Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38

Author Topic: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/?) : Premature End Of The World  (Read 46260 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You are fighting over the leuxling. srsly xD
Also, I forgot to roll the second dice in case of 1 or 6. Will try not to forget for next times))

Noting how baren the land is, I move some of the plants from the water onto the land, and inspire them to grow in to the earth and draw strength from it there as opposed to the water. They still feed on the sun, and in turn they will feed the Luxling(the creature made from lux's flesh)
The Ancestor loses 200 and 100 Energy
and 1 Ether
Creation Roll 1d4 : [4]

[4] You effortlessly move the plants onto the land. And luckily, they are able to survive on land without further modification.

(d4)(2) As for the Leuxling, it is gleefully feeding on them after you slightly modified it.

Under the cover of Darkness, I begin to convince the lexling that it is the most intelligent life form in the land by whispering the thoughts to its brain.
[3] Autofail. Like a mysterious voice in the night, you speak to the Leuxling. Problem is, the leuxling is dumb as a brick and is just a simple creature, devoid of sentience and intelligence.
As you speak to him, it just gnaw at some plants.
Leuxling gained +1 Interference

protect the lexling and nurture it feed it with my ideas.
[5] You take the Leuxling under your wing. It is still a derpy animal, gnawing at plants. The dark voice doesn't reach the Leuxling anymore.
Leuxling gained +1 Interference

As for Ame, he is watching at the white astral object.
"Sleep well my friend."

PLAYERS STATUS

WORLD STATUS

Spoiler: Overall Landscape (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Life (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 05:18:21 pm by Nakéen »

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile

Using the plants that were put on the land he inspires dozens of the sturdier ones grouped together in a 50 acre area to grow bigger.

Move some of the plants that are on land into the mountains. The elemental rich environment will be able to sustain them

Grow the teeth of creature 3 (not 2, because 2 is the one that lives in the ocean) to eat the plants that were brought up to the land. Separates them between the 3 biomes, and leaves them as dangerous and as they were, only as vegetarians.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 05:17:46 pm by Wozzy »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Lend my assistance to wozzy as he shapes his creations and spreads mine.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(forgot to add Interference to the Leuxling, added)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

Hug the luxling and slowly relax.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile

I find a barren cave in a mountain and I create my own race of creatures:

Name: Night Stalkers
 Description: A race of 3 foot tall, pitch-black, jagged-skinned humanoids with average intelligence. They believe themselves to be the most important beings in the universe. They require intelligence sustenance.
 Powers:
 -Invisible in the dark
 -Telepathic:
    -Can communicate with creatures
    -Can twist creature's thoughts and ideas (used to make others subservient to them)
    -Can feed on a creature's intellect

I leave them dormant there. Until I wake them up (with a signal I will send to them), they will not need sustenance, and it will be nigh-impossible to detect their life signature.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft on Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends watched from his bubble of darkness, now awake. Everything was simple. Everything was progressing... but not quickly enough. He would make a start. Eventually, he would make an end too. But now was the time for a start.

And at the same time, an end. The start would also be an end.

He Who Flies Through the Darkness, Aloft on Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends put his hands together, than drew them apart slowly. Within his hands formed a rather large sphere of what looked to be liquid darkness. Then he threw it down to the planet. As it flew, it grew yet more. When it impacted, it was bloody huge. The impact made an end to most of what it hit(some of what it hit survived, and in the case of life, evolved to suit the new environment). The impact also carried with it an explosion of darkness- the area around where it hit became shaded, dark, covered, invisible. Within that area, what had survived now evolved to suit the environment, and some new life was also introduced.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

Lux trys to save as many things as possible.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile

I wonder if you're attempt will be more successful, and how the new creatures will interact.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ame turned toward the two newborn gods :
"You are late, Vorenaak and He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft on Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends. I am Ame, Protearch of the Soul. I am eager to see your input on the world..."

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile

Assuming it is not too late, assist both Le/ux and the one with the long name. Push the sphere away from the general population, but allow creature four or five to become caught, as well as some of the lesser plants.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Assuming it is not too late, assist both Le/ux and the one with the long name. Push the sphere away from the general population, but allow creature four or five to become caught, as well as some of the lesser plants.
"Do as you wish. It will be of no use in the long run. Everything we create has a beginning, and everything we create will have an end. That which you protect is no exception."

Ame turned toward the two newborn gods :
"You are late, Vorenaak and He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft on Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends. I am Ame, Protearch of the Soul. I am eager to see your input on the world..."
"It is good to see you, Ame. I am eager to be a part of this tale..."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile

An endless circle may be dull, but I would still like to see this world flourish. Though my actions will result in delaying the end, I won't attempt to stop it. Just know, that when this life ends, a new one will replace it.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Using the plants that were put on the land he inspires dozens of the sturdier ones grouped together in a 50 acre area to grow bigger.

Move some of the plants that are on land into the mountains. The elemental rich environment will be able to sustain them

Grow the teeth of creature 3 (not 2, because 2 is the one that lives in the ocean) to eat the plants that were brought up to the land. Separates them between the 3 biomes, and leaves them as dangerous and as they were, only as vegetarians.
Saraab loses 100 Energy
and 5 Ether thanks to The Ancestor's help.
Modification Roll 1d4 : [4]
((Your action confused me a lot. I assumed you meant to group dozens of the sturdiest plants around, and place them in a zone))
You select the sturdiest plants on the land on alter them to grow bigger. The plants end up being far stronger than you thought, giving them incredible resilience and growth speed.
+ mutated variant "resilient plant"

[2] The living conditions of the mountains end up being unsuitable for the plants.

Saraab loses 100 Energy
and 5 Ether thanks to The Ancestor's help.
Modification Roll 1d4 : [3]
The land based hunter ends up becoming vegetarians. Dangerous vegetarians.

Lend my assistance to wozzy as he shapes his creations and spreads mine.
You help Saraab modifying both of your creations.
The Ancestor loses 200 Energy
and 10 Ether
((When you help someone, costs are divided equally between the players except if they ask for otherwise. Furthermore, if there is a god with the proper sphere, the sphere cost reduction apply to the whole cost))

Hug the luxling and slowly relax.
[6] > [5] You hug Luxling and slowly relax. Crushing it with your divine form, you begin killing it.
But just in time you realize that and stop. The Luxling seems different, like smarter or something. It seems your connection triggered something.
Luxling (name definitive) is slightly smarter )but not sentient yet-

I find a barren cave in a mountain and I create my own race of creatures:

Name: Night Stalkers
 Description: A race of 3 foot tall, pitch-black, jagged-skinned humanoids with average intelligence. They believe themselves to be the most important beings in the universe. They require intelligence sustenance.
 Powers:
 -Invisible in the dark
 -Telepathic:
    -Can communicate with creatures
    -Can twist creature's thoughts and ideas (used to make others subservient to them)
    -Can feed on a creature's intellect

I leave them dormant there. Until I wake them up (with a signal I will send to them), they will not need sustenance, and it will be nigh-impossible to detect their life signature.
[3] You manage to find a suitable cave in a mountain.

Vorenaak loses 2800 Energy
and 140 Ether
Creation Roll 1d4 : [2]
You create the Night Stalkers, the first intelligent and sentient species of the World. Hiding them in the cave in a state of dormancy, you leave.

Vorenaak loses 500 Energy
[4] You manage to use your power to hide their life signature. If everything goes right, nothing should find them.

He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft on Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends watched from his bubble of darkness, now awake. Everything was simple. Everything was progressing... but not quickly enough. He would make a start. Eventually, he would make an end too. But now was the time for a start.

And at the same time, an end. The start would also be an end.

He Who Flies Through the Darkness, Aloft on Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends put his hands together, than drew them apart slowly. Within his hands formed a rather large sphere of what looked to be liquid darkness. Then he threw it down to the planet. As it flew, it grew yet more. When it impacted, it was bloody huge. The impact made an end to most of what it hit(some of what it hit survived, and in the case of life, evolved to suit the new environment). The impact also carried with it an explosion of darkness- the area around where it hit became shaded, dark, covered, invisible. Within that area, what had survived now evolved to suit the environment, and some new life was also introduced.
He Who Flies Through the Darkness, Aloft on Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends loses 2000 Energy
and 50 Ether ((Using a power able to modify life))
[6] > [3] (Overshot provoking an epic fail as per the rules)
As the black mass impacts the land, a loud sound echoes in the empty dark sky.
Everything that was caught in the black element died instantly. No living being survived, not even a bacteria.
As for the environment, it turned into a twisted place unsuitable to normal life.

[1] > [1] (Overfail provoking an epic fail as per the rules)
Lux loses 1000 Energy
You try to save life by shielding using your powers. Their is a miscalculation in your shielding, and your shields appear inside the creatures, making them explode from the inside.

[3] You manage to slightly deviate the trajectory of the sphere, saving a portion of the main population. You have no time to select which creatures to expose to the sphere though.
Saraab loses 500 Energy

Species survival : [Plant, VariantPlant, Four Land Beasts Species] > [4,3,6,6,5,1]
Terrestrial Plants survived.
Part of variant population died.
Three land beast species survived.
> two got greatly crippled by the sudden death of prey and sustenance.
> one (Airborne hunter) will thrive at the behest of the others.
One beast species died.

Ame looks at this scene, not interfering.
"It was a risky gamble HWFTTDADWSTBBE, and it seems life was too young and weak to survive your attempt of change. Oh, and it will be soon time to sleep for all of us. Come to me in the morning."

Ame nods in approval though, hearing your thoughts on the matter.

Next turn will end with a Timeskip

PLAYERS STATUS

WORLD STATUS

Spoiler: Overall Landscape (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Life (click to show/hide)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

As he feels the death of numerous creations, a change is noted. It Absorbs the dying life, risking corruption by it's darker kin in the process as it attempts to offset the darkness by creating one last lifeform from the death and destruction: Humans.

Regardless of the results, it would slip into a slumber, letting the plants it brought into being engulf and entomb them.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 10:03:27 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 38