Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: PsiQuest [SG]  (Read 6000 times)

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
PsiQuest [SG]
« on: April 28, 2016, 04:20:49 pm »

The mind. The mind is the root of consciousness. It inquires, it inspires. If nourished, it is capable of extraordinary things. Letting it rot may have you become a prisoner in your own body. It is your friend when no one else will be, and the only one you can rely on in hard times. With it, you are never truly alone. The mind, is one's greatest asset. So protect it, and keep it whole. Always remember, an open mind is like a fortress . . .

". . . with its gates unbarred and unguarded."

You listen to this speech. A speech coming from another convict. Another. Because you're one, right? You didn't really do anything, as far as you can recall.

"Shut up, you! You've been muttering this and that for the last hour!"

You didn't. Well . . . you kind of did. It's because you are a Psilon. Born with a natural ability to manipulate psychic energy. Your actual species? Doesn't matter. Homo-Sapien, Orc, Dinneh, Vunderkin, Kirin, Elf -- nope. The point is, you can do things most can't, and that's very illegal in this city. Super illegal. Even magic -- the less-potent cousin of psi -- is still leaned on hard by the 'police'. If it were up to Corporate Congress, both would be non-existent by way of eugenics. That's the politically-correct way to say 'genocide'. Genocide isn't good; it tends to kill people. Kill them until they're dead.

You look around. Not much to see except the city's buildings passing by, its people going about their daily lives. Free to do...whatever. Because they aren't a Psilon. They aren't you. Which means, they aren't on a prison transport. Why does a prison transport even have windows? It is to taunt you with what you'll be missing for the rest of your life?

> You can't do much, but perhaps a joke or two will lighten the mood?

Spoiler: What's this? (click to show/hide)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: PsiQuest [SG]
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 06:28:11 pm »

Heya.

Muse on what you can actually do, even if you haven't.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 06:54:07 pm »

You could look out the window again, but that would likely result in a sharper kick to the shin, or meeting an officer's stunstick. Both options scream "no". You could try talking to Mr Mutters who went on a rant about the mind being a fortress with gates and stuff. The thing is, you're currently in one of few anti-psi vehicles in the city. It's new technology that the Corporate Congress developed, thanks to Psilons who went turncoat for an easy buck. Perhaps money is all that living life is worth, a thought as dark as the city itself. Another night, with the city dripping with neon.

Whoa. Off-topic. Back to talking to the Mutterer. You're in anti-psi hand restraints, but you still have limited telepathy. You can communicate with this guy without him knowing. Before that, you take a look around the inside of the bus.

The Mutterer, who is now whispering to himself. An Orc who isn't a Psilon but is just . . . there because he's some kind of criminal. Lastly, a girl with the appearance of a small human child wearing a blindfold in the row across and three seats to the left. She has a psionic presence you can detect, and it's rather impressive for a child. Looks like your options at the moment are . . .

> talk to Mutter Man.
> talk to the Orc.
> talk to the little girl.

((Glad to have you aboard for the farewell, Fish. Carry on the title in my absence.))

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 06:56:47 pm »

Talk to the little girl, noting she's probably not really a little girl.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 06:58:32 pm »

TALK TO THE ORC
SUPER ORC MUSCLES GO
Black lives matter.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 07:51:40 pm »

I'm not sure if I should coin toss (to keep my momentum) or let it lie for a bit (voters' pick). I might coin toss it in some hours.

Edit: WTF? My last SG on the Bay gets insta-voters. Y'all want me gone I reckon. xD
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 08:03:46 pm by Lermfish »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 08:42:49 pm »

No, they just found something with choice, but not too much choice, and interesting stuff in.

Little girl who isn't.

Also, I meant more broadly what can you do as a Psilon?

((I don't think you're going to go, by the way.  You've always started something up after.))
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:31:20 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 09:04:05 pm »

No, they just found something with choice, but not too much choice, and interesting stuff in.
Is that an eclipse? No, it's Fish throwing shade on a fellow brother-in-scales. How dare you, sir! Pistols at dawn!

Also, I meant more broadly what can you do as a Psilon?
Oh. I thought you meant what you can do in the transport. :/

That depends on what you're asking exactly. I'm not sure if you're asking what the player-character can do in her current state, or what the possibilities are for a Psilon. To the former: Not much. This is a new SG, after all. To the latter: Heaps, if you can last long enough to level up. Depends on the choices you make as well with the character build.

((I don't think you're going to go, by the way.  You've always statted something up after.))
I wouldn't bet money on me returning. And this is only my second time announcing a departure. Unless my account was jacked and posts were made that I am unaware of. o.o

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 09:08:16 pm »

That was a compliment?

What the PC can do, unfettered, in their current state.

(I'm glad you answered that question, though, because, y'know, I don't think there would have been as much doing of stuff.)

You've still announced it one time more than one would expect ;P
Sigtext

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 09:23:12 pm »

That was a compliment?
No. It means I perceived that as an insult. When one 'throws shade' they insult.

What the PC can do, unfettered, in their current state.
Funny thing: You're not unfettered. However I won't be pedantic. Until you get to the character build part of the game, you only have . . . (and keep in mind these are low-level skills; very weak)

Spoiler: Unfettered Skills (click to show/hide)

(I'm glad you answered that question, though, because, y'know, I don't think there would have been as much doing of stuff.)

You've still announced it one time more than one would expect ;P
Oh, you have jokes. Don't make me come back with some! :D

EDIT: Oh, you made the tiebreaker vote.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 09:27:11 pm »

Orcs > little girls, TBF.
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2016, 09:27:58 pm »

@Lermfish: Yes, I rather gathered that, but that meant I was trying to compliment you on striking the right balance of choice, plot, and lore.  :S

@SB: Little girl isn't what she seems.  She probably knows more.  Maybe.  I'm not sure.
Sigtext

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2016, 09:29:52 pm »

Sometimes little girls are just little girls. Don't be overly genre savvy or it'll bite you in the ass.

...we can talk to the Orc afterwards right
Black lives matter.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2016, 10:34:08 pm »

Talk to the girl, clearly she will become a girly young psylon leader, and we shall protect and train her.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2016, 04:24:33 am »

You reach out to the little girl first. Her psionic signal is too significant to pass up. And you might not get a chance to later.

"Psst. Hey. You with the blindfold." Probably not the best way to introduce oneself, especially when you're mentally addressing them.

She turns in your general direction. She can make eye contact due to, well, the blindfold. "What do you want?"

"Nothing. Just saying hi. You have an impressive psionic presence."

"Yes. It took years of training."

"Years? How long have you been at it? You look-"

"Like I'm young. I'm 10. Been training since I was 3, but could do...things since I was 1. Or so they tell me."

"They? Who would 'they' be?"

"My Enclave."

Right. Psilons have their own tribes within the city, seeking refuge among each other as the general public will not have them. These families are known as Enclaves. You have one, right?

> Muse about the Enclaves. (option tree; character build will initiate)
> Talk to the Orc.
> Talk to the mumbler.
> Do something else.

((In this case, the little girl was actually a little girl. That's Lerm for ya. Throwin' curveballs aimed at your dome!))
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8