Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: PsiQuest [SG]  (Read 6003 times)

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: PsiQuest [SG]
« Reply #90 on: May 03, 2016, 04:57:48 pm »

So, we're just going to wipe my last update? That's real nice. It's not like I spend 20 minutes typing it or anything. Patience wears ever so thin.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2016, 04:59:41 pm »

Huh?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2016, 04:59:59 pm »

Not you. The site. It did something to the update.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2016, 05:00:59 pm »

It's still there...?
"Zhanort, what happened to the other girl?" You are interested in the blonde, but more focused on the last remaining threat.

"Oh. She-" A blue beam of energy comes from the rear most car of the train and pierces Zhanort's head. You get out of the way so that you avoid being holed-up yourself.

You know it's the blue-haired girl, and figure it's psionic since you detected psi energy coming from the beam. Looking at the door it went through, you notice a medium-sized hole with glowing blue residue that is melting the metal. You don't have time to go to Zhanort; you'll be killed. You figure Vahara is next now that she's back to normal.

> Run to Vahara and tackle her out of the way.
> Call out to Vahara and hope she dodges.
> Do something else.

Spoiler: Data (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 05:07:45 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2016, 05:04:23 pm »

That sounds... weird. Did it time out or something? The site whacked out a bit for me a few minutes ago, basically just loading until it got a 504.

If you've still got the tab open, you might be able to go back and recover it. Other than that, really not sure. In-browser text editors can be a pain.  :(

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 03, 2016, 05:06:06 pm »

I had a PM get sent and not show up in Sent, but that's pretty weird.

B12 does seem to save the contents of your post if you use the Back button, at least.
Sigtext

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 03, 2016, 06:35:38 pm »

Wasting no time, you get Vahara out of the way of the next beam, which comes pretty close to hitting her. That seemed to jar her out of her post-freak out state.

"Jeez. Easy on the tackle, next time." She says, rubbing her head. You expect more...bite than that. Maybe she's not 100% recovered yet.

"You're welcome for saving your life. We need to-" You both dodge another beam. "We need to get to that girl."

"It figures that a Psellout and a Smurf would try some cowardly shit like this. Wait. Let me try something." She calmly puts both of her palms on the railcar's floor, channelling electricity through it. The bolts go right to the rear, locking blue hair in place. She was already locked in to begin with, but now she can't do anything but curse you both. "Go, Orphanette. I can only do this for so long!"

"Right!" You rush to the rear, where you telekinetically hold blue hair in place, allowing Vahara to ease up a bit. She rushes over to Zhanort who is likely dead by now.

> Slam this girl a bit. She deserves it.
> Ask her questions (write in).
> Do something else.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2016, 09:31:24 am »

Ten pages in? No way am I letting this die.

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
  • I will not be very active till this text goes away
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 05, 2016, 09:42:55 am »

I don't think there are questions to ask. Slam the girl!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2016, 04:45:53 pm »

Don't slam her, probe her.
Sigtext

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2016, 04:48:25 pm »

One for slam. One for probe.

Y'all some crazy ass dudes, man.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2016, 05:02:25 pm »

Ask questions, then slam when you have the info or it's clear she won't talk. Try and learn something about protector protocols/patrols or something, if possible- it might help us avoid them in the future.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2016, 09:49:34 am »

It's time for Smurfette to talk. You're pretty angry, and notice you feel different. It can't be residual negative energy from Vahara's incident, could it?

"How did you know about us? What do you know about the CPS?"

"Stupid kid." Her talking is strained. Perhaps you're putting too much pressure on her. You don't care. "They always put out an all-points bulletin for psychotic Psilons like you. Unh. Let me go!"

You increase the pressure you put on her body. "I asked you something else. What insight do you have on the CPS? Protocols, patrols, condition level."

"Heh. You don't...know anything, do you brat?" For some reason, you feel that she isn't talking about any of your questions, but something else entirely. A quick Mind Scan reveals something interesting: A shallow thought that regards the CPS as negative. Almost...hateful.

"Don't bother playing cowboy with me", you spit back. "I know there are things about the Protectors that you hate. Tell me, and I'll let you go."

"You might...as well get this...over with. I'm not telling...a brat like you anything."

You slam her on the railcar's walls a few time. At least every wall -- even the ceiling -- has met her body a couple of times.

> Keep slamming her. This feels good.
> Do something else.

Author's Note: I'm having fun with this. Might re-run it with the open-ended "You Are A..." format after this run.

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
  • I will not be very active till this text goes away
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2016, 10:25:56 am »

Use our mindread to read full sentences! Or just try to further Investigate!

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2016, 10:27:35 am »

Use our mindread to read full sentences! Or just try to further Investigate!
+1
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8