this race through divine power are significantly weakened.
>Divine absorption: if exposed to divine power for long periods of time, they may develop lesser magic powers depending on the alignment they were exposed to.
+Highly Adaptable
+Infinite Potential (Every creatures already have an infinite potential)"

Total cost : 1600 Energy and 80 Ether thanks to the help of Saraab.
The involved gods each lose 320 Energy
and 16 Ether
Creation Roll 1d4 : [1] ((OH YES))

The Ancestor attempts to absorb the dying life, but it has already dissolved in the black goo.
Altogether, the Five gods work with previously unseen coordination to shape this new species. Humans.
The Ancestor gives the shape and essence.
Vorenaak gives them more resilience.
Proelior makes them adaptable.
Lux gives them luck and makes it so they will be able to look exactly like him. +1 Interference Lux
Saraab guides the creation, and teach them the value of cooperation afterward. +1 Interference Saraab

But in the beautiful work of the gods, something insidious crept, deforming the perfect form they had in mind.
>Divine resilience: >> Divine Immune: divine powers don't affect them for an unknown reason...
>Divine absorption: >> Divine-proof: exposition to divine power does strictly nothing, and they are unable to develop any for of power related to the gods for an unknown reason...

Humans came out physically flawless. No one could have guessed the treachery at first sight...

Creation of the Darkshrooms
So it ended entirely, instead of being a new beginning. No. This would not be permitted.

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends makes one more act before the time skip: he fires another, smaller ball at the impact site, and it expands into a burst of spores. These spores bring rise to the Darkshrooms, a species of mushroom that feed upon darkness and survive in places most life would find impossible to survive in.
"Species Name: DankDarkshrooms.
Description: large mushrooms, colored pure black.
Special properties:
>Feed upon darkness.
>Very hardy."
He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends loses 560 Energy
and 28 Ether
Creation Roll 1d4 : [2]
The burst of spores spread around the tainted land. They begin to grow soon enough, black and healthy.

Luxling counseling
Fix luxling's probable mental trauma.
[5] Whatever trauma had Luxling, it is fixed.

Many creations of Saraab
...Take half of the resilient plants, and turn them into fruit bearing trees.[/b]

This world is a harsh realm, and I hope the resilience will transfer to the humans, who will spread the seeds throughout the land.

Create small herbivorous game, providing food for the land and air carnivores.

Make the aggressive herbivores bigger, allowing them to eat the large, resilient plants, and keep it's growth in control.

Make the last carnivorous creature smart enough to be tamed by humans.

In a quiet area of the world, create a seed, which will one day grow into a flowering tree that blossoms once per timeskip. Build a circular structure around it, protecting it from the other gods.

I do believe this will wear me out. I will see you when we wake again.
Saraab loses 100 Energy
and 5 Ether
Life Alteration Roll 1d4 : [4]
Half of the resilient plants turn into fruit bearing trees. These fruits are unexpectedly full of nutrients.
> Variant "Fruit-Tree"

Saraab loses 100 Energy
and 5 Ether
Creation Roll 1d4 : [3]
You create herbivorous animals.

Saraab loses 200 Energy
and 10 Ether
Life Alteration Roll 1d4 : [2]
Saraab loses 200 Energy
and 10 Ether
Life Alteration Roll 1d4 : [2]
The aggressive herbivores end up bigger and now feed on larger plants.
The last land carnivorous got its intelligence increased !

Saraab loses 100+500 Energy
and 5 Ether
Creation Roll 1d4 : [3]
You find a quiet area in the world, which isn't hard considering the seemingly infinite expanse of empty land beyond the place you have transformed. You plant the seed, and build a circular structure out of the ground around it, to try to ward off other gods.

Sudden Newcomer
Create Glowdust, an anenome-like microscopic symbiote. As its name suggests, it typically emits a golden glow when found in large enough quantities to be noticeable. It latches onto and forms complex colonies on suitable hosts, mimicking, integrating with, and attempting to improve upon local structures. Ideally this results in greatly improving some of the creature's attributes or abilities, but the results are unpredictable.

Create the Warm Sea, a (hopefully warm) shallow sea heated by geothermal vents.

Pester the sun to reignite itself.

Create Dustkelp to serve as the Warm Sea's primary plant life. Dustkelp is a hardy, adaptable Sargassum-like seaweed with chambers for holding Glowdust colonies; this augments their adaptability by encouraging Glowdust to be nearby at all times, thereby improving their odds of receiving beneficial augments at any particular moment.

Create Platefish, heavily built, tapering fish predictably armored in plates. They are omnivorous but built for aggression.

Create Pearlworms, wriggling pink tubes with teeth on one end. Pearlworms are mainly scavengers, though they will feed on still-living matter if it can't run away. They are so named for their habit of forming (and once they get too large, vomiting) pearls made of the inedible or undesirable materials they ingest.
Suddenly another entity appears at the last minute.
Glowdust Creation Roll 1d4 : [2]
Dustkelp Creation Roll 1d4 : [1]
Platefish Creation Roll 1d4 : [1]
Pearlworms Creation Roll 1d4 : [1]

Valence loses 800 Energy
and 40 Ether
The Glowdust is created without a hitch.
But as for the Dustkelp, Platefish and Pearlworms... not so much.
For some odd reason, Dustkelp ends up feeding on Glowdust. Platefish ends up passive and lazy, only feeding on Dustkelp. As for Pearlworms, they ends up being parasitic beings latching on other creatures. Also, pearlworms creates blood-colored pearls.

Valence loses 2000 Energy
World Modification 1d4: [4]
The Warm Sea ends up surpassing your expectations. A shallow sea constantly warm thanks to geothermal vents, but mainly thanks to MAGIC. Life will thrive in it.

[4] You pester the sun to reignite itself. Well, it's only an orb in the sky. Though suddenly it reignites ! You were lucky enough to pester it right before morning.

Ame the Protearch greets Valence, who immediately begins creating hurriedly from left to right. Maybe because of his haste, he messed up a little. Anyway, Ame gathers the gods who still haven't chosen a group name.
"You all did great within this short day, children of the Protearchs. Now, you shall enter a forceful slumber. It is necessary to help you mature."

He spread his arms, opening his cloak and revealing the Ether inside him. Then, there is a bright flash of light, and you are brought to another place to sleep for a moment...

PLAYERS STATUS

WORLD STATUS

Spoiler: Overall Landscape (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Life (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 06:04:18 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

FIRST ERA

Main Turn 1: The First Awakening of the Gods

Many time passed since you al fell asleep. At least, in mortal terms.
But for you, it was just a short nap.

You wake up forming a circle with Ame in the center. He welcomes you all :
"I hope you slept well, children of the Protearchs. It is with greet pleasure I meet you again.
Now, I will let you see how much the world has changed during your absence..."

You all look around.
[4] The major landscapes are still there, the mountains and sea you created haven't changed.
[6] There is visibly much more vegetation than before, the land is far greener than before.
[3] Well, except in the infertile land, which is still black as ink.

Every god gains 2000 Energy and 100 Ether.
Every god is for now capped at 20000 Energy and 1000 Ether.

PLAYERS STATUS

WORLD STATUS

Spoiler: Overall Landscape (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Life (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 04:37:29 pm by Nakéen »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Valence gives a ripple of leg clicks by way of brief greeting, then hurries off to check on his sea.

Examine the inhabitants of the Warm Sea.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

The ancestor returns to the world, examining the changes that humanity has had, along with the creatures and life that he had brought into the sea.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38