Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: PsiQuest [SG]  (Read 6005 times)

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
  • I will not be very active till this text goes away
    • View Profile
Re: PsiQuest [SG]
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2016, 05:01:13 pm »

You know, if it changed from "I may return" to "I will not return", it can also go from "I will not return" to "It was just a prank guys. There's cameras over there"

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2016, 05:02:10 pm »

(Ohai Nunzillor!)

You know, if it changed from "I may return" to "I will not return", it can also go from "I will not return" to "It was just a prank guys. There's cameras over there"
Honestly, the number of times Lermfish had said this is the last thing... 
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2016, 05:08:25 pm »

You fearfully watch from behind a railcar chair. You have zero idea what's happening to her. All you know is that she's gotten worse. Her lightning is coloured red, and her telekinetic powers seem to spike drastically. You can feel her signal. It's insane, and pulsating. Throbbing. Where is she getting all this energy from?

Between her wails and the lightning, you can't speak aloud so you use psi. "Zhanort. What's going on?"

The old man bravely stands near her, observing the chaos. "She has stepped into the Dark."

"The Dark?"

"Yes, child. Her gifts are powered by negative emotion now: anger and hatred. Two of the worst. When you step into the Dark, you are given immense power, at the cost of . . ."

"Your sanity? No. We have to help her!"

"Even I cannot accomplish what is required to help her. She is relegated to--"

"She isn't relegated to anything. She's not our friend, but she's close enough. She hasn't ditched us or killed us, and she knocked out one of the Psellouts. Anyone who despises traitors is a friend worth saving in my book. Now tell me how to help her."

Zhanort sighs, shaking his head. "As you wish. But beware: a fine line between bravery and stupidity and you're to-the-fault loyalty will earn you just cause."

"Whatever. Tell me!"

"You must dive into her mind, and tear the negativity from her consciousness. Speak to her. Comfort her. Fight the negativity."

"Zhanort, you have to help me. You're part of the team too. We didn't leave you back there."

He thinks it over. Eventually, he agrees. "It is worth it to save a young mind. Join hands with me. Quickly!" You do as he demands, followed by his instruction to enter a meditative state. It apparently requires a great deal of energy and concentration to do something like this.

> Comfort her.
> Fight the negative engine.
> Do something else.

Spoiler: Data (click to show/hide)

((Not what I was talking about, Fish.))

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2016, 05:12:27 pm »

Honestly, the number of times Lermfish had said this is the last thing...
. . . is not that many. Unless two is a hundred. Your exaggerations are part of my decision to leave. That's highly inaccurate. I've done it twice, even the first time it was more an idea than a decision. So, this is really my first time saying it. I might repeat it for conversational relevance/to answer questions, but I don't run around saying "I'm leaving/now I'm not!".

Who do you think I am? RomanAtwoodPranks or FouseyTube? My pranks would a) be real and b) be worth watching. How would I even prank anyone on Bay12? I thought we were cool. Did I misunderstand you?

"FORUM LEAVING PRANK GONE SEXUAL IN THE HOOD KISSING GIRLS SEX WITH MODERATORS FEATURING VITALY!"

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
  • I will not be very active till this text goes away
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2016, 05:21:26 pm »

I was just joking.

Comfort her.

« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2016, 05:22:29 pm »

I was just joking.

Comfort her.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2016, 05:39:26 pm »

((Fish, I think it's time to stop bugging Lermfish about this. I (speaking for myself) certainly don't hate him or want him to leave, but it seems he's made up his mind. There comes a time when we should stop trying to change that and respect his decision.

Lerm... I don't have the right to speak for the entirety of Bay12, but I want you to know that I like you and enjoy reading your SGs. I have a tendency to lurk, obviously, but speaking from my own feelings and experience, your work does not go unappreciated.))

« Reply #82 on: May 02, 2016, 05:47:38 pm »

((I agree completely with Whisperling.  Best wishes to you, Lermfish!))

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 02, 2016, 05:55:27 pm »

((Fish, I think it's time to stop bugging Lermfish about this. I (speaking for myself) certainly don't hate him or want him to leave, but it seems he's made up his mind. There comes a time when we should stop trying to change that and respect his decision.

Lerm... I don't have the right to speak for the entirety of Bay12, but I want you to know that I like you and enjoy reading your SGs. I have a tendency to lurk, obviously, but speaking from my own feelings and experience, your work does not go unappreciated.))
I'm not sure I believe that (I mean, we haven't even seen each other before), but at least you're being positive. And that's worth a thank you in my book.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 02, 2016, 06:30:45 pm »

Comfort her.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

« Reply #85 on: May 02, 2016, 06:45:51 pm »

Try to walk away.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 07:04:01 pm by 4 »

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2016, 11:51:13 pm »

You enter a mid-level region of Vahara's mind, opting to soothe her. You get a glimpse of a memory -- enough to get the picture. It's her as a young Psilon, just coming into her gifts, but not being good enough. Not for her parents, her friends, her peers -- for anyone. You behold a small child sitting in a circle, who is judged and teased by her kin. With much concentration, you try to impart a memory of your own. A piece, anyway. That seems to calm her down, but you're only sure of this when you're booted out of her mind and come to, unaware of how much time has passed.

You run to her but don't do anything overwhelming. All you do is sit next to her as her heavy breathing subsides. You made it out okay!

"Nicely done, child", Zhanort muses. "Your mind is much stronger for it. You have done well this day." You nod and smile in response.

Looking over at the blonde gum-chewer brings the mood down a little. She's shivering, and in the fetal position. Unresponsive and doesn't even react to anything. Her psionic signal? Waning.

> Ask Zhanort what the deal with blondie is.
> Risk Vahara being pissed off and ask her if she's okay.
> Do something else.

MIND SKIM IS NOW MIND SCAN!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2016, 06:27:29 am »

"...What about the other girl?"
Sigtext

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2016, 01:47:56 pm »

"Zhanort, what happened to the other girl?" You are interested in the blonde, but more focused on the last remaining threat.

"Oh. She-" A blue beam of energy comes from the rear most car of the train and pierces Zhanort's head. You get out of the way so that you avoid being holed-up yourself.

You know it's the blue-haired girl, and figure it's psionic since you detected psi energy coming from the beam. Looking at the door it went through, you notice a medium-sized hole with glowing blue residue that is melting the metal. You don't have time to go to Zhanort; you'll be killed. You figure Vahara is next now that she's back to normal.

> Run to Vahara and tackle her out of the way.
> Call out to Vahara and hope she dodges.
> Do something else.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2016, 02:09:29 pm »

Do both of those at once while broadcasting the loudest noise you can conceive of at blue-hair.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8